Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting August 25 to August 31 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 31, using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 31 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

79 REPLIES 79

townie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, working on it 🙂

@townie2  Yes, before midnight EST

townie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So this plan can be activated on the 31'st? Doesn't have to be before the 31st? A day can make a big difference with getting SIM, porting out, etc.

W12943
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Finally, I am able to bring my friends in with this promotions 🙂

@barndoor 

Nope....its generic it's more of a courtesy email for the promocode.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And just to clarify for those applying  ...does this: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             mean ,that the promo code is specific and your email address must be sent in to get the right promocode  rather than just plugging in 2GBBONUS ? That would mean that a customer has initiated the application so the bonus should be available whenever the sim card arrives regardless of whether the actual  activation falls within the flash sale dates ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiva777 : It's just 5 bucks. Move up to the $40 plan and you have the same thing as the $35 plan with the promo. Unless you're on a larger data plan.

tiva777

Very sad that existing customers, like my wife cannot get this 2 Gigs.  Disappointing.

Makes you feel like worm

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman : It's all very well to clarify these things which is great but can you also get them to edit the OP and subsequent repeats. Public Mobile is a marketing endeavour...make it right...wording matters.

Or perhaps easier and quicker...you add an edit line in that OP stating this clarification.

Public mobile is aware of the wording issue.  Awaiting PM's response.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman : It's all very well to clarify these things which is great but can you also get them to edit the OP and subsequent repeats. Public Mobile is a marketing endeavour...make it right...wording matters.

Or perhaps easier and quicker...you add an edit line in that OP stating this clarification.

Any change to the announcement would need to be made by Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Saw Amazon Canada has sim cards on sale for $6.95 and you can sign up for Prime membership to faster delivery.

@Bd3 wrote:

I have an existing account and entered the 2gbbonus and noticed the bonus isn’t monthly it’s slowly going down on my account. How do I get this fixed? 

@Bd3 

This promo is only for new activations.  Existing customers do not qualify unless they activate a new account with a new number.  

Also, clarified with Jade, this promotion is only for online, at home activations.  Not in-store activations.  

TheDantee

I used this code on the 23rd when I started my plan without issue the windows are to short to even order a sim and have it delivered to use the code in time should be longer promo but I was glad to see the code still working when I setup my plan.

Bd3

I have an existing account and entered the 2gbbonus and noticed the bonus isn’t monthly it’s slowly going down on my account. How do I get this fixed? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : LOL!   All! Along! Well then if they're gonna say it then they gotta honour it. Otherwise it's the ol' bait 'n' switch. Kinda illegal in these h'yar parts.

barndoor

Yeah ...I missed the bit at the end  and was thinking it was just buy a  sim card in store  but I see it now says activation in store as well .   

@computergeek541  activation is on line whether by retailer or customer so  why should it matter if they want a new customer . 

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : The wording in the OP from Jade page 1. Yeah that was a messy sentence 🙂

From the offer details, it says online activation (but doesn't says only online activation).  Under the how to acitivate section, in-store activation is mentioned.  I don't to know what advice to offer people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : The wording in the OP from Jade page 1. Yeah that was a messy sentence 🙂

barndoor

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: Nope. Update on the wording. For this specific offer thread time...it includes in-store.

@Anonymous   .. Just wondering where  you found that because I am having problems translating some  PMese into english  .   😀

hoonjan13

Yes, I did it online. But exactly how you mentioned. 

It's been 2 days. I'll check in the next few days also. 

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoonjan13 : So you activated yourself online (not in a store) with a $35 or more plan and used the 2GBBONUS promo code in that activation step during the timeframes of the promo.

It could take a few days to arrive.

Edit: Nope. Update on the wording. For this specific offer thread time...it includes in-store.

hoonjan13

Hey I did the activation with the promo code but do not see the 2gb additional data yet.

The promo code was entered at the end upon checkout.

Any ideas how to sort this out? Or am I simply just being impatient?

Yes but the dates are specific.

Yes, recent offer for this were for new activations during the following dates:

- July 9 only

- July 29 - Aug 3

- Aug 13-  16

- Aug 19 - 20

- and now Aug 25 - 31

To me this basically implies that they intended to run the sale for most of July and August but are just marketing it as a "limited time offer, get it before it's gone" promo to reel in impulsive buyers. It's not perceived as something precious and desirable if it sits on the store shelf for a couple months. Panic and grab sales push, always a great way to get people to overspend now ... until a month or three later when the bills and the buyer's regret come in.

Plus this way they aren't committed more than a few days at a time, they can change things up more and react more quickly vs whatever promos the competitors might be offering.

It's just the usual unimpressive 4GB (plus or minus half a gig) for around $40 (plus or minus five bucks). Mobile phone companies want/expect their subscribers to pay $40/month, gotta keep pushing those ARPU values up. I don't even bother to find this same old news exciting because I know potential referrals won't find this same old news exciting.

If they'd offer this promo on the $25 plan then new customers would be all over it.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

LOL ...only so you old existing customers  get at it and reel in the referrals  ... there are no dates on the main marketing offer ...never has been that I have seen . 

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Yes, recent offer for this were for new activations during the following dates:

- July 9 only

- July 29 - Aug 3

- Aug 13-  16

- Aug 19 - 20

- and now Aug 25 - 31

@barndoor 

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@J_PM 

So to be clear anyone activating between  August 21st and 24th will not be eligible for this promotion if they come a'calling or complaining....

Why not ?The main marketing page ad for that bonus was  never taken down was it ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

So to be clear anyone activating between  August 21st and 24th will not be eligible for this promotion if they come a'calling or complaining.....a good deal to join public mobile and then keep them at their rate plan. Might be nice to offer on a YMMV basis with a CSA the ability to upgrade (only) their plan in case they need more data..... more cash in the coffers is always better than less!

Need Help? Let's chat.