cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [BUG RESOLVED]: Incoming texts not received upon return from US

@AE_Collector wrote:

But as we all know, every time someone works on programming two more bugs are created!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector those of us in this line of work call this "job security" Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is wonderful news.  I'm sure it will make many happy as the issue was frustrating for many lately.  Great job resolving the issue.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is great! Thank you, PM! Keep improving and being the best phone providerSmiley Happy

Highlighted
BDW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Public Mobile. Great work!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@LovesToPM Thanks for posting those links! It seems I missed the contest deadline by two hours 😹 (mental note, check the Public Mobile community more often.)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@PsyJade  You can make that your new years resolution!

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is the bug about waiting 24hrs before you can renew a US roaming add-on still there or has that been addressed as well?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 

I would assume they are the same glitch or at least related to each other.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Is the bug about waiting 24hrs before you can renew a US roaming add-on still there or has that been addressed as well?

@smp99 this is a good question.  I don't believe that issue was mentioned in the announcement, so I would assume it is not resolved.  What is resovled is that after your US Texting Roaming add-on expires at the end of the 10th (technically, 9.xth) day, there was a period of time of up to about 12-24 hours where you would not receive any incoming SMS messages.  The sender would not know anything went wrong, you would not know anything went wrong (unless the sender followed up with you later asking why you never replied to something you never received), and any incoming SMS during that timeframe would be lost forever (rather than just delayed until the end of that 12-24hours).  MMS was not affected.

This was a particuarly annoying bug that should have been squished much closer to the Nov 2016 launch of US Roaming add-ons, but at least it is finally dead.  (Apparently Robot LOL )

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

The bug was about incoming texts after expiry. From my and another customers observations, that does seem to be fixed.

The re-buying is still unknown. That other customer didn't see the same item for an hour and went ahead and asked the mods to re-add it.

It also looks like they made it 10 - 24 hour periods.

We await further evidence of the re-buy.