cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Phone Grades

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 

"If it's a Telus device, they'll allow VoLTE. The only reason for not allowing compatible devices on VoLTE from elsewhere is because of Telus policy."

Wow. I didnt know that. What about Samsung Phones ? They have carrier pre-configured software that it switches to depending on the SIM first inserted in the device. So if I use a Galaxy S10 bought unlocked and used with a telus SIM with Telus firmware installed. Your telling me that its not even gonna work with VoLTE ? that's pretty strange why that's a policy. 

@BearFBI  @softech 

This wouldn't make a difference. If the phone wasn't sold as a Telus/Koodo carrier device, the IMEI of it won't be in the Telus database. This would mean no VoLTE.

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

This wouldn't make a difference. If the phone wasn't sold as a Telus/Koodo carrier device, the IMEI of it won't be in the Telus database. This would mean no VoLTE.

I wonder if this is an industry-wide practice in Canada or just Telus' .  

It will be an issue if they start phasing out 3G and going all in with VoLTE like some US providers now...

BearFBI

@computergeek541 hmm. Weird. Ive heard of many users using non telus bought phones with Telus and still having the VoLTE feature. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 hmm. Weird. Ive heard of many users using non telus bought phones with Telus and still having the VoLTE feature. 

I'm searching around the internet, and there are numerous instances of customer being told by customer support that non-Telus devices won't work.  I'm also reading about others say that they did get it to work, but someone needing do something on Telus's end to enable it properly.   Some are even pointing to a Telus help article that they say said that only Telus devices would work, but when I look at that site now, it says that most devices sold in Canada now would work. I do wonder if that help page was updated in the last couple of years. Perhaps @srlawren can  share his experience with this at Koodo?

edit: talk to others, the ability to use VoLTE on non-Telus device does sometimes work, but it's not universal.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

I think we need some volte before none of these phones work on your network

sunflowershine

Nice!

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is great - especially for those without a good phone to get to experience the benefits of Public Mobile! Nice to see that there is also a one-year warranty.
XionBunny
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I always love more options for device purchase, will definitely keep an eye on the selection here.

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bravo 

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

😅Whats Volte ?

Need Help? Let's chat.