cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

I'm an old pioneer/ legacy member I think I've been with public mobile for over 10 years now and how I found out was via the website, but what sucks is once u have an issue that we can't fix ourselves we stuck waiting for someone to help us in the mean  time I can't make calls. I think it'll be simpler to move over to Koodoo at least this way we have the option of talking to someone and getting our problem fixed immediately and not days or weeks later. I'm going to be honest I wanna stay with public mobile, since I was already deceived and received false advertising via a text from Koodoo saying I can keep my existing public mobile plan which was complete bs. I was even ready to buy the iPhone X ,but they still wouldn't allow me to keep my existing public mobile plan. So what do us Pioneer members get for being with public mobile all these years ?  I guess I will see how long it takes for my issue to be resolved and depending on the outcome that will be my deciding factor in if I stay with public mobile or switch to another company besides Koodoo for the deceit and false advertising, basically a blatant lie saying I could keep my existing public mobile plan.  If anyone can help me with my problem as per my thread about "can't make local calls". Thx again.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@ApatheticFloW 

I completely understand your frustration I was a long time legacy client like yourself and moved providers after years of public raising rates for us based on a call centre that is jointly operated with koodo.

Since they basically f'ed us over I suggest you move your plan to another public plan, you're basically getting ripped off now paying a much higher rate and not getting the promised call centre for that rate. You can try to file a complaint with the CCTS if you have your original plan details.

As for your issue try putting 1 in front of the number you're dialing. It's worked for me in the past.

I had calledCCTS, but I deleted the original text from Public Mobile about switching to Koodoo and keeping my existing plan so I figured since I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got deceived I figured the CCTS received many complaints just like mine.

Even if I put a 1 in front of the area code it still doesn't work. I'm sure Public Mobile is working on this issue as we speak. I'm confident it will get resolved asap otherwise can u imagine alm of us closing our accounts over this. I doubt that's what they want so this is a crucial problem many of us are facing so I'll be patient for now since I do have a home phone fortunately. Thx for ur reply none12.

wow they are paying to much, they should switch

Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I had calledCCTS, but I deleted the original text from Public Mobile about switching to Koodoo and keeping my existing plan so I figured since I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got deceived I figured the CCTS received many complaints just like mine.

Even if I put a 1 in front of the area code it still doesn't work. I'm sure Public Mobile is working on this issue as we speak. I'm confident it will get resolved asap otherwise can u imagine alm of us closing our accounts over this. I doubt that's what they want so this is a crucial problem many of us are facing so I'll be patient for now since I do have a home phone fortunately. Thx for ur reply none12.

That's the link for the bug from TVA news..https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1

Great !   Now the phones do not work and we connot complain !

Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile
[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a Legacy Customer!

Is there anyway to actually communicate with anyone who works for Public Mobile?

I have a serious problem! I do not have data and I paid my bill over 24 hrs ago! It was a little late -- my plan expired on March 17, but I didn't immediately remember.

Mayor / Maire

@DM19  a écrit :

I'm a Legacy Customer!

Is there anyway to actually communicate with anyone who works for Public Mobile?

I have a serious problem! I do not have data and I paid my bill over 24 hrs ago! It was a little late -- my plan expired on March 17, but I didn't immediately remember.

Here ask your question..you will have more help than in an old thread...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/phones_and_hardware...you can't speak with anyone..but you can write a message !Smiley Wink

@DM19 

No unfortunetaly the call center closed March 17th :/ 

Everything is to be handled by the community forums. Worst comes to worse pm a mod. Or create a new thread and members and/or mods will be happy to help you. 

Can a mod reply or help this guy.

*Edit*  Lieux beat me to it Smiley Happy  just follow the link he provided.