cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LovesToPM Yes they do a great job keeping their customers happy and rock bottom prices! glad to be a part of it. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Just sharing some good news.

Got friend to sign up for this promo during last week of December 2020.

The offer on PM website said he has until January 15th 2021 to activate.

He just activated his plan today (January 7 2021). Surprisingly during the activation, he was also able to grab the free 2GB data add-on and the 500 calling minutes.

So in addition to the $10 referral credit, the 5 GB data add-on and second month free, he was able to get the holiday gifts. Good job PM!

@MK5 wrote:

Does this promo apply to customers who activated on December 30?

If you met all conditions, this offer was available to new customer until yesterday, January 5.

MK5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does this promo apply to customers who activated on December 30?

@Dunkman  haha typical of PM cutting corners lol.

PM did not even bother to change the link for sign up with email address:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

Just changed the title of the promotion.  

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes. Odd they didn’t just extend it again but maybe creating a new identical promo with the new “activate by” date lessens confusion which is a good thing around here.

I think that the new promotion adds more confusion when it comes to eligibility.

Yes. Odd they didn’t just extend it again but maybe creating a new identical promo with the new “activate by” date lessens confusion which is a good thing around here.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 @AE_Collector @darlicious 

I guess the new Promotion Catherine/PM just released. Explains why this one expired 😝

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Year-Savings-Get-your-second-month-...

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What a solid deal, tough to beat

Greyz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would not worry about if you got the e-mail message. As long as you filled out the form, that's what counts. I'm awaiting an answer from Catherine_T about if activations until January 15th will still be eligible (as this thread was updated to say that this offer is now expired), but obviously, no one can work 24 hours per day. 

Thanks, I hope that is the case!

Please update us here when you find out if we still have until Jan 15th for this promo (for those of us that already applied when it was still valid).

@Greyz wrote:

My mom and I wanted to move to Public so we both entered out email addresses in the form for this promotion last week (when it was still available).

I got an email confirmation for the promo, but my mom did not (it's not in her junk folder either).  Does that mean if she signs up (before 15 Jan) she will not get the promo?  Does the email confirmation not get sent to everyone that applied for the promo?

I would not worry about if you got the e-mail message. As long as you filled out the form, that's what counts. I'm awaiting an answer from Catherine_T about if activations until January 15th will still be eligible (as this thread was updated to say that this offer is now expired), but obviously, no one can work 24 hours per day. 

Greyz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mom and I wanted to move to Public so we both entered out email addresses in the form for this promotion last week (when it was still available).

I got an email confirmation for the promo, but my mom did not (it's not in her junk folder either).  Does that mean if she signs up (before 15 Jan) she will not get the promo?  Does the email confirmation not get sent to everyone that applied for the promo?

I fully expected it to disappear yesterday just like previous Christmas season promotions. There is never a “last call” announcement, the offer just vanishes. I expected the “activate plan by” date to remain as the date always indicated... January 15.  Just like the other flash sales, the email registration ends and then there is 10-14 days more after to get the new account activated.

AE_Collector

@Jb456 

I believe the words " this limited time offer" would answer your question. Only the email sign up period has expired....... the time to activate is still valid.

@computergeek541 @darlicious @AE_Collector @@

It was working yesterday. I put a fake email in to get the message screen to add to a post.

Screenshot_20201231_195131.jpg

Wonder why all of a sudden it expired. Hopefully it's just an error on PMs part.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  

Correctly predicted.....how long do you think its been expired for?

The first message of this thread was last updated today at 3:10pm EST.

@Catherine_T 

For this promotion, the Boxing Week site on the Public Mobile website stated that customers had until January 15, 2021 to activate the new account. Is this still the case?  And if so, does that still apply to online and retail activations, or only online activations?

I just noticed it this morning but as we have discussed before, it isn't obvious to many when an “Expired” is just added to the first post because few go back and reread the old post.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  

Correctly predicted.....how long do you think its been expired for?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

I see a new addition in RED to the first post in this topic as of today January 5, 2021. So this offer is officially DONE. And it has been unpinned from the announcement area to float off into history in cyberspace.

I will add though that IF you have already registered your email address for this Promo you have until January 15 to activate the new account and you will still receive the credit for the second month on any plan and the 5 Gb data bonus which is only offered on plans above the $15 basic plan.

AE_Collector

@srhstphns wrote:

I just signed up for this deal but it's not reflected in my account info (at least the 5GB of data isn't). I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to a T, but I don't appear to have the data. Hoping someone can help!

The bonuses will appear within 30 days from the time of activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srhstphns wrote:

I just signed up for this deal but it's not reflected in my account info (at least the 5GB of data isn't). I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to a T, but I don't appear to have the data. Hoping someone can help!

@srhstphns : The same "T" said that the credit and data will appear before your next renewal.

srhstphns

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you submit your email and receive a confirmation ?

1. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

J1T1

I do not see my free 5GB of data on my plan. I purchased the $35 plan which does qualify but the free 5GB does not appear on my account. I understand the free month is not until next month so hoping this will work. 

Thanks

@fordnj01  when you enter your email on the promo link. Next page should say you're eligible. That's all you need to do for first part. 2nd part is to activate a sim with same email and pick a eligble plan.

fordnj01

Perfect, thanks for the help! Was confused not to get a confirmation email.

@fordnj01  if you follow all the steps on page one very 1st post and sign up on an eligible plan. The credit for 2nd 30 days free and 5gig add-on will be applied to your account within 30 days of activation.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. That will be applied to your account within 72 hours of activation.

fordnj01

I entered all the fields in for this promo but never received a confirmation email. Will the deal just be active when I activate my new PM sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.