cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ham_ahma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 17, 2021

I'm also interested to know how it went. Please share your experience with others!!

softech
Mayor / Maire

@ham_ahma wrote:

I'm also interested to know how it went. Please share your experience with others!!

haha.. likely another round of 911 Calls.. People are scared with these alerts and need to cry for help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Did I miss something? I thought I mixed up my days but there was no Alert sent out either on cell phones or on TV? The lack of comment today leads me to believe no one else recieved it?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious I had received it yesterday right on time at 155pm EST. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : News. 3 accounts here and 1 Telus did not.

0PX9O4
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

Did I miss something? I thought I mixed up my days but there was no Alert sent out either on cell phones or on TV? The lack of comment today leads me to believe no one else recieved it?

It's possible the test was cancelled in BC since a province-wide emergency declaration was in effect at noon Pacific time yesterday, almost 2 hours before the scheduled test at 1:55PM PST.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

No one I know recieved it but given the state of our province right now I can see why they cancelled it. Still for a nationwide test it doesn't bode well for this alert.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : I question a province-wide state of emergency. Southwest sure. Oh well. I'm not in charge.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

When you have serious damage to supply lines a province wide state of emergency is necessary to not only prevent hoarding and price gouging but opens up the ability to recieve federal relief from everything from cash to the armed forces.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : A state of emergency does nothing for the selfish idiot hoarders. Unbelievable. Supply lines can be through Osoyoos or AB. The rest is only needed for those washouts and a new friggin dike (I spelt it wrong) for that US river south of Abbotsford.

Need Help? Let's chat.