cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

jefferybarbara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Community, 

I registered for this promotion, the 2nd month has been applied to my account but not the extra 5gb. When will this be added to my account? Thanks! 

satwikkhanna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, if you meet all the terms and conditions, it would definitely be credited in time I believe.

PB52

Hello , more the merrier freebies? 

PB52

Hi thx for getting back to me , I activated on the 15th Dec , hoped to be part of the boxing special. 5Gig 

satwikkhanna

Ohh great. 

Now even I received the credits for my offer - it was on the 19th day or so - thanks!

ivanR

I got my data offer within 2 weeks of signing up.

hang_on

hi, i have a confirmation from a moderator that you will received your gift on the second month (30 days), so we all have the same information.

enjoy!

@sshah4 wrote:

I haven't received 5 GB free data yet.

My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do apsp.

Thanks

Shweta

@sshah4 You should edit your post (3 dots top right of your message) and remove your email, there is no need for it here.

When did you activate. The terms of the promotion said you would receive both the data and free month within 30 days.

Edit by Dunkman:  removed personal info

@sshah4 

Again please edit your personal info it can be used to gain access to your account.

@computergeek541 

As before please and thank you.

sshah4

I haven't received 5 GB free data yet.

Please do apsp.

Thanks

Shweta

satwikkhanna

Sure, thanks! 🙂

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m sure it’ll come in. Not to worry

Tulahb

I'm still waiting for my credit too but they did say 30 days so fingers crossed! 🤞

satwikkhanna

Yes, saw...thanks

@satwikkhanna  If you click page 1 and read the very first post. It provides all the information you're asking.

satwikkhanna

Understood - so it means that I might need to wait for the next 2 weeks or so

Is there any other condition or terms that it would not be credited? Like any min. bill plan or anything else as such?

@satwikkhanna wrote:

Hey, I had my email signed up for the Boxing week offer and it was eligible but it has been over 2 weeks or so but I haven't received the credits for the 2nd month being free - how can I check for the same?

The credit comes within 30 days.

satwikkhanna

Hey, I had my email signed up for the Boxing week offer and it was eligible but it has been over 2 weeks or so but I haven't received the credits for the 2nd month being free - how can I check for the same?

Tulahb

Thank you. So good!

Tulahb

Sweet! Thanks!

Ols

It lasts till used up : )

@Tulahb wrote:

Does the bonus 5GB data expire at the end of the month it is credited or does it last until it is all used up?

You can keep using it until it's all consumed. It isn't taken away at renewal time.

@Tulahb wrote:

Does the bonus 5GB data expire at the end of the month it is credited or does it last until it is all used up?

@Tulahb It lasts until you use it all.

Tulahb

@Rosguru 

This is a typical condition written into the terms of a promotion. It was also announced to have been coded into the promotions after December 4th 2019. It is however very  YMMV with some customers when wanting to upgrade their plan have asked a moderator if they can keep the bonus and they have on the other end a few daring folk have ( usually with the bonus almost gone) downgraded and discovered that they have kept bonus. 

Obviously its better for the bottom line for pm to keep you at a higher rate plan for longer but if you feel lucky......you can always take the plunge and test the waters for everyone else?!!

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for clarifying.  It would be nice if a change in rate plan did not affect the 5gb one time offering.  These days when a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet and they may drop to $15 plan, it would be a nice gesture by Public Mobile to let them keep it.  What has been given should not be taken away.  

A lot of people do not read the fine lines.  We are all human.  And with other companies offering attractive Plans to new customers at this time, Public Mobile would be smart to revise this.  I am using this media to ask Public Mobile to allow people who sign in for this New Year's 2021 promo or the Boxing Week 2020 Promo to allow people to keep the 5GB    as an add on until it is used.  

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector amazing response haha

@AE_Collector  🤣🤣 

@Mauri 

Many on here have ESP and have answered your question EVEN before you asked it!

Even @Jb456 has carpal tunnel syndrome now from typing, cutting and pasting the answer here so many times!

AE_Collector

Mauri

Hi I have register but have not received the 5G promo what can I do 

Need Help? Let's chat.