cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 16th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 16, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 6 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 6 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

98 REPLIES 98

@alfayyadh wrote:

How to get this offer?

At this moment, you can't. This offer has expired.

Jeet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please keep looking for announcements.. Public Mobile will announce if there is any offers. There were good offers available at the time black Friday until Christmas.  Now we have to wait and nobody knows when PM will announce offers. I will wait and keep looking for offers.

alfayyadh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to get this offer?

Checking the initial post of this topic, this Flash Sale was from Dec 13-16 only and provided a credit to cover your second month as long as you activated on a $25 or higher plan.

Checking the other Flash Sale notifications the next one started on Dec 20 to 23 with the same $25 plan requirement and also provided a credit to cover your second month. But it was soon changed so that it continued until further notice (not just until Dec 23) which finally ran out of time on Jan 3. This change also extended the offer to any new plan, not just a $25 or higher plan.

Thus, unfortunately there was no promo in effect on Dec 18 beyond the referal credit bonus of $20 to the person who referred you.

AE_Collector

melodyg

Hello, I activated my account on December 18, 2019, however, I did not receive the 30-day FLASH SALE credit. How do I solve this? Thanks!

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You could pick up.SIM card from Walmart, its faster and they should port the number for you

@AmberD87 wrote:

Definitely a really nice appreciation gift for being with ur company much appreciated thank u 

This was a promo for new customer and it's expired. 

AmberD87

Definitely a really nice appreciation gift for being with ur company much appreciated thank u 

You could also signup for alerts or keep checking the annoucements thread.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks, I am already suscribed to an RSS feed.  Wondering if that will suffice or should I also sign up to the deals alert under plans on the PM website

Mimi33

About your suggestion to sign up for flash sales. I signed up for an RSS feed.  Would that suffice?

Mimi33

That was the original reason I started investigating PM. The $60 plan was amazing. If they ever did bring it back I would grab it for sure. Even if they would give is US roaming for 30 days at a time in addition to the 10 day add on.  I have read that witht the 10 day add on at times can leave you without anything for a day unless you buy it in the 9th day.  It will be a real pain worrying about going into account 3 times a month and trying to remember what day to do it.

Unfortunately I missed the $60 plan.  Should have jumped on it in June but waited til the fall to get it...darn...whodda thunk it would disappear

@Mimi33  There used to be 90 day plans but they are no longer offered but some customers choose to keep them. Public mobile will grandfather you in with older plans if you choose to keep them but you cant change plans once you do you cant get it back. Same as the lucky customers who took the $60 US/Canada roaming plan with 8gb data/2gb us roaming/unlimited calling and texting. That was a limited time plan and a great deal. At least you will be able to keep the holiday add ons when you switch to the $15 plan the next time you go south. Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page so youll know if they bring back the $60 US plan again you might want to snap it up.

Once you reach your data limit then it will stop.  PM does not have any overages.

Mimi33

I am only home for a few weeks and wasn't sure what happens if I go over the data allotment.  With other companies they just keep on charging and charging. I think, but not sure, because it is pay as you go, that if I exceed my limit phone would just not work on data...but wasn't sure so I went up to $35 to be safe.  Next 3 months back to Fl so will drop to $15 and add on talk and text.  Thanks for your suggestions. I see people talking about 3 month at a time payments? What are savings if that does exist?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Jeez darlicious! How about a paragraph break? Your lengthy (informative) screeds come out as walls of text.

🙂

@Mimi33  And you should feel proud of yourself. That was quite the accomplishment and don't worry I was just as green when I joined in August. I waited and waited and waited for a sale almost all summer long and I finally couldnt stand to pay one more overpriced bill so i switched and wouldnt you know it they finally had a flash sale two days later. I didnt even have a referral code. But thats ok because i was already saving from my last provider as im sure you are from bell. And you do get the free holiday add on gifts worth $45. And....a little advice for a better deal or to save some more money. It sounds like you chose the $35 plan with 1.5 5gb on autopay ($33). This plan has the least value so consider scheduling a change on your next renewal. If you're not a big data user switch it to the $25 it still has 1gb of data but saves you $10 a month. Enable all your data saving optionsyou should be fine and if you need a little more to get thru the last couple of days youve got the free data add on to dip into. But if you like having some freedom to use data when you need or want to then switch to the $40 its only $5 more per month and you get 3.5gb more data. More than triple the data of the $35 plan for $5! That's the cheapest data increase between any plans on public mobile. You can also change plans  as much as you want...next couple of months youre a homebody on wifi most of the time because its cold outside down to the $25 even the $15 maybe....come summer your at the beach, lake, cottage whatever your outside enjoying the weather away from wifi you bump up to the $40 for a couple of months. Two weeks in mexico down to the $15 and a cheap Mexican sim plan. Lots of flexibility but get off the $35 its not worth it. With all the money your going to save...where is your next vacation going to be?

Well I too have commented numerous times that 10 to 14 day promos would solve many problems including the problem of getting a SIM card mailed out in time to activate. But they do some short 3-4 day promos and some longer 10-14 day promos. For months there were no promos through the summer so we are happy that they are back. But the short ones can be problematic. 

AE_Collector

Mimi33

aahh yes...I am learning all the time but it was overwhelming to me.  I have never changed providers or sim cards in 16+ years.  I appreciate the info provided and in future it may come in handy.  However, I didn't even know the questions to ask never mind find an answer to them.  I just feel that a 4-5 day promo for NEW signups is a tough time table when dealing with a truly green newbies signing up to a provider that has no human contact.  I was pretty proud of myself for getting it done so quickly once I had the sim card (other than the hours spent on the phone with Bell as took three attempts to unlock phone) and not knowing phone was locked. It is not the end of the world for sure but just felt the only people that could benefit in that time frame would be those that know the game and can play it well.  Someday, perhaps I will be one of them,....not....I will always need guidance from great people like you  :0)

If you have a SIM card in hand or even just the SIM card serial number of a card that is on its way to you, you can activate a new PM account. If there was a problem with porting out from Bell or a locked phone to deal with, you still could have started the new account then ported your number to PM once the problems were resolved.

AE_Collector

Mimi33

I had 5 days to order sim and set up account. Found out my phone was locked once I got sim card in mail. Took a day to get it done and 7 phone calls to Bell.  Whether I ported number number was irrelevant as I ran out of time to get promo

@Mimi33 wrote:

I just replied about time limit of Dec 16th.  It was impossible for me to get sim and unlock phone and port number in time. Gets tough for newbies to get it done so quickly, maybe give us a few more days. Mail is slower this time of year.  Hoping your reply will be a positive one to allow the promo up to Dec 18th.

Numbers can be ported in at any time. Activation does need to be done while the promotion is active.

Mimi33

I just replied about time limit of Dec 16th.  It was impossible for me to get sim and unlock phone and port number in time. Gets tough for newbies to get it done so quickly, maybe give us a few more days. Mail is slower this time of year.  Hoping your reply will be a positive one to allow the promo up to Dec 18th.

Mimi33

Ordered sim card.  Once received it took me a day+ to get phone unlocked by Bell..wonder why I left them..then had to port my number from Bell another day.  Now it seems I missed the offer yet it doesn't say expired so hoping I qualify with $35 plan.

JenL

@SomeFriend I hope you get what you need!

@maejestic  The flash sale deadline was 11:59pm et. on Dec 16th. So you have missed the deadline. If you started at least one hour before that it is possible to ask for it to be honored but there is no guarantee it will be granted. They may extend it...check in the morning or they offer another promo on Friday Dec 20th as they often do promos on Fridays. The referral credit of $20 is still valid. I think your best bet would be to wait until morning. However you could submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue that you tried to activate in time but kept getting errors and missed the deadline. Will they honor promo activating on Dec 17th. Can't hurt to ask. I'll follow up with how to avoid errors and the 50 min lock out sessions.

maejestic

Hi,

I really want to take part in the flash sale for my brother but some reason my sim card keeps getting rejected. I want to try again with another credit card but it says i have to wait 50 minutes to try again. Is it possible to get a promo code so I can still get the free $20??!

Auntyaubray

Thank you for putting up promotions. 

Merry Christmas.  And  Have a happy and safe holiday season. 

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

alfayyadh

I like this offer .. next payment will be 0$.

Need Help? Let's chat.