Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Sept 3 - 7

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 3 to September 7 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 7 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 7 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with using the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

102 REPLIES 102

So if I have this straight….

As much as we might want to “Jump Onboard with Fido” one should really just look and admire from a safe distance to avoid a nasty bite? 

The Future ISN’T onboard the Fido / GM Futureliner?

I think I’ve got it now.  Thanks @darlicious 

AE_Collector5A70C434-A138-4050-9A55-71F688A3E3CF.jpeg

@darlicious    That bad 🐕🐕 dog left you with a very nasty scar that I remember you telling us about in the past.  I don't even think your local Human Society could have helped you then. 😂

Regards, your fellow 🐈 cat person.

@Quigley 

Yes he has been looking to leave....for almost two years and hasn't left yet. Because he likes it here. Just look at @Leaving  they are in the same boat.

Plus I will always try to save anyone from the pain and expense of becoming a prisoner of the evil overlord. Bad dogs remain bad dogs.....even Cesar Milan can't retrain this bad dog.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quigley wrote:

There will be other members to convert to your ways and ideas. 😂

lol I read that sentence after See more... and triggered a response. Clicked in the thread and saw the emoji. Oh. nvm. Carry on. 🙂

@darlicious   Those are all great 👍 ideas for most of us here, but I really think that's all too much work and effort for rossputin. They've been looking to leave for sometime now. The back to school offerings was just the ticket for them. There will be other members to convert to your ways and ideas. 😂

@rossputin 

Follow this thread.....coming up to xmas I will advise when the stars align and you can activate with stacked offers from CCS and pm and activate a secondary "data" account for $35 that you can suspend when not needed and reactivate when needed and for that one payment it will easily last at least a year when used periodically. If activated at the right time you maximize your own referral reward and you get double the no effort rewards ( loyalty and autopay) and double the gifts from pm.

Edit:

Have you bought that new phone yet? If not make sure it's a dual sim phone!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/644382#M4535

@rossputin wrote:

My local Fido offering 10 GB per month for $5 more than I'm paying now.  Sad to say I'll probably move.

Unfortunate as I've acquired an affinity for PM.

<edit> @darlicious and me think alike. I just type much slower!

But as you mentioned you are currently on the $35 for 3GB plan so yes, it is only $5 more for 10GB at Fido (supposedly). But do you NEED 10GB when you are currently getting by with 3GB? PMs 5GB plan for $40 is $38 maximum so $2 less if you would never really exceed the 5GB.

I know, if you were a new customer picking between the Fido 10Gb for $40 and the PM 5GB for $38 … Fido would make more sense. But you are here already, you may have some rewards already lowering the $38 further and more will be coming lowering the cost some more. Plus I can’t help thinking that data will be added to PM plans soon.

AE_Collector

@rossputin 

You are on the $35/3gb plan because it suits your needs are you not? Do you really need 10gb of data every month? A dozen donuts is a lot cheaper per donut then 2 or 3 donuts but do you really want or need to eat a whole dozen? Well at least you can walk around the office and share your donuts with your colleagues you can't really do that with data....so what's the point?

Unless you really need all of that data it's just a marketing ploy to get you to switch and it's for the length of your contract then it will likely increase in price. You don't have the flexibility to change plans as your needs change. If we have another lockdown you're stuck paying that price while you sit at home on WiFi. Meanwhile pm customers can switch down to the $25 or $15 plans supplementing them our free gifts from pm.

You are coming up to two years of loyalty and regularly get at least $1 in community rewards so that's $5 in rewards coming of your bill. With a tiny bit more effort you can easily get a $2 community reward. Even our resident antagonist @barndoor  bumped himself up to a $5 community reward this past month!😃 Having said that at $5 in rewards the $35/3gb =$30, $40/5gb=$35 and the $50/10.5gb=$45.....$5 more than that fido $40/10gb plan.

Now we come to that $40/10gb fido plan....its postpaid so you need to pass the credit check, you sign away your credit card with pre-authorization allowing fido unfettered access to charge whatever they like to your card. If you think it's a pain in the hip to get extra charges reversed on your bill just try and get them taken off your credit card every month. That's time well spent every month....and yes it will be every month.

Did you read the small print? All those little bits and pieces that if you don't diligently adhere to the terms and conditions will start to add up to a whole lot? There's the outrageous late payment charges, 30% interest compounded daily and my favourite if you do get cut off you continue to be charged for your plan and pay $35 to be hooked back up again if they inform you. Rather their way of skirting the WCC is to "pause" your data til you pay in full plus the fee! With the 10gb plan you probably wouldn't go over your data but if you do it's $0.15/1mb that's $150/1gb charged in 100mb segments so 1mb to 100mb is $15 you know like how pm rounds up a calls to 1 minute...kinda like that.

And well customer service that's a whole post on its own....just be careful because not all calls to customer service are the same . Some of them they charge you $10. But sure $40/10gb is a pretty good deal just make sure they waive the SIM card cost and connection fee if you switch.

Oh and BTW....it took me 2 months for my $10 account to be free and 1 year for my $15 account. I have lined up 2 more referrals by the end of this month. One is new the other I have been waiting out a two year contract to switch....they will put me at a combined $38 in monthly rewards.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rossputin wrote:

@hTideGnow $35 for 3 gigs.

Hmmm ..so the competition was 10 gig for $40 ?   Take a bit of reward and referral to  match that . But I guess have to look at the speed as well as the cost  . But as I'm sure Darlicious will point out  ...there is always their customer relations reputation to be looked into as well .Unfortunately  with that ...the only way to truly assess that is give them a try  to see how they work for you . 

@hTideGnow  Yes I realize that many come here because they love to help  ... If I felt that I was helping people more than I was helping a multinational that is to cheap to provide a system and wording  that is more user friendly  I would maybe try and  help to . 😉

Yes, there are many reasonable (even good) deals if you are going with $40 on postpaid account  

rossputin

@hTideGnow $35 for 3 gigs.

@barndoor 

I am certain the percentage of free plans here at PM is very low across all customers. Would be a higher percentage if just polling those of us here on the community. But in the end, no one can say even take a guess at the number.

I have two PM plans in my household. Both are free every month. I could go on permanent vacation from the community and lose my usual $5 community reward and both plans would still be free. When there is an exceptionally good promo combined with other perks like frequently comes around in November/December I shake the bushes to see if I can add a few referrals to my accounts but not really a whole lot of work.

AE_Collector

@barndoor wrote:

@hTideGnow ,  Just curious  , what percentage of those here have a $0 monthly fee ?  And at what cost to them in time and effort ? 

edited to add ,  @rossputin , what plan you on here ?

@barndoor  not sure the number, but I definitely see couples here  Also, many benefits from $1 or $2 off just by posting couple messages and get some Bravos.  And the $2 Autopay are literally free  for doing nothing

Also, remember, we don't come here for just the Community reward, I enjoy the feeling of helping 🙂

barndoor

@hTideGnow wrote:

@rossputin wrote:

My local Fido offering 10 GB per month for $5 more than I'm paying now.  Sad to say I'll probably move.

..but Fido won't give you Community Reward or Friend's referral, there is no chance to make it $0 monthly fee like many here  🙂

@hTideGnow ,  Just curious  , what percentage of those here have a $0 monthly fee ?  And at what cost to them in time and effort ? 

edited to add ,  @rossputin , what plan you on here ?

@rossputin wrote:

..but Fido won't give you Community Reward or Friend's referral, there is no chance to make it $0 monthly fee like many here  🙂

@rossputin wrote:

Do they offer reward perks like PM? I doubt... But you know what is the best for you. If you use a lot of mobile data then you have to decide who offers 'better' deal.

rossputin

@rossputin 
PM Christmas gifts have always been one time add-ons. 

New customer promos have almost always been a limited time data bonus or plan cost discounts. Only fairly recently have new customer promos really got to be ongoing data bonus (as long as you don’t change plans in the future).

AE_Collector

rossputin

Not per month.

But I'm sure they did for Xmas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : They gave 2GB and 500 minutes of international long distance last Xmas. Not sure where you saw otherwise. And of course we can't just expect gifts.

rossputin

I did notice that last Christmas nothing was given.

Still, it feels not quite fair.

Still, overall satisfied.

PM targets promos towards new customers.  For the past holidays PM has given data and long distance add-ons for existing customers.

rossputin

I was considering changing temporarily to $40 plan for 5 gigs but realized I'd be paying $5 more than new customers so am reluctant.

Will PM be doing anything for existing customers?

Sorry if asked already.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@darlicious I'm on the $25 plan. What is CCS? I  don't have a dual SIM but I do have a crappy old backup Note 3.

Canadian Cell Supplies is an authorized Public Mobile retailer.

bluejaywpg

@darlicious I'm on the $25 plan. What is CCS? I  don't have a dual SIM but I do have a crappy old backup Note 3.

@HBee 

Did you miss the referral code box as well?  Ask the CSA's to add it for you.

Contact customer support by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type in "missed promocode box" and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon.   

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from a CSA.

Responding promptly will speed up service times however they are still combing thru the backlog of tickets so expect a wait of up to 48 hours for non urgent issues.

HBee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So if I goofed up and registered, but didn't see the promo code filed, is there a way to retroactively apply it?  I rushed to register before the September 7th deadline today, but must have missed something.  😞

@Anonymous 

And @J_PM did mention that in store activations would also get a data bonus it just wasn't as lucrative as the online data bonus.....six months vs unlimited. That's the cost of commission!😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raman12 : Did you activate in store and then ask for goodwill after the fact? If you activated online and used the promo code then it would be 2GB "unlimited".

Need Help? Let's chat.