cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Holiday Contest

Well I may not have a favourite but I think this year will be a most memorable... that is, a memory of the "holidays" (Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas) that were not!

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My favourite holiday memory would be building the classic snow forts.

Montrealpost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As retirees, our Christmas is always simple.  X'mas presents (free data+minutes) from Public were great in 2019, glad to see similar presents in 2020.  Hope this will continue and becomes our best memory of Christmas!

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This year will certainly be the most memorable one...cos this one is a real Grinch stolen Christmas 🙂

The good part to this is that .. this is a year we  all will be staying home and celebrate with our own family.   🙂

#StayHomeStaySafe

efficiencynerd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favourite holiday memory is sledding out behind my cousin's house one year on New Years Eve, with all of my cousins - and in -20C weather! We would only make a few runs at a time, then go inside by the heater to warm up for a bit before heading back out for more.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Several good posts here already! Yes I too recall some pretty good snow forts and igloos out in the front yard and lots of outdoor playing with the neighbour friends when growing up.

Best part of Christmas for me is never the gifts to me (I always specifically ask for nothing but never happens) but is the getting together with family and friends. This Christmas is going to be like no other but I think we will be fine. Just my wife and myself, not the 16-24 people who usually are here for Christmas dinner. That part is almost a relief this year! We are also skipping the turkey. I requested English “Sausage, Eggs, Beans & Chips” (sort of my modification to English Pub Food) but I think that got nixed.

Thanks heavens for the iPads and phones as we will be FaceTiming this year though I am already wondering if the network is going to crash with everyone else is likely doing the same. Might be like the big Blackout power failures but for internet!

Have a great Christmas everyone, make the most of it, take advantage of the opportunity to do something completely different and look forward to making up for this year...NEXT YEAR!

AE_Collector 

mariellepoirier

it was the year my boy's got to enjoy santa in our home. the santa was going door to door visiting neighboring children. when he came to our door on his sleigh it was the best moment  a mother can share with her children.

mitchnet12

My fondest Christmas memory was in 1999 when my family went to Disney World, Florida!

whyveeare

Christmas in Palm Springs last year.  Sunny and warm 😊

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Thank you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.