Did you mean: 

Changes to promotional plans taking place May 10th

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective May 10, 2019, the following promotional plans have expired:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, we have some great offers below taking their place, available starting today. These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$25 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Limited Time Offer)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will these plans be in market?

These offers are subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have set up a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am currently on one of the expired plans. Will my data limit or plan price automatically update based on these changes?

No, the data limit nor the plan price will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to any of the new plans, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

68 REPLIES 68

ruif71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I still get my $10.00 for 6 months credit for referring a friend if I switch to the $25.00 plan?

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've got to spread the word, these plans are too good to miss out on

win2018

These two plans are best affordable plans I found in Canada.

ruif71

Great new plans.

ashiskhadka51

Thanks for bringing the old plans back. Love it😉

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Pwr123 wrote:

If we are on the 30 dollar plan, do we have to change? I get the 10 dollar credit and don’t want to lose it

@computergeek541  is right how long the $25 plan will be available for is not known.   You can opt to future date to this plan now if you like, that way you'll still get it even if the promotion is removed before your renewal.  I guess it depends how many more months of $10 credits you have left.

@Pwr123 wrote:

If we are on the 30 dollar plan, do we have to change? I get the 10 dollar credit and don’t want to lose it

You can keep the plan as it is for now if you chooae.  The $10 off credit has a minimum $30 price plan requirement.  There is no guarantee that this $25 plan will be available later.

Pwr123

TheGx

@Shutdown wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

@FAUJ2 wrote:

People can thank Lucky Mobile/Bell for holding their ground and influencing the return of these plans on PM.  Lucky Mobile Promos are not as 'erratic.'

Either way, good on PM for bringing these plans back. Albeit being "limited times offers"

You're right that Lucky deserves thanks for putting pressure on Public to do better than them again, but don't forget that Public was the best value well before Lucky ever was, and so we should all keep thanking Public for being the best value before which caused other companies like Lucky to drop their prices too, and then thank Public again for being the best value again after other companies like Lucky began to copy Public Mobile.

PM only offered those great plans in response to freedom mobile expansions. That's why you never saw these great offers until wind got bought by shaw.

And I still don't see better offers from wind/freedom either or any other company, so Public still has best value for me.

Asima

Thanks for bringing great offers, by any chance is there any weekend flash offer coming in the near future?

ipkonfig

@BEER wrote:
How did you manage to add this clip?

There is an option to insert photos to the posts. Upon clicking that option, you will get to either upload an image from your computer or from an URL. 

Taz12004

is this a continual issue as just switched from the 40$ 5GB plan and at end of the plan date i set it to switch. does anyone else find this issue happens with others as well with these plans

Taz12004

i clicked on reply at the bottom of the original post

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
How did you manage to add this clip?

@Taz12004  a écrit :

i chose the $25 1GB plan as it is such a great offer and is exactly what i needed. now if it expires are you able to keep your limited time plan until you go ahead and change your plan in the future or does it expire when the promotion ends and you have to pick a new plan?

You will keep this plan until you decide to change or you missed a payment even if it doesn't appear in the available plans in the future.

Taz12004

i chose the $25 1GB plan as it is such a great offer and is exactly what i needed. now if it expires are you able to keep your limited time plan until you go ahead and change your plan in the future or does it expire when the promotion ends and you have to pick a new plan?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Glad to see these are back

Image result for Eagerly awaiting next announcement gif

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

It's good to get these plans back. We didn't like $35 and $40 plans with 1.5GB and 2.5GB.  If customers stopped signing up, that means people weren't going to accept those prices and would rather just stay at their old carriers.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheGx wrote:

@FAUJ2 wrote:

People can thank Lucky Mobile/Bell for holding their ground and influencing the return of these plans on PM.  Lucky Mobile Promos are not as 'erratic.'

Either way, good on PM for bringing these plans back. Albeit being "limited times offers"

You're right that Lucky deserves thanks for putting pressure on Public to do better than them again, but don't forget that Public was the best value well before Lucky ever was, and so we should all keep thanking Public for being the best value before which caused other companies like Lucky to drop their prices too, and then thank Public again for being the best value again after other companies like Lucky began to copy Public Mobile.

PM only offered those great plans in response to freedom mobile expansions. That's why you never saw these great offers until wind got bought by shaw.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Good to have some promotion back.  there is thread about missing the pass promotion.  Smiley Happy

Dunkgirl

Thanks for bringing back the $25 plan

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@TheGx wrote:

@FAUJ2 wrote:

Well... in the end, more competitions between all BIG 3 is better for the customers right? Now only if we can buy the PM sim card for something like $4 at Dollarama *cough*Lucky Mobile*cough*, that will be even sweeter!! 

TheGx

@FAUJ2 wrote:

TheGx

@zork1984 wrote:

thanks for bringing it back - now i can actually refer the $25 plan to people!  (patiently waiting for the referralevent Smiley Happy )

**bleep** right! It was hard refering people when Public didn't have the best value, but now that Public is the best value in Canada again, we all gotta do everything we can to refer everyone we know to help support the best value companies like Public and the best value plans too!

Also, **bleep** right about hoping the referal rewards go back up to $25 each or more too!  That'll make it even easier to refer more people too!

FAUJ2

People can thank Lucky Mobile/Bell for holding their ground and influencing the return of these plans on PM.  Currently, Lucky Mobile Promos are not as 'erratic'.

Either way, good on PM for bringing these plans back. Albeit being "limited timed offers"

@geopublic wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Great plans @Alan_K. love to see them back!

How about a $27 for an extra 500 MB on that $25 plan? 

I know I'm dreaming...

What you are really asking for is a $30 for 1.5GB plan which is like paying $5 more for 500 MB from the $25/1GB plan.  That is a lot of money for 500MB.  Lets use round numbers and go for $30/2GB.  The dog brand gives me 3GB full speed LTE data for $15.  That is my benchmark for assessing value. 

Heart $30/2GB Winner!!!!! Heart

Baby steps... we've crawled to get here, let's walk before we run!

Time for PM to take the lead again. Smiley Happy

Hmmm, i have a friend who got two plans with fido couple of years ago, both are 30 for 3gigs and he's now off the hook for the phones. if pm does offer something similar for 30 i could probably get him to switch, i know his wife is not too happy with her reception. I doub they would go for 1.5 or even 2, maybe 2+0.5 autopay.  I'll definitely leave my radar on

zork1984

thanks for bringing it back - now i can actually refer the $25 plan to people!  (patiently waiting for the referralevent Smiley Happy )

TheOldVR

Oops... this answers my question to a different post on the same topic :P.

The plans are good, but really just competitive with in-market options right now.

So yay?

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I'm dreaming...

What you are really asking for is a $30 for 1.5GB plan which is like paying $5 more for 500 MB from the $25/1GB plan.  That is a lot of money for 500MB.  Lets use round numbers and go for $30/2GB.  The dog brand gives me 3GB full speed LTE data for $15.  That is my benchmark for assessing value. 

Time for PM to take the lead again. Smiley Happy

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I'm dreaming...

Need Help? Let's chat.