Did you mean: 

Changes to promotional plans taking place May 10th

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective May 10, 2019, the following promotional plans have expired:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, we have some great offers below taking their place, available starting today. These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$25 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Limited Time Offer)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will these plans be in market?

These offers are subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have set up a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am currently on one of the expired plans. Will my data limit or plan price automatically update based on these changes?

No, the data limit nor the plan price will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to any of the new plans, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

68 REPLIES 68

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Great plans @Alan_K. love to see them back!

How about a $27 for an extra 500 MB on that $25 plan? 

I know I'm dreaming...

What you are really asking for is a $30 for 1.5GB plan which is like paying $5 more for 500 MB from the $25/1GB plan.  That is a lot of money for 500MB.  Lets use round numbers and go for $30/2GB.  The dog brand gives me 3GB full speed LTE data for $15.  That is my benchmark for assessing value. 

Heart $30/2GB Winner!!!!! Heart

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's more like it.  Thanks for bringing this back.

But TBH, these plans should not have been removed to begin with, as a "competitive response."  Here we are, back to where we were. Let's stop playing follow-the-leader, PM.

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I'm dreaming...

What you are really asking for is a $30 for 1.5GB plan which is like paying $5 more for 500 MB from the $25/1GB plan.  That is a lot of money for 500MB.  Lets use round numbers and go for $30/2GB.  The dog brand gives me 3GB full speed LTE data for $15.  That is my benchmark for assessing value. 

popping

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I'm dreaming...

If you don't ask, you will never get that plan.  What if @Alan_K  says yes...

It is like buying a lottery ticket.  I am sure that you will not win without a ticket.

I know I'm dreaming...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These plans should remain as everyday low price deals and not time limited offers. 

popping

Thank you for bringing back the old popular plans.

specialK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for bringing back the old plans! Smiley Happy These are definitely more competitive with the competition.

Need Help? Let's chat.