cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

353 REPLIES 353

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Favourite holiday memory...extended family gatherings. *Grateful*

Aheavenfire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Miss spending it with family, also the family dinners 😊, opening presents. How I miss all that ♥️

@zfx 

No you cannot but I can give you a westcoast sunset to enjoy with your love to ring in the new year.

20200724_213711.jpg

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favorite memory would be the time when I spent my holiday with my love in Vancouver couple years ago. First time ever been there and we had such a great time! The weather was perfect and we had our first ever sunset by the sea at the west coast. Too bad we couldn't do it again this year. 

Mochimomo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to "fenfen" referral to Public Mobile, this too was the one of the best thing that happened during the holidays! I think the way this whole Community is set up is how every provider/business should be! Let's help each other out!!!

fenfen

My favorite holiday memory is finding public mobile. Saving money and discovering this awesome online community awwweeeeyeeaaaahh give me more data please !! I CAN FEEL ITT....MY BODY IS READY

@greyhairedlady7 

Welcome to public mobile and to the community. Feel free to explore, read, look for answers using the search bar, ask a question, bravo a post etc.....get to know pm, your service and all about your cell phone. Were here to help......and i sure needed help when i first got here so ask away!

greyhairedlady7

From a happy first-time cellphone owner; thankyou PM for your great rates & free gifts11

My favorite holiday memory is watching Xmas movies on TV for days on end!

jpow

Decorating the christmas tree

MDH

My favorite Christmas memory will be this year spending the holiday season with my son after not seeing him for exactly one year because of the pandemic. 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My favorite holiday memory is having dinner with my family in my hometown 

Cindybeam

My favorite Christmas Memory

in 1970 I was 6 years old living in New Brunswick , Christmas eve we took our traditional drive to my Aunt and Uncles house for supper , When we arrived it was snowing so my Dad parked out at the end of the road , at the time it seemed like a long walk to the house . We had a wonderful time playing with cousins all afternoon . After supper we packed up to leave and started to hike out to our car, The snow at this point was so deep I remember my Dad had to carry me . The car was buried under the snow we were snowed in on Christmas eve !!! My worst nightmare !! Santa would never find me !! We went back to my aunt and uncles for the night , Early Christmas Morning My dad came back to the house he had shoveled for hours and finally the car was free and we were able to head home , I don't remember much about the drive home except the feeling That Santa had missed us  . When we finally arrived home I remember going into the house and to my surprise Santa had made it !! All the gifts were under the tree and our stockings were full , That is the year I received a green easy bake oven ! After that I truly believed there was a Santa for years to come after all Mom and Dad were snowed in with us !!    Merry Christmas Everyone and may 2021 be a year of healing and hugs !!!

DeannaB

One of my favourite memories as a child was getting a doll that could walk (assisted off course).  She was almost as tall as me.  Was the fad at the time. ❤👱🏻‍♀️

HarryB

My favourite holiday memory is having a rum and eggnog with family and friends. Well considering it's only family this year 2 out of 3 isn't bad. 

RoseTech

I went to a nearby hill with friends to tobaggan. There, we found that last night's thaw and refreeze (and previous patting down by frequent tobagganing) caused a very effective ice slide to form. So slippery that all you had to do was lay down to go speeding down the hill below. It was a childhood miracle. That was the best day ever.

troy77

Thank you!

Dorae

I used to be a flight attendant, and flying from Asia to Canada, you gain a day.  The aircraft took off from Hong Kong in the afternoon of 25DEC and arrived Toronto early evening of 25DEC!! So I celebrated TWO Christmas Days that year.😍😍😍

d_estrela

My favorite Christmas memory is going to my grandma's house and the whole family got together for dinner and opening presents.  

Sydthekid

My favourite Christmas memory was my Dad going outside making a whole bunch noise and holding a red flashlight pretending it was Santa and Rudolph outside the house.

coryko

Happy holidays everyone! 

My most memorable memory was spending our first Christmas evening and morning with our two young children.

dcolb566

My favorite Christmas tradition was reading twas the night before Christmas to the children before bed. The story was read for every Christmas and now my children read it to their children. Totally loved this tradition and so glad it was passed down to the grandkids.

pooh12

My favorite Christmas memory happened when I was 5 years old.

My father was a horse trainer and we had an old-fashioned sleigh which he proudly

displayed on the front lawn each Christmas. The kind of sleigh that you see in movies;

white with high scalloped sides and leather seats.

He brought a pony home from the racetrack this particular Christmas Eve, harnessed him

to the sleigh and took all the kids, (and some parents) in our neighborhood for a sleigh

ride on the snowy streets in Etobicoke.

Magic!

ELWY

visit to Granny's Christmas morning after Church to see all the Aunties& Uncles and cousins!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Every year that you can spend time with family and not having to work... Yeah for holidays

Those white Christmas like this year are very special and seem rare in Toronto but most fond for me are those Christmas' spent down south on a beach. Christmas lights and spirit are around but not the cold just the beach and waves

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Going home after being away for 23 yrs. and seeing all that has changed. Makes time the most precious commodity to me.

ca-prasad

Last Christmas, when the entire family could get together.

Errornumber1

My favorite holiday memory is building huge snow mazes on our front lawn and playing tag in them with brothers and sisters even when it was dark outside.

dianawoon

Cool, thank you for the giveaway

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First time going to Vancouver during Christmas time

@jib_tech 

Lol....ok its not funny but **poof** the magic dragon disappearing bug got you on your second post? Looking at it I can only surmise it was length and no defined space between paragraphs. Thats what seemed to get me most often before I changed from the "wall of text" posts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.