cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need EverSafe code sent to email

xsparky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Still can not  get my friends service working since she tried to sign up Nov 26th. Part of the reason is now she can not get into her app or login on the web as the OTP code keeps sending it to her phone that has no service. She is stuck in a loop.

Is there another way to login to the app or web so the EverSafe OTP code gets sent to her registered email?

Once that happens, we can change her esim to the PM physical sim that she has purchased, and I think her service should work.

The communication to Customer Service is prehistoric and non effective as responses are sent far and few between from there end, with different agents each time, or no responses at all. Nothing against the agents, as it is this poor system structure, and not necessarily them.

Thanks for your help....

13 REPLIES 13

G_Cristian

I can confirm this works if you follow the exact instructions and sequence.

@xsparky  Excellent we happy to hear it , and welcome to public mobile 🙂 

xsparky

Thanks to all for the responses to my issue of "No Service" for 10 days.

This did get this resolved finally, through an agent that had to enter and activate my physical sim from there end. Otherwise I was locked out of my account because the EverSafe code was not being sent to my email as well. I could NOT get into my account. And I tried multiple ways.

Once my service finally started, I got 45 EverSafe codes sent to my phone.

I'm sure the customer support agents were overwhelmed from the black friday sale, but that is no excuse to take 10 days to get activated. Horrible service from Public Mobile.

I feel this forum message system is very prehistoric, especially when you do not know when the agent is going to contact you for addition information perhaps. I ended up dealing with multiple agents. I had to resend or re explain the issue over and over. This only got resolved when I had constant and relatively quick responses from one agent. FINALLY !

There has to be a better way.....

Odd. If you're still having issues you can reach a CS Agent via this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AaronYap

Hi @Chalupa_Batman, thanks for the reply. I have clicked the resend code so many times that I've lost count lol.

This is the screen that I reach after 4 clicks, then the cycle repeats.

AaronYap_0-1701722595044.png

AaronYap

Hi @Chalupa_Batman, thanks for the reply. I have clicked the resend code so many times that I've lost count lol.

xsparky

Thanks all, I have sent a message to customer service, and we will see the outcome soon I hope.

Hi @AaronYap you have to click on the resend code a few times for it to pop up.

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

for you question, have you checked whether your friends email address is right?

AaronYap

I wish I could do this... no option appears for me. I've tried on mobile, desktop, different browsers, to no avail. Terrible onboarding experience with Public Mobile so far. I guess we'll just have to see if CS is able to do anything about it as I've submitted a ticket. On a separate note, do you know if I can cancel my subscription without resolving this login issue?

AaronYap_0-1701721031739.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @xsparky 

Make sure you're using the app to sign her up. Here is how you can get the code sent to her email.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1701720576412.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1701720576363.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@xsparky  Ask support to som card swap the number for you and then you will be able to get code sent to the new SIM card to access your account 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @xsparky 

try to click Didn't receive code and see if send email is the option there

if same, then just ask CS agent to help to update the physical sim card number for your friend, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:

Need Help? Let's chat.