Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

From May 19 - 24 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

56 REPLIES 56

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be one to vote for tracking number for SIM cards.  Regular lettermail via Canada Post has always worked for me, albeit somewhat slow during COVID.  Using an expedited/tracking services usually means more $$$, so either you pay for it (not a bad idea) or everybody pays for it through our Plans & Add-ons... if it costs Public Mobile more $$$$$, then it adds pressure to their "bottom line" and more likely it will add up alongside other things.  🙂

@jhol wrote:

That's pretty fantastic! I hope in the future PM will include shipping tracking with their SIM cards.

I nearly didn't join PM because I thought I wouldn't be able to get mine in a reasonable amount of time.

While it did arrive late, it was only 2 days. There's many posts in the community about them not even being received after 2+ months.

I wouldn't count on receiving tracking numbers for SIM card shipments. Many times, customers are not even informed that the SIM cards are shipped. While tracking numbers are sometimes used, the part where the SIM card ordering page says that shiping by Canada Post Xpresspost is used is incorrect. Sometimes, that is used, but other times, SIM cards are sent as a regular letter, while other times, UPS is used.

jhol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's pretty fantastic! I hope in the future PM will include shipping tracking with their SIM cards.

I nearly didn't join PM because I thought I wouldn't be able to get mine in a reasonable amount of time.

While it did arrive late, it was only 2 days. There's many posts in the community about them not even being received after 2+ months.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

just activated my cousin thanks PM

@Ghengis 

I've been in your shoes....but they do retroactively apply referral codes for the $10 bonus credit. If you don't have a code from a friend or family member just make a new friend! Private nessage a community member and ask for tneir referral code. They will happily oblige. Welcome to public mobile!

@Ghengis 

@Ghengis wrote:

I activated May 16, saw the flash sale this morning 😞

Who said procrastination doesn't pay 😉

Any way to get them to back date it to recent activations?

Sorry, you are out of luck.  PM does not retroactively apply promotions.  

Ghengis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated May 16, saw the flash sale this morning 😞

Who said procrastination doesn't pay 😉

Any way to get them to back date it to recent activations?

@Anonymous 

Yosemite Sam I am!🔫😃🔫 lol....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Don't shoot me I'm only the piano player. I saw the T&C's and was surprised to see that detail and mentioned it. We could go on interpreting all this but any clarifications would be needed from the company.

@hTideGnow 

I have tried all that but I can't uninstall it as google photos is an embedded app....I can only force stop it. Which improved the amount of the pattern but did not completely remove it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : ?? I thought those T&C's were quite clear and pretty much the same thing in the email. ??

@Anonymous 

In the announcement....

From May 19 - 24 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

In the email that you only get if you pre-registered your email it says....

*Offer available to new activations in-store and online. To redeem this offer in-store, activate between May 19, 2021 and May 24, 2021. To redeem this offer online, submit your email address online between May 19 and May 24 at 11:59 PM ET, and then activate online using the same email address you submitted on this page by June 4 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is stackable with other promotions.The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans. Please note the discount will be applied toward your third month of service. This offer is subject to change without notice. Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

The way I read the announcement in order to get this offer you have to:

Only once you do that do you get the email saying you don't have to submit your email to activate in-store between the dates specified.

@darlicious between Browser or Google Photo, try clear cache.. if no good, try Clear Data .. still fail.. maybe try uninstall and reinstall???

@hTideGnow 

No its my google photos on my samsung tablet. And yes it shows up once I save the copy after the edit. But doesn't do it on my phone....so the issue is with my tablet.

Screenshot_20210521-154936.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : ?? I thought those T&C's were quite clear and pretty much the same thing in the email. ??

@Anonymous 

I agree....one could definitely argue the point if the email address was not entered and you were denied the credit. Especially since the clearest terms and conditions are only in the email you recieve after registration.

@carlaspapa 

Your welcome! Fingers crossed for you....how can you go wrong when you can get 6 months of service for about $30+tax!

@darlicious , you still have your screenshot issue with all the red dots? you posted from your phone?  when you check the pictures on your phone, you see those dots?

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

Thanks for the detailed post and extra info about the offer from Canadian cell supplies. I will tell my friend to look into activating with them too to get the extra savings!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious, @computergeek541 : I'm talking about the one little detail of the email submission. It seems to say that an in-store activation this weekend does not need the email submission. It clearly differentiates in store not saying that and online saying that.

That's how I interpret it.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is great news. I think I might have a friend interested to get my second referral reward. He doesn't have access to the internet right now can I enter his email address for him?

@computergeek541 

To be thorough....here is the entire email. The terms and conditions seem clearer but of course you would have to submit your email to get these terms and conditions.

Pleade ignore my "new" personalized "mark up" design....still can't fix that...?!!

Screenshot_20210521-145632.pngScreenshot_20210521-145829.pngScreenshot_20210521-145714~2.png

@hTideGnow 

Yes it is a little unclear but the deadline for in-store activations is 11:59:59 pm eastern on May 24th. For online activations its June 4th at 11:59:59 pm eastern.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : Yes. Home page/Get Offer/Terms & Conditions:

Offer available to new activations in-store and online. To redeem this offer in-store, activate between May 19, 2021 and May 24, 2021.

In some ways, I don't see as in-store activation being required by the end of May 24th.  When the promotion started, the terms were slightly different but then updated, but I'm unsure if it said the in-store offer was only available until May 24.  From the screenshot above, I beleive that how it says that the offer is available both in-store and online and then immediately below that says to activate by the end of June 4th contradicts that,  and I would argue that the offer should be honored regardless for either type of activation.

@Anonymous 

That could be open to interpretation....maybe @J_PM  should clarify......

From May 19 - 24 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

How to Get this Offer: 

I was to ask earlier too.. the image show activate before Jun 4 but the terms said activate between May 19, 2021 and May 24, 2021....

so. which is the last day? or last day to submit email is May 24 and then the email people got would get another week or 2 after?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Yes. Home page/Get Offer/Terms & Conditions:

Offer available to new activations in-store and online. To redeem this offer in-store, activate between May 19, 2021 and May 24, 2021.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wanting : I think I've read of people submitting their email address after the fact and getting the promo. Use the same email address that you activated with.

Edit: Actually...if you activate in store during this May 2 4 then you don't need to submit an email address.

@Anonymous 

Are you sure about this? Its not how I read the instructions....

How to Get this Offer: 

@Wanting  

Submit your address at the link supplied and see if you recieve the following email within one hour after registration. If you do then you have all the proof you need to ask the moderators if after 60 days the credit is not applied.

Screenshot_20210519-085140.png

If you don't recieve it then contact the moderators and explain you met the other terms and conditions but because the offer was not posted until 9:24 am eastern on May 19th you were not informed in time of the need to register your email ahead of activation. You should be granted the 30 day credit by the moderators in time for it to be applied towards your third month payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wanting : I think I've read of people submitting their email address after the fact and getting the promo. Use the same email address that you activated with.

Edit: Actually...if you activate in store during this May 2 4 then you don't need to submit an email address.

@Wanting I afraid you wouldn't make it.  To be eligible, other than activate within the date specified, you also need to submit your email ahead of time.    😞

Wanting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated on May 19th before I see the flash sale deal😭 Am I still eligible for the deal? 

Need Help? Let's chat.