cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select pla

This is an excellent deal for the minimalist user.  With the ongoing bonus minutes and data, this will provided a good data cushion that could easily last a year.  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select pla

I put in my email for last week's offer, but didn't activate yet. If I put in the same email for this offer, will I get the extra data bonus too, or will I only get the 2nd month free from last week?

Also, upgrading or downgrading plans, will I lose that data bonus?

Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T Great deal for new customers! Thanks PM and way to go!😊

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Way to go, Public Mobile.  Loving the sweetened offers.

Some have asked what happens if they just registered for the most recent promo by end of day yesterday.

That's a great question - and one I've asked the Mod's before.

They replied that if you enter the SAME e-mail address for a later promo, if you activate during the time the first promo is still in effect, that it would default to the first promo registered for.

It seems like there are, therefore, 2 options:

1. register a different e-mail address for the subsequent promo, and activate using that e-mail address, or
  2. register the same e-mail address for the subsequent promo (and this is important) wait until the eligibility activation period ends for the first promo before activating on the second promo.

I know, it's confusing.  Other than the options above, I could imagine your only option otherwise would be to seek Moderator assistance after the fact and plead your case which promo you wish to apply for the activation.

Mayor / Maire

@pmpublic 

Add-on perks like the holiday gifts are never lost no matter what plan changes you make.

Perks like the 5Gb add-on for new accounts of $25 or higher can be lost by changing plans. I didn't study the offer closely but don’t believe that I noticed a specific clause stating plan changes will forfeit the remainder of the add-on but that has been stated in some prior offers.

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

I dont understand how these overlapping ever changing promos work with regard to registering your email address. IS the registration of an email address logged against the specific promotion? Thus if you register your email address for the Dec 11-14 promo but before you get activated a better offer such as the Dec 18-21 promo has come and now the Dec 22 offer is better still. What offer would you receive? 

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

@esjliv Try this link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

Hi @Triguy thanks - Yes, I did see that path as well.  🙂

Just thought it would be a good thing for @Catherine_T / PM to correct for those who chose to click on the provided link.

Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T 

Wow now that's an update! The only thing missing from last years black friday promotion is the free sim card but for anyone who purchased  one from CCS they are practically free! Great job on upping the ante.....now if you snuck in a bonus referral credit for the referrer we would be right back to this time last year minus the pandemic of course. Theres always surprise gifts from Santa to open on Christmas morning......Ho, Ho, Ho!

@AE_Collector @HALIMACS 

I agree some clarification on registering or re-registering email addresses would be good unless the latest promo trumps ( not that trump!) all other promos and a registered email address just needs to be used to activate regardless of when it was registered. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @darlicious & @AE_Collector 

Based on the feedback I've received from Mods in recent weeks, they apply the first promo applied for when the same e-mail address is registered on concurrent promos.

That seems odd to me - since if someone decides to register the same e-mail address for a subsequent promo, it would seem to me the intent in doing so would be to benefit from the subsequent promo  (as opposed to a prior one...)

It certainly would be very good for PM to clarify this for prospective members who may be registering the same e-mail address for promos which are running concurrent to each other.

Anyone else have any insight on what happens in this case?

Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Before we had email registraions for promotions an updated promotion would take prevalance over the previous promotion by the date activated. Anyone activating yesterday would get a second month credit. Anyone activating today ( $25+) would recieve a free month credit and the 5gb data add on. If tomorrow pm added a free sim card then only those who activated then would get the sim card as well.

The most important part of this would be to re-register your email for the current promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.