cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Boxing week starts now!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!

Starting December 10 and extended to December 28 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off their SIM card when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 28 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 28 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus and 50% off their SIM card 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

100 REPLIES 100

grissom50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

deleted promo of 2GB in error

is there any way to obtain this ?

@sandy6327 

The 2GB bonus is for new customers only. If you want to activate a new account you can qualify for the promotion otherwise changing to the $35 plan will give you 3gb of plan data only. If you want 5gb you can schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $40/5gb plan. Depending on your rewards it will only be a couple of $$ more or maybe less than the current promotion with the flexibility to change plans without losing the promotional extra 2gb of data. Changing now would cost you a 30 day plan cycle so it is not advisable.

@sandy6327 wrote:

Hi,

Now, I want to change my plan from $25 to $35, but my next renew day is Jan 14, I want to add promotion 2GB before Dec 23, 

Should I need to wait Jan14 to change plan? or 

I change plan to $35 now and will be charged me more and I can get promotion to add 2GB. how much will be changed if I change plan today? Thanks. Sandy

@sandy6327    Unless you are planning on activating a brand new account, you will not be able to get the 2GB recurring bonus data by changing your plan from $25 to $35.  New activations only get this...sorry.

sandy6327

Hi,

Now, I want to change my plan from $25 to $35, but my next renew day is Jan 14, I want to add promotion 2GB before Dec 23, 

Should I need to wait Jan14 to change plan? or 

I change plan to $35 now and will be charged me more and I can get promotion to add 2GB. how much will be changed if I change plan today? Thanks. Sandy

I agree as well … adding to everyone makes it permanent and all providers match it. Then the promo is no longer available to lure in new customers.

Also, it is only available to $35 and higher plans right now. Calls to add it for everyone never say “for everyone on $35 or higher plans”.

And, is everyone okay with the current terms of the offer… (as far as I know.. but I may be incorrect) you can NOT change plans without losing the 2 GB promo. 

I agree that PM has not kept up with the recent improvements to larger priced, larger data, Telus and Koodo plans and I hope to see some more improvements for the $ and I am sure we will. I have been here 3 years now and came over on a 1/2 GB data (without the bonus 1/2 GB for Autopay) for $30. It is now 1 GB (with Autopay) for $25. And the $15 plan didn’t exist. So two improvements on the low end of the price scale right there. And more recently we have seen data bumps on the $35 & $50 plans The $40 plan has always been a better deal than most other plans. And the addition of $60 and $70 plans with more data than PM has ever offered before.

AE_Collector

@sunflowergarden wrote:

Could not agree anymore. Public needs to add the 2GB monthly bonus to everyone's account automatically and immediately

Unfortunately, I don't see this as feasible.  There are a small group of customers who don't want data, the ability to make phone calls, or long distance minutes.  Adding these automatically could be seen as unauthorized changes to customer accounts.  When it comes to new customers, it's openly being advertised that the new customers will receive these add-ons as a part (or a condition of) of signing up.

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@BearFBI 

Could not agree anymore. Public needs to add the 2GB monthly bonus to everyone's account automatically and immediately

Why should loyal customers get a worse deal than new customers. Scratches head, come on Public Mobile you can do better.

@gruftie   try again.  .. or try Yes instead of YES

If still fails, reboot your phone once and try one more time

Still fail?  open a ticket with PM and they can sort it out for you.  No worry , you will get it for sure.  To open ticket with PM support: 

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

gruftie

I got a message from PM about the free offer available to Dec. 31st. The text says enter YES and send to PM but the reply is:  "you entered an invalid response" Can anyone explain how to secure the free gift. I am NOT a new customer and since the message was sent to me I assume I qualify. 

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI wrote:

I think its time for another plan change at Public Mobile.. The plans should at least include the 2GB bonus for everyone. 

Smaller but not so small carriers like eastlink are getting cheaper that Public Mobile. Eastlink is offering 10GB of rollover data for 40$ and 40Gb of regular data for 50$ 

Now we're talking!!! Now if only Eastlink would come to my province, as they do not seem to cover Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & Quebec. Since the big 3 have been dragging their feet ever since I learned how to say the word "telephone".

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think its time for another plan change at Public Mobile.. The plans should at least include the 2GB bonus for everyone. 

Smaller but not so small carriers like eastlink are getting cheaper that Public Mobile. Eastlink is offering 10GB of rollover data for 40$ and 40Gb of regular data for 50$ 

@foffe1 

You have until today to recieve the text message from 4911. You can try sending YES to 4911 if you don't get a positive response then you can contact customer support to have a CSA to add them to your account for you.

foffe1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As a customer for over one year, why didn't I get a message for the free 2 GB like other people I know? Thanks.

@1Syed wrote:

I signed on December 13, 2021, for a $35.00 plan with additional bonus data but on my account, I don't see the Bonus data Please explain How I get what I signed for

Please see the first message post in this therad for details. The data will be added to your account within 2 business days.

1Syed

I signed on December 13, 2021, for a $35.00 plan with additional bonus data but on my account, I don't see the Bonus data Please explain How I get what I signed for

@AE_Collector 

Here is the previous wording for this type of promotion before Alan_K announced a coding change to "The data bonus will be lost if the rate plan is changed." After this promotion which was available Dec 1st to 4th 2019 all bonus recurring plan data has been lost if a customer changed their plan.

• 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

yackinlyn

she was offered as 35 dollars as new customer incentive I guess

@Melinda_H wrote:

@Anonymous Yes the bonus will stay on the account as long as they remain on an eligible plan.

Yes that definitely needs clarification. That has not been the wording for any of this type of Promo. We have always said that it seems illogical that someone who starts on the $35 plan with a recurring 2 GB data bonus would not be encouraged to move up to a $40 plan or higher. Doing so would cost them their recurring data bonus. This would be a very nice gesture to get it changed so that it is “Switching to a rate plan of less than $35 will permanently remove the 2 GB recurring data bonus”.

AE_Collector

bluejaywpg

@darlicious yes I have seen your posts about doing that (2 plans). The problem is that my current phone doesn't support 2 SIMs at the same time, & my backup phone is a power-hungry Note 3 that I'm lucky to get 4 hours out of if I don't use it at all. It's an otherwise intriguing idea.

I do worry that if I do something like that, I will forget about it & be paying for it even though I'm not using it. Sometimes life is so busy that I forget about things if they are too complicated or require remembering something. I remember how I used to in my younger days sometimes forget to pay bills & then get dinged with interest. Now, with internet banking, I have all my bills set up for auto payment & all I have to do is remember to leave enough money in the main bank account & pay only the credit card bill manually.

(I thought I replied earlier but I don't see any reply from me anywhere...)

bluejaywpg

@yackinlyn wrote:

koodo has $35 for 10 or 12g on black friday my friend said.  i dont think PM has the best deal lately,except the ref program

@yackinlyn I saw Koodo offer 12 or 15 GB for $50 but I don't recall seeing any such offer for $35. I was checking Black Friday offers & I found that for purely plans, they (providers other than PM) offered very little - usually a $5 per month discount & not a whole lot more. The best deals with the top tier companies involved getting a new phone (usually S21 or iPhone of some sort) for free when signing onto a premium plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yackinlyn 

you getting every 30 days 2GB Free bonus data,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50,$60, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy..

yackinlyn

koodo has $35 for 10 or 12g on black friday my friend said.  i dont think PM has the best deal lately,except the ref program

@yackinlyn wrote:

is that 2g every month or just one time only?

2GB each renewal for this promotion

yackinlyn

is that 2g every month or just one time only?

bluejaywpg

@darlicious I have seen your posts about that. Very intriguing idea. My problem is that my phone has only 1 sim card slot, plus my old backup phone is a power sucker. I'm lucky to get 4 hours out of it even if it's not being physically used.

And here I thought that I would never use a 2nd sim card slot if I had one LOL. 

Flash??

hTideGnow_0-1633635323375.png

@Melinda_H 

As in the plan they activated on? Or any plan $35+? The terms and conditions state you cannot change your rate plan.

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous Yes the bonus will stay on the account as long as they remain on an eligible plan.

@bluejaywpg 

Surely you have seen my posts on maximizing the savings by stacking promotions likely before the end of the month being the best time of year to do this....and ordering an activation bundle this weekend from CCS to ensure sim delivery within a week from now.

Then hopefully the pm stars will align and you get yourself a data account that you suspend when not needed and reactivate when needed. Having a dual sim phone is ideal but any old working phone will work as a wifi hotspot. If you factor in the $30 bonus referral credit you can get yourselfba data aaccount with minimum 2gb to 7gb of add on data a month of 10.5gb of data, at least 3 further months of service and the possibility of keeping until the 4th annual "More is Merrier" campaign (we hope?!!) rolls around.

All for about a net cost of $15.....the same price as upgrading for one month to the $40/5gb plan.

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

Do you need 5gb of data or is it just FOMO? I love a deal.....but it's not a deal if you are paying more for something you don't really need its not really a deal is it?

@darlicious so right now I'm on the plan that provides 1 GB of data (with autopay) that with some conservation of data (not watching videos, surfing the net not too freely, etc.) that 1 GB is not enough, but with data packs like the 2 GB bonus from last year & a 1 GB pack I bought over a year ago, I can live with this.

If I move up to the $35 plan, I'll have 2.5 GB data & a lot more freedom to surf at will. But I'm not sure if that would be enough for me to feel like I have complete freedom. Of course, it's only another $5 to move up to the $40 plan & have 5 GB data per 30 days, & based on past vacations in other countries, I think that would be plenty enough for me.

I could of course experiment a bit & try a higher plan for say a month & then go back down. But I would probably do that only if I was taking a vacation, like a road trip within Canada. 

So for now I've decided to stay with the lower-priced plan until I either see a deal that would likely make me upgrade, or something (in life) changes & I feel compelled to change my plan (up or down). A deal would likely lock me in for a long time since changing my plan out of a deal would mean losing the deal.

Hence why I keep saying that PM could make extra money off of me, but they don't seem interested in having more of my money by restricting these never-ending flash sales to new customers only.

Need Help? Let's chat.