Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online before November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

Grease_Bits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Doh, I signed up my mother to a public mobile account yesterday. If I sign her up through the email link will this promotion be applied to her plan that was activated on the 22nd?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aaleem 

Oh...they gave refunds for roaming add-ons for those still in the states too.

Do the likes of Lucky and Chatr give all this stuff away? Or just the upper main brands?

aaleem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Summer 2019" , "Xmas 2019" were almost 12 months ago ......

I am referring to current times. Cell phone usage due to covid has dropped significantly (while home internet usage picked up) and that's why almost every provider is offering free data /minutes EXCEPT PM as a token of concern and care to its subscribers and to retain them. 

No discounts or one time perks from PM during the "entire covid period so far" !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aaleem wrote:

All service providers including Rogers ,Bell ,Telus ,.Freedom Kudoo are throwing in free data (one time or recurring) these days for existing customers but Public Mobile is so stingy in this regard.

All PM offers and perks are for new customers only ! - Wondering existing customer are PM's lowest priority.

Summer 2019 we all got a free gig of data. Xmas 2019 we all got 400 minutes and a gig of data. Summer 2020 people in AB and BC got 1000 minutes and 5 gigs of data.

Some promo plans are made available to existing customers. There used to be a promo credit for referrals for the existing customer. We haven't seen that for a while other than enticing a few no-to-low referrals customers to get with it for one time.

aaleem

All service providers including Rogers ,Bell ,Telus ,.Freedom Kudoo are throwing in free data (one time or recurring) these days for existing customers but Public Mobile is so stingy in this regard.

All PM offers and perks are for new customers only ! - Wondering existing customer are PM's lowest priority.

@dac13 wrote:

If you sign up for the $25 plan and change to the $15 plan for the 2nd month then the credit will be for $15 and not the $25?

If you initially sign on with the $25 plan and your next renewal is free...why would you downgrade to $15 plan for the second ?

Alternative is to downgrade for the 3rd renewal. Wouldn't that make more sense ?  😷

EDIT; never mind...I now see your point. Good question.  🤔

Oh and good to see the Flash Sale coming around somewhat regularly AND good to see it here in the announcements on the Community. Sales and Promotions should always be listed here to inform the community.

AE_Collector

Looks like you can activate on “any plan” this time BUT it is “Activate Online” which means “Do it Yourself“ activation, not a store or dealer activation as I see it.

Easy enough to DIY but invariably there will be some “I didn't get my second month free” comments in the community which will turn out to be people who activated at a dealer. Would like to see that clarified better.

And we now have “before Oct 26 11:59 PM Eastern” wording so that is good in that it eliminates previous confusion caused by “activate before Oct 26” wording that seemed to translate to “BY Oct 25” in reality. Better wording still would be “Activate BY Oct 26 11:59 PM” instead of BEFORE. The 11:59 is used to be more specific than saying “midnight” so that makes “before” redundant. By is what is really meant and nails it down to the minute.

As always....JMHO

AE_Collector

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T hello why do you folks continue to mislead people by saying second month free when in fact it is a 30 day plan you are offering ?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

These are good offers to refer people and have them stick around at least 60 day and really give it a try. But I'm having very hard time getting people to ignore unlimited talk & text for a year for $99 by freedom or Fido's data only offers. I really think we need some fresh plans. Also lots of young people cannot last 10 gigs for 30 days. 

It's still good promo

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Great thanks for the offer:)

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you sign up for the $25 plan and change to the $15 plan for the 2nd month then the credit will be for $15 and not the $25?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Good offer for new customers.

Marie555

It is a really nice offer!

How can we share this post the a friend? (messenger, e-mail?)

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T thanks for the info! Good incentive for new people to join our PM family😊

Need Help? Let's chat.