cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From May 25 to May 26, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $25+ plan (Ready-Made plans only) can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data. This will be applied as an Add-On. Plus, until May 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET we are offering a $0 SIM card when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! These offers are available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25+/mo Ready-Made plan from May 25 until May 26 2019, you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Public Mobile Kiosks
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the bonus has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely a great offer, i think since it's only a one time offer it should be available for longer than just 2 days though.

Looks like the summer deals are starting a bit early this year, lol.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SirSexyman wrote:

I went to a London Drugs Store yesterday afternoon (Sunday May 26th) to sign up with Public Mobile but was not able to do so. The salesperson was familiar with the promo and seemed to have experience signing other people up for the promo. When they tried to enter into their Public Mobile Portal? on their computer, they were not able to login after many attempts. It seemed to be an issue with the portal and not the salesperson login. Because they were not able to sign me up through no fault of their own, is there anyway that we can still self sign-up for this promo? Will Public Mobile allow a 1 day extension of the promo? I can provide details of the failed attempt to sign-up.

Not sure if they will do anything for you... however, the only ones that can listen to your request are the moderators.

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SirSexyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to a London Drugs Store yesterday afternoon (Sunday May 26th) to sign up with Public Mobile but was not able to do so. The salesperson was familiar with the promo and seemed to have experience signing other people up for the promo. When they tried to enter into their Public Mobile Portal? on their computer, they were not able to login after many attempts. It seemed to be an issue with the portal and not the salesperson login. Because they were not able to sign me up through no fault of their own, is there anyway that we can still self sign-up for this promo? Will Public Mobile allow a 1 day extension of the promo? I can provide details of the failed attempt to sign-up.

sigydee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cool thanks!

@Dunkman wrote:

@TonyT wrote:

Thank you Dunkman for your reply. My phone shows the server is PM now! Does it mean the port is completed?

@TonyT 

That is a good sign.  But, your phone should be functioning properly for the port to be completed.  If you can talk, text and use data, then your port is completed.  If not fully functional, then port might be stuck....

Including receiving calls and texts of course. Not just asking calls and sending texts.

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

Me and my wife thought the 5GB bonus data was one time bonus was added to the account every month but looking through the forums it's only one time feature and when it's used up that's it...what a disappointment and we ported in. If we knew for sure this wasnt a reoccurring feature we  would have waited till a better promo came out. Better descriptions needs to be out out ecspecially since all the authorized retailers have no clue about PM details and there is no Customer service...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Wow I am so sorry, that does sound very disappointing

Which plan did you go with?

It is worth $150 as current price of 1g addon is 30.

It doesn't expire so you roll all the unused portion over to the next month.

It would have full value fur you if you went with the plan that really satisfy your monthly data consummation and this would give you the needed extra for that odd month when you suddenly need a bit more. That way it could last you years. But i suspect you went with the plan that would be sufficient if it had 5g/month more and in that case you'll use it up by next month.

Maybe you could talk to moderators and see if you can be moved to another plan without losing that bonus so you really extract its true value, or find some other compromise.

They did however advertise it openly and correctlyScreenshot_2019-05-26-22-38-40.png

But i guess some people don't notice one- time

Think about how you would like to proceed I'm sure they would be happy to keep customers and if it is matter of moving you to more appropriate plan i think it would be doable. Just don't change the plan yourself before talking to them as they also specify it will be void with the plan change

Hope you get it sorted out

majing

Great promo. I've actived PM SIM today.

@TonyT wrote:

Thank you Dunkman for your reply. My phone shows the server is PM now! Does it mean the port is completed?

@TonyT 

That is a good sign.  But, your phone should be functioning properly for the port to be completed.  If you can talk, text and use data, then your port is completed.  If not fully functional, then port might be stuck....

TonyT

@kalppatel wrote:

hello 

i bought plan today for $25.00 and i didnot see any information on my selfserve account that i am eligible for 5 GB of Data according to flash sale for new registration on  may 25 /26 . Could you tell me that where can i find information  about 5gb data on my self serve account .

If you activated a new account today on the $25 Ready-Made plan, you are eligible.  The 5GB bonus will show up as a data add-on within 7 days.

@kalppatel wrote:

hello 

i bought plan today for $25.00 and i didnot see any information on my selfserve account that i am eligible for 5 GB of Data according to flash sale for new registration on  may 25 /26 . Could you tell me that where can i find information  about 5gb data on my self serve account .

@kalppatel  The bonus 5GB will appear in your account within the next 7 days on your account.

@kalppatel 

You should receive the 5 GB data add on within 7 days.  

Here is the link to the deal:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/5GB-bonus

kalppatel

hello 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cg1cg3 

Well... It is in black and white on the first sentence of the first post of this thread.saying "...can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data"

PM is prepaid service. There is no refund of unused days of your current billing cycle.  You should try the PM service before canceling at the end of this cycle.  You may like what PM is offering.

Cg1cg3

Me and my wife thought the 5GB bonus data was one time bonus was added to the account every month but looking through the forums it's only one time feature and when it's used up that's it...what a disappointment and we ported in. If we knew for sure this wasnt a reoccurring feature we  would have waited till a better promo came out. Better descriptions needs to be out out ecspecially since all the authorized retailers have no clue about PM details and there is no Customer service...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

@S2art wrote:

I went to walmart which closes at 11pm but the mobile department is closed until tomorrow.

I also went to the other stores and they were all closed. 

There was a 'Purchase online' button and followed the steps and ordered a SIM card. I am informed it won't be delivered for 3-7 days.

Did I just get burned for $10. because I can't activate the card before midnight tonight to get the 5GB..?

I have a voucher number, but no SIM card number...

@S2art Please feel free to send me a private message. I might be able to help you to get the promo today.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe... It does state activate in the special. You can always hit up a moderator after you activate and you don't get the deal... They are reasonable in most cases...

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@S2art wrote:

I went to walmart which closes at 11pm but the mobile department is closed until tomorrow.

There was a 'Purchase online' button and followed the steps and ordered a SIM card. I am informed it won't be delivered for 3-7 days.

Did I just get burned for $10. because I can't activate the card before midnight tonight to get the 5GB..?

I am afraid that you couldn't get the 5GB bonus. 

But the SIM is always free in Walmart if activated in store. If one employee doesn't want to, change another one, or go at other time.

S2art

@TonyT wrote:

I just transferred my phone server from Charts to PM about 5 hours ago. I can only make calls but can't receives call or voice messages? I also don't see the promotion 5G data in my account?

@TonyT 

Your port is not completed yet.  Is your Chatr account still working?  If so, continue to use Chatr for now.  It is taking a bit longer than usual.  If it was not finished porting in the next few hours, I would suggest contacting moderator to help complete port.  

The 5 GB data should be applied within 7 days.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TonyT

I just transferred my phone server from Charts to PM about 5 hours ago. I can only make calls but can't receives call or voice messages? I also don't see the promotion 5G data in my account?

@chillpills wrote:

When I went and signed up yesterday at PM, the sales person told me that it would be an add on every month. So for the $25 plan, i would get 6GB of data in total every month. I specifically asked her to clarify since the wording wasn't too clear...? She was pretty confident about it as well. And does anyone know how long it takes for the 5GB to show up on the plan?

@chillpills 

It should only be one data add on for 5 GB, not recurring monthly add on.  The outside vendors sometimes are not up to date on the specifics of the promotion.  It will take up to 7 days for bonus add on to show up in your account.  

@chillpills the salesperson is wrong the 5gb is one time only

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Winger19 wrote:

moderator team !!!   got my new sim at walmart... their system down... trying to get activated for the 5gb bonus... says invalid sim card trying to set up at home...what do i do do?

@Winger19  

Try waiting an hour plus, then try activating again after clearing your browser cache (or use incognito mode).  If it still gives you that message, then you should contact the Moderator Team by private message with this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

When you contact them, let them know that you attempted to activate before the deadline for the 5GB add-on bonus, and they should be able to honour it for you if they don't get to your support request before the deadline.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chillpills wrote:

When I went and signed up yesterday at PM, the sales person told me that it would be an add on every month. So for the $25 plan, i would get 6GB of data in total every month. I specifically asked her to clarify since the wording wasn't too clear...? She was pretty confident about it as well. And does anyone know how long it takes for the 5GB to show up on the plan?

@chillpills 

Are you talking about an actual PM kiosk with the bike charger and all?

Otherwise, you were at a cell phone store that is not PM. They were wrong. It's a one-time 5gb add-on that will stay on your account until you finish it.

The bonus will apparently take up to 7 days to appear.

Winger19

moderator team !!!   got my new sim at walmart... their system down... trying to get activated for the 5gb bonus... says invalid sim card trying to set up at home...what do i do do?

chillpills

@Macgurl wrote:

Checked at Walmart Kiosk at Queensborough. the bonus 5 GB of data is for only one month.

The store aren't always up to date on these things.  In this case, the information that was given is correct in the sense that it'a a one-time thing, although unused data can remain on the account for more than a month.  This information is provided at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/5GB-bonus and in the first message of this thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Macgurl@ddamin1981 

It's actually only just this weekend. It is being added as an add-on which means it's a bucket that can get used up over however much time it takes you to use. (or change plans, or suspend, or leave) It can stand as excess data if you were to use all of the data that all of the eligible plans have.

There's no "month" involved.

@ddamin1981 wrote:

This 5 GB data is for one time one month or every month I will get 5 GB data

It is only for one month.  But, Unused data will roll over to next month until used up or you change your plan to lower cost plan or miss payment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.