cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

I’m glad it got reversed. The other competitors could’ve taken advantage of this opportunity to offer a plan similar to koodo and ppl may jump there. Or maybe they are planning one up now. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone clarify for me why everyone is so concerned about this? The koodo deal is the same price but with Canada wide calling instead of province wide, so it seems like a good deal. I'm thinking of making the switch, but I feel like I must be missing something....

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Bur

@Burwrote:

Can someone clarify for me why everyone is so concerned about this? The koodo deal is the same price but with Canada wide calling instead of province wide, so it seems like a good deal. I'm thinking of making the switch, but I feel like I must be missing something....

I’m not affected but my understanding is that the following reasons are the main issues for people:

-significant 25% price increase if they don’t move on a plan that was promised to never change

-announcement was sent days after renewals of 90 day plans with only one month to move so they will loose 2/3 of find balance

-any rewards people have built don’t go with them 

-extra cost of sim card

-uncertainty about how long Koodo will keep that price before increasing it 

-strategy of big 3 to buy up smaller companies then increase rates to make you come to the big 3. Removing any and all real competition from the market. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

People are so upset because of the large price increase,  the loss of referal credits, autopay credits, loyalty credits and being told that the price wouldn't increase.  The offer to move to Koodo is a fair price,  it is just forcing us to leave public or pay more.  One great thing about prepaid is that you know what your paying in advance.  Just yesterday I received a bill from Koodo for 27.00 in long distance charges when the plan had canada wide calling.  No explanation,  but it took 20 min on the phone to sort it out.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, I have a few  curious questions.

First, how many "Fall2016" promo (and related ppl on 12GB/$40 plans,  like FM immigrants 🙂 ) is out there in total?

Some ppl on RFD cite the figure of 2500 complaints to CCTS over the last two days.

Which means Fall2016 bunch could be easily 10K or 20K head count! 

Wow! Quite a force!

Secondly, how much this base eroded because of the last  "2-days war" 🙂 ?

How many of our comrades perished in the battlefield an had their souls taken by the evil woodo koodo spirits?

Third, was the  "price increase" text  sent to all of the Fall2016promo bunch, or just to some of us? If  to some of us only, should one expect such "divide et impera" tactics in the future , where PM would try to genocide Fall2016promo bunch in small batches?  🙂

Highlighted
Oracle

@Burwrote:

The base plans looks very similar, but there are huge difference in the details.  First and foremost, we would be put into a post paid plan.  It may not be a big deal for some but could be prohibitive for others.  Some may not qualify on the credit check.  With prepaid, there's never any bill shock, not so with post paid.  Koodo charges $70 for one gig of overage!  We can get a gig of non expiring data for $30.  The Public Mobile model provides all sorts of rewards to offset the base price, Koodo doesn't have anything.  You correctly point out Canada wide calling vs province wide calling.  We get call forwarding and with Koodo, it is available at a cost.  These are just a few differences I can think of off the top of my head.  Now you see why we didn't want to be forced to leave this service?  BTW, I price Canada wide calling at $0.00 because I can make calls to North America for free.  Do some research, there are ways.  

Highlighted

Did anyone else get a call from their local Koodo store? 

They called my cell phone on Friday at 7:21pm to offer me the same "deal." Just for the record I have never had contact with this store (or Koodo) and I am also on the Do Not Call list. Since I have no prior business relationship with Koodo they just violated the list. 

I am actually more mad about the call then I am about the price change. This is just one bad business decision after another. 

Highlighted

@Burwrote:

@Bur

A few things:

- for me, there was less than 30 days to find another offer due to the billing cycle, forcing people with 90 day prepaid plans to switch in 30 days is asking them forfiet their money

- some of us have autopay credits, loyalty credits and referral credits.  Plans are actually less than $40/month

Highlighted
Oracle

@Charanth182 Sorry for the long delay - flu/chills/aches was distracting. As far as which moderator to message, it really makes no difference. Messages to the Moderator_Team and to individual moderators are delivered to a common pool for triage and distribution to whoever is available.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted

It's shady business. If a company offers a plan and promises the rate of the plan will always remain the same it should stay the same. Public Mobile threatened to increase the plan if users did not switch to Koodo and that is fundamentally what was wrong here. Some people may think it's a better deal I personally do not. I save $22 each bill cycle on loyalty credits and I don't want to move to Koodo and risk another price increase in a year or some other way for a company to bully their customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.