cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*This offer is online-only.

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Take advantage of this awesome deal which can also be stacked with our Refer a Friend offer!

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

146 REPLIES 146

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@CalgaryBen it would be interesting to know what happens next month.

I believe there is a list of promoed accounts, the system checks that list to accounts to see if it qualifies and gives the promo.    There might be a delay between when the system checks and when the promo is applied.

This is conjecture on my part.  So who knows. Enjoy while you can. 🙂 

To close the loop, it seems the loophole has been closed.  Gave it a few extra days in case the schedule changed, but no more $10 credits on this particular line.  But no complaints whatsoever from me!

I think your theory was bang on and makes total sense.  Maybe not the most effective/efficient way to do things, but then PM does seem to do things in odd (read: antiquated) ways in the backend...

EDIT: I posted a day too early!  03/12, I get a text about the $10 credit, and confirmed $10 added to my account!  Quite late by comparison since the last 2 were on 01/03 and 02/03.  So, not sure what to say!  I'm loving it, but also feel a bit guilty for taking advantage of PM. At least I do have a couple other PM lines that I pay for that bring in a higher ARPU, but I'm still around $7/month/line after all the rewards/promos...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalgaryBen it would be interesting to know what happens next month.

I believe there is a list of promoed accounts, the system checks that list to accounts to see if it qualifies and gives the promo.    There might be a delay between when the system checks and when the promo is applied.

This is conjecture on my part.  So who knows. Enjoy while you can. 🙂 

This is a really good deal.  I'm surprised more don't take advantage but people are probably too lured into paying for new phones later.  Happy they brought it back

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalgaryBen

Sshhh! 🙂

CalgaryBen

@CalgaryBen wrote:
"*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost."

The new phrasing also tightens up a loose point in the original post, which did not clearly stipulate that you had to stay on the $30+ plan, but only that you had to activate on one! Clearly PM didn't run the post by their legal team for vetting!  This opened up the interpretation that you could possibly downgrade to a $10 plan and still get $10 off for months 2-6!  The new statement refutes that possibility...

Oh my!  Oh my, oh my!  I may be shooting myself in the foot (and my apologies to anybody that this post may negatively impact, if this gets fixed), but it looks like the original post, as orignally stated, was literally how the promo was implemented in the backend!

I'm not complaining... and for my benefit, I don't need this fixed!!!

I signed up a new ($30/30 day) account to take advantage of this $10 for 6 months promo, but then had the system change to the $10 50/50 plan on the next cycle (knowing that I'd risk losing the promo).  As I mentioned before, the promo description initially didn't indicate you'd lose the promo by switching to a lower plan, so for fun/curiosity I downgraded (didn't really need the $30 plan in this case) as a test of how this was implemented.

Low and behold, I noticed I got an SMS from 611 on Feb 3 (as I did on Jan 3) indicating I got a $10 credit.  It's also there in my payment transaction history!  Oh, and my billing cycle switched plans on January 25, so as of Feb 3, I should have been disqualified for the promo.  So, with $10 credit every month (plus $2 auto-pay reward!), and being on a $10/30 day plan... you can imagine I'm not complaining... but I also feel obligated to mention this, at the risk of losing it. Smiley Frustrated

Okay, ssshhh...

@CalgaryBen thanks for the clarification. Clearly not vetted. With that interpretation, I can see where they are TRYING to go. But they should have first marked it as an edit, and the new language adds new ambiguity...but I get it now... Thx.

CalgaryBen
"*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost."

@pm-smayer97 That is exactly the line that was added to the post. It wasn't there at all, before!

The question came up due to confusion about whether the 6-month promo would still apply for someone who migrates to a $30+ plan that wasn't in-market before, before the 6 months is up.

The new phrasing also tightens up a loose point in the original post, which did not clearly stipulate that you had to stay on the $30+ plan, but only that you had to activate on one! Clearly PM didn't run the post by their legal team for vetting!  This opened up the interpretation that you could possibly downgrade to a $10 plan and still get $10 off for months 2-6!  The new statement refutes that possibility...

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

just received a notification that the original  post was updated today BUT I cannot tell what has been changed. Please clarify.

I cannot tell if this has changed but the OP says "*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost."

The language is very confusing because it makes it sound like the $10 off never expires and lasts as long as you hold the plan, even though the original promo was for 6 months discount. 😕

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mamuncse wrote:

Thank you all for the suggestions. If I switch to a new operator now, PM would not refund the credit paid for the current month, right? 

Like others have mentioned, There are no Refunds on Prepaid Service with any Providers in Canada and that includes Public Mobile. So what I suggest Port your number out when you have a couple of Days of Service left with Public Mobile   

Carld123

@mamuncse wrote:

Thank you all for the suggestions. If I switch to a new operator now, PM would not refund the credit paid for the current month, right? 

@mamuncse

Correct..no refunds..if your leaving and want to keep your number be sure to port it to your new provider while your PM account is still active..

mamuncse

surreyboz

@mamuncse wrote:

Thank you. I would like to cancel the plan. What's the easiest way?

This is a Prepaid Service. So there isn't really anything to cancel. With all Prepaid Provider in Canada, You simply stop paying and your service will cancel or you can simply port your number out to another provider. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamuncse wrote:

Or you could change your plan to a different one for your next renewal.

Unless you mean leave here altogether...then as above. If you want to keep your phone number then you'll need to port somewhere else while this is still active.

You can't cancel your plan...it's prepaid service. You can use it and quit... @mamuncse

Good luck with another company...

Carld123

@mamuncse wrote:

@mamuncse

Cancel autopay...use the remaining time left on your plan ..and your done..

mamuncse

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamuncse wrote:

Thank you.  That' bad!

Are you sure that the guy cheated me! Should I be able to connect to anybody from PM.

Yes. It happens all too frequently. Retailers are interested in making money. They get paid to do activations. Why would they help you not make money for them. We as the customers need to go into a retailer and go out with what we want. Not be "sold" on something else.

There's only the private message system to contact somebody at Public Mobile.

Public Mobile is well aware of retailers doing this. What do they care? They haven't seemed to have done anything about it up to now. They're getting you as a customer one way or the other.

mamuncse

Thank you.  That' bad!

Are you sure that the guy cheated me! Should I be able to connect to anybody from PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamuncse wrote:

I got them activated by a local wow mobile agent. He ensured me getting 10$ from the next month.

Says it right there in the subject line above.

online.JPG

Carld123

@mamuncse wrote:

I got them activated by a local wow mobile agent. He ensured me getting 10$ from the next month.

@mamuncse

He miss informed you...the promotion was online only...not in store...so you arent entitled to the 10$ monthly credit

mamuncse

Carld123

@mamuncse wrote:

I didn't receive my 10$ off in the second month. What can I do? I have just checked they have automatically debited 30$ from my credit card in the month 2.

@mamuncse

Did you buy a sim and activate the account yourself?

mamuncse

I didn't receive my 10$ off in the second month. What can I do? I have just checked they have automatically debited 30$ from my credit card in the month 2.

danlee

Well yes and no, i make sure i do my due diligence and i love PM partly bcos i could set up my pseudo name, i never had scam, spam, fraud calls.  Well if it does i will be easily spotted by me too. 

Carld123

@fatfrog

Correct..

fatfrog

based on the number of confused replies to this thread, you would think that public should have found a way to show the credit availability in our accounts

i assume from reading the thread that it will pop in to the account around the end of the month in time to be applied to next billing cycle

and presumably ahead of auto-pay

@DCox44 wrote:

If I order a SIM online, do I get emailed the SIM number used to activate it? I'd like to take advantage of this deal but since it's NY Day, Walmart isn't open for me to go pick up a SIM

Not possible unless you at least have a SIM # to activate. If you are really desperate send me a private message and I will give you a SIM number. Once your new SIM arrives you can can change the SIM in your self serve account. Private Messages - viewing and creating

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@smf wrote:

Hi,

I signed up and registered for this plan but how can I verify that I actually have this discount?  Is there a place that I can see that this will be applied to my account for the next 6 months?  I just want to make sure as today is the last day for this.

Thanks

Nope. The first credit will not appear for a few days. "

• The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date."

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smf

Do you have a London Drugs near you?  That is where I bought mine and it was no problem.

smf

Thanks for letting me know--and know what to do if it doesn't apply after month 2.

Need Help? Let's chat.