Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG RESOLVED]: Incoming texts not received upon return from US

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Some exciting news! We wanted to let you know that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix for a known bug that has been affecting customers who have purchased a US Roaming Add-on where, upon the Add-On expiring, incoming texts would not be received for up to 24 hours. 

Our team has successfully identified, implemented, and tested a solution, which was deployed on January 27th. Customers who have purchased a US Roaming Add-On since then should experience no issues receiving text messages once they return to Canada. 

We want to thank everyone who flagged this issue to us and for your patience as we worked towards a solution. We are continually focused on improving the reliability of our systems as well as your experience. 

- The Public Mobile Team Smiley Happy

65 REPLIES 65

@z10user4 

Uh...yeah. How many "I just subscribed this afternoon and can't see the promotional credit (or referal credit) in my account yet" questions get asked here per week!

AE_Collector

I don't think anyone (even Public) would argue that this fix shouldn't have come much sooner. It's good to hear though that this bug has finally been fixed. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

that,s really great news great start for 2020 !!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Tiana_V, So glad to hear that a fix has been implemented it has a been a LOOOOONG 3 years waiting for this!!

@ShawnC13 I guess that old adage still holds up:  "Better [3 years] late than never!"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

One small fix at a time and eventually it'll finally all be fixed and we'll all be out of a job!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One down 100 more to go.

marimacas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow, this is a great news. Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

One small fix at a time and eventually it'll finally all be fixed and we'll all be out of a job!

@darlicious I would welcome that day!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

But as we all know, every time someone works on programming two more bugs are created!

AE_Collector

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good news - this was a long time coming.  I never personally experienced this bug but many did.