Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

52 REPLIES 52

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

@wangchaouse wrote:

I have registered my email and activated my account at 23 September, but I have not received my second month free credit, is it normal? Does anyone else have received it? 

@wangchaouse 

According to terms and condition,

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

I would wait at least until October 23 to see whether you receive the credit.  If not, then I would contact moderator

wangchaouse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess this is the confirmation message. 

mmexport1602335442540.jpg

wangchaouse

Did you receive your second month FREE credit now? I haven't received. 😕

wangchaouse

I have registered my email and activated my account at 23 September, but I have not received my second month free credit, is it normal? Does anyone else have received it? 

@Jb456  your post answers my own question... why would they send me a sim(🤮) 

@gpixel Are you sure the TEXTNOW sim will work on your phone? ..I dont think you can use the sim card in Canada either.

Here's what I found.

Screenshot_20200929_032849.jpg

Screenshot_20200929_034231.jpg

Screenshot_20200929_034342.jpg

Then bottom one says. SIM not unavailable out side of USA?

Screenshot_20200929_034517.jpg

@Anonymous I agree, the $10 plan is pretty decent. especially with all the extra gifts pm gives away. it's disappointing only 50 texts are included, with no option to add-on... I need texting

I was reading through the fine print and it looks like it's a full 15gb. 

can't wait for my textnow sim to arrive! I want to see how good the signal quality is. and it's a free service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

I just received a free virgin mobile sim and a win you back offer of $55/15gb. it's a great deal, but I don't use any where near that amount. I will gladly accept the free sim though 😊

Maybe it'll let you change the APN on those odd devices that don't have the right one 🙂

That's just it though eh. Sure ok great deal but I don't need it and I wouldn't want to spend that much each month anyway. That's why I like my $10 plan and add-ons. I pay minimum outlay and consume the add-ons as I go.

I just received a free virgin mobile sim and a win you back offer of $55/15gb. it's a great I will gladly accept the free sim 😊

Scarybear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

These temp deals aren't really appealing. I'd never switch over for that. It's just like Shaw saying first 3 months is free or 99c or 10$ then it goes back up to $100. 

Permanent is king. 

@Rosguru wrote:

Screenshot_2020-09-21-05-58-38.png

 Yes here is what it looks like

The person you were replying to was asking about an e-mailed confirmation messages, something that Public Mobile does not usually send out for these types of offers.

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Screenshot_2020-09-21-05-58-38.png

 Yes here is what it looks like

Scarybear

You guys need a unlimited call $25 plan with 5 gig data. 

Freedom currently offering 7GB plans (1GB + 6GB bonus) for $35, it’s hard to get onboard with public. 

sophyc

Thanks for letting me know! I guess I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get both the referral credit and the 2nd month free offer together. Glad there’s no need to worry!

@sophyc  Welcome to Public Mobile.

As per the terms of the promotion people have till October 2nd to activate. If you entered your email on the promo link during the period of the flash sale. The terms says credit will be applied within 30 business days but before next renewal. 

Since the promotion ends October 2nd for people to activate credits will only start to be applied after that date. Check your account around the 10th or later for the credit to be applied.

sophyc

Hi there,

I got this offer for 2nd month free and activated my sim yesterday, but I also had a referral code from a friend so I used that when activating too. I received the $10 referral credit today, but haven’t received the credit for my 2nd month free. Does anyone know when I’ll receive the credit for the 2nd month free please?

Thanks!

@jlw175 wrote:

I believe the confirmation message appears on the same screen once you enter your email, or at least that's what I am hoping. This appears in the place where you entered your email once it goes through.Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 12.25.20 PM.png

Hi @jlw175 , yes, thanks. 

The below does appear after the email is entered.

But for me, I keep these records as proof of what I did; and the email I entered is not referenced anywhere.

So, come time, if I have to prove that I entered my email correctly to anyone, I would like a record to show for it.

I have been around long enough to know - CYA!

😜 

esjliv_0-1600551073769.png

jlw175

I believe the confirmation message appears on the same screen once you enter your email, or at least that's what I am hoping. This appears in the place where you entered your email once it goes through.Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 12.25.20 PM.png

@Anonymous wrote:

He's been here so long that he probably has free service for years. That's why he's here. That's why I'm here. Maybe not quite so many years though 🙂

That's why most people are here. Rewards are the main reason people stay. Other than that, there's is no longer anything substantial that differentiates Public Mobile from the competition. One only has to ask longtime members about the general mood of the Community to find out that opinion.  And for the record, I don't own stock at any of the carriers, so it makes no difference who someone signs up with. Unlike others, I have zero reason to want a carriers to succeed or for the stock value to go up (or down).  If anything, I would be more likely to give Public Mobile the benefit of the doubt being a former Oracle. That doesn't mean that I'm going to applaud every short-term sale that encourages customers to jump back-and-forth between carriers every few months, nor am I going to applaud the annoucement of an unpopular, overpriced plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@latefordinner wrote:

z10user4 Here's the thing.  I DO own Telus stock.  I also own, or have owned, stock of the other big players.  I have for many, many years.

So either, 1, this user has inside numbers which would be highly illegal to divulge.  Or 2, They have nothing but conjecture and anecdotal evidence about the state of the company.  They are spreading FUD about the company and yet they continue to stay with Public Mobile.  That affirms that I have made the right choice.  When they leave the community I know I should look elsewhere for options (which I will do regardless).

As you wish. Don't take anonymous internet musings quite so seriously. If a username pops up as Darren Entwistle saying PM is about to fold then maybe you might want to sit up and take notice. And of course even that could be fake. If that Darren fellow came on here and there was a dark PM symbol next to his title like the blue symbol next to the moderator_team then you would have something.

You do like your FUD acronym though. It's an anonymous writer on an internet forum. This is the same in _every_ other forum unless there is some indication that the person is the operator of the forum.

He's been here so long that he probably has free service for years. That's why he's here. That's why I'm here. Maybe not quite so many years though 🙂

latefordinner

z10user4 Here's the thing.  I DO own Telus stock.  I also own, or have owned, stock of the other big players.  I have for many, many years.

So either, 1, this user has inside numbers which would be highly illegal to divulge.  Or 2, They have nothing but conjecture and anecdotal evidence about the state of the company.  They are spreading FUD about the company and yet they continue to stay with Public Mobile.  That affirms that I have made the right choice.  When they leave the community I know I should look elsewhere for options (which I will do regardless).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@latefordinner wrote:

@Anonymous That IS my point.  They DON'T know.  It's conjecture, it's FUD.  Pure and simple.

But so what if it is. He's making his own observations from his small-to-the-company data-set. We read about people here keeping all kinds of records and analyzing it all trying to suss out everything and possibly make predictions. I couldn't be bothered. But if it's what entertains others then fine. And if they want to offer opinions on what they see then fine.

If you don't own stock in Telus then what does his observation/prediction of dropping numbers matter to you? Unless the big 3 collude and decide to fold up tent on their 3rd tiers then PM isn't going to go anywhere.

And again...it's the internet. An anonymous person has said something. Find the salt. If that's how you feel. The regulars here know of the guys history here. He carries some respect from that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@David_J wrote:
  1. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.

So, yesterday, I DID enter an email for this promo, and have yet to receive an email as stated above. I did this the last time this promo came out, and did not receive an email either.

Has anyone received this "confirmation message" from last promo or this one?

Thanks

Oftentimes, the wording around here can be rather lacking and ambiguous. It doesn't say email. After you pressed the button to submit your email address, did the page come back with some wording about that they have received your email address submission? That's all you get. That "confirmation message" is all I got when I tried it on the last one.

@Anonymous , you are correct, it doesn't actually say "an email". But there was no "confirmation message" or popup whatsoever after entering the email. And I was looking for one, because I entered an email on the last promo like this and did not receive a confirmation message on that one either.

I didn't see a pop-up on the last one. It's just the page comes back saying something about that they got it. Unless it came back with a 404...they got it.

Somebody around here took screenshots. You could try putting in some bogus address and see what it comes back with after pressing the button.

latefordinner

@Anonymous That IS my point.  They DON'T know.  It's conjecture, it's FUD.  Pure and simple.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@latefordinner wrote:

@Anonymous They are saying that they have the numbers.  I am asking for nothing more than the factual numbers.  Without facts their words are nothing more than conjecture.

@latefordinner 

But they ARE conjecture. He's reporting what he thinks is a trend in all of his referrals. He doesn't _know_. Only the company _knows_.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@David_J wrote:
  1. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.

So, yesterday, I DID enter an email for this promo, and have yet to receive an email as stated above. I did this the last time this promo came out, and did not receive an email either.

Thanks

Oftentimes, the wording around here can be rather lacking and ambiguous. It doesn't say email. After you pressed the button to submit your email address, did the page come back with some wording about that they have received your email address submission? That's all you get. That "confirmation message" is all I got when I tried it on the last one.

@Anonymous , you are correct, it doesn't actually say "an email". But there was no "confirmation message" or popup whatsoever after entering the email. And I was looking for one, because I entered an email on the last promo like this and did not receive a confirmation message on that one either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

@David_J wrote:

Thanks

@Triguy wrote:

According to the terms and conditions it is only available for new customers.

Hi @Triguy , was that answer to me?  🙂

Yes, it would be a new account, I would activate.

Need Help? Let's chat.