cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*This offer is online-only.

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Take advantage of this awesome deal which can also be stacked with our Refer a Friend offer!

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

146 REPLIES 146

@wu_victor wrote:

What if I already activated a 40 dollar plan? Is it too late to get the 10 dollars off?

@wu_victor wrote:

What if I already activated a 40 dollar plan? Is it too late to get the 10 dollars off?

When did you activate, and did you activate online or in store?  The credit happens automatically as long you have met the criteria for the promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wu_victor wrote:

@wu_victor

If you're in the dates of the promo then you should get the credit. It's not so much $10 off as it's a credit back to your account.

Edit: Dates: Nov 26-Dec 2 and then Dec 15 - on...activated online.

wu_victor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jared_K  Who are you?  Another new public rep or new director of public mobile?

@dna2016 wrote:

Really nice offer for the holidays, and combining this with the referral bonus offer this is big savings for customers and a great way to get them started.

Just wondering though, if let's say their bill is $0 due to all these offers, and then they take part in the community and get additional credits, would that mean their owed amount can drop below zero, or does it just stay at zero and can;t go below that?

No, you cannot go below $0. You can read all about it here:

General Reward Rules

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie

Thats the correct end date/time of the promotion...

smdannie

So just to confirm, if my friend activates a $30+ plan on the day of Jan 1 2019 he will still get this special as long as he does it before Jan 1 midnight estern time? Thx

dna2016

Really nice offer for the holidays, and combining this with the referral bonus offer this is big savings for customers and a great way to get them started.

Just wondering though, if let's say their bill is $0 due to all these offers, and then they take part in the community and get additional credits, would that mean their owed amount can drop below zero, or does it just stay at zero and can;t go below that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karandupesh wrote:

I just activated this plan but I didn't get the credit yet.

It says it could take up to 30 days. But you certainly should see it before your renewal. (if you activated online)

karandupesh

I just activated this plan but I didn't get the credit yet.

@smdannie

once you port out, your present account will be closed.  Any remaining balance, referral or loyality credits, etc. would be lost.  

smdannie

So if I'm currently a customer and I port out my number and back in, would I lose my current balance that's already in my account?

Thx

@Anonymous wrote:

@stanleylai998 wrote:

If I already activated a plan that is $30 and wanted to change the plan to something else thats $30+ will I still recieve the promotion? And how does changing plans work payment wise on auto pay

Yes as long as you stay $30 or more. It's better to do a future plan change for at your next renewal rather than an immediate change. The autopay will see your plan change and take that amount instead.

At the same time, consider that you would have to choose a plan that costs less than $20 (which is only the $10 50/50 plan) to save more than the $30 plan, in the 6 months of the promotion. So I would say you might as well wait until the 6th month, then register a plan change for the end of the 6th month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stanleylai998 wrote:

If I already activated a plan that is $30 and wanted to change the plan to something else thats $30+ will I still recieve the promotion? And how does changing plans work payment wise on auto pay

Yes as long as you stay $30 or more. It's better to do a future plan change for at your next renewal rather than an immediate change. The autopay will see your plan change and take that amount instead.

stanleylai998

@Alex82 wrote:

@Anosan2018 wrote:

You should go to any retail store that PM supports. (Walmart.etc) 

Absolutely avoid Walmart.

For a complete list of where to buy SIMs, click Where to buy SIMS for Public Mobile

Alex82

@Anosan2018 wrote:

Absolutely avoid Walmart.

@Anosan2018 wrote:

Bad suggestion if you want to take advantage of this offer and the $25 referral bonus. 

Anosan2018

flashasif

There is nothing called brand loyality with PM.. Better move away and then port back, if required..

jofand

Thanks @Carld123, I just joined PM today, not very familiar with how the PM credit system works, so I can expect a credit after 30 days, that's great, thanks for your feedback.

Carld123

@Yihongwu

When you mention the guy at the mall..it sounds like you didnt activate online??  That will affect your referal amount....

Yihongwu

Regarding I referral my friend to join 40 plan, but I didn’t see any benefits going to  my account ? I talked to the guy in Northland village malls that I am her referral person and give him my cellphone number on last Friday. I tried to call public Mobile but there isn’t option number to talk to any persons or stuffs? How can I do now?

Carld123

@jofand

Yes..you missed where it said..first 10$ will be applied within 30 days of activation....then monthly for the rest

jofand
I activated my plan today (Dec 16th) with a $40 plan as this post suggest I should get $10 off but I did see any discounts on my account Have I missed anything?

Carld123

@Yihongwu

Which referal bonus are you supposed to recieve? If it was done instore and not ONLINE..you are only entitled to1$ per 30 day bonus..

Yihongwu

Regarding I referral my friend to join 40 plan, but I didn’t see any benefits going to  my account ? I talked to the guy in Northland village malls that I am her referral person and give him my cellphone number on last Friday. I tried to call public Mobile but there isn’t option number to talk to any persons or stuffs? How can I do now?

For this promo, if you did activate online within Dec 15 and Jan 1 11:59pm, then the credit will be applied within 30 days (not within the 2-3 days in past promos)!

You can read it in the OP here:

"The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation."

(I think they had to adjust their service level expectation because they are under staffed and have not been able to keep up in the past).

xotlkbokz

Hey according to this community post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-..., the promo began the 15th of December. If you want, maybe message a mod and they can still apply it for you? 

asif_sadeque

Thanks for the reply. The other day, on FB I posted the question in a Public Mobile sponsored ad. One of their personnel replied me “

concerning your remark, just know that to benefit from this offer, you must acitvate any 30- day ready-Made or Pick&Pay plans. If you did tha, then the credit  will be applied within 30 days of activation. You'll receive a text message after the credit has been applied.”

Need Help? Let's chat.