Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

@Nebulawrote:

Wait is this real!?

SWEET!

"While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today."

I guess that means our rewards are disappearing soon.

WHICH I don't mind as long as I get the flexibility of using my 12 GB over 90 days.

I think that reference is to pricing, not rewards.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We basically have an oligopoly  in telecommunication in Canada now. 😞

In my hometown it is way different. You get 4GB data and 300 minutes per month for only $11. I admit it is more expensive to build infrastructure in Canada but the rate is ridiculously high for me.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A mod just confirmed to me via private message:

"This means that as long as you are an active customer and you keep this plan, your plan price will remain at 120$. This is why we have decided to not go further with the price increase, as it would go against what was said."

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dave_Mwrote:

After sending out an offer to select customers, we heard your feedback loud and clear: we said no surprises, and we surprised you. While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today. As a brand, we have always been proud of our transparency, and of our commitment to our customers. We are sincerely sorry for any frustration caused and we want you to know that this has been a learning experience for us all.

Dave

Hi Dave 

When will the Koodoo plan come to an end ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M@Shazia_K@Mary_M, I believe that Public has personally been WAY TOO focused on the Plan Ready-Made, and all this nonsense, and I feel that the Brand is possibly Damaged, How can Telus do something so Callous, and put the PM Clients on the spot like that?

This kind of thing would be considered Unacceptable, Just hoping PM is NOT planning on ANYMORE Outrageous changes W/O at least Research, data to back up these changes, Feedback FROM The PM Clients, Etc.

I mean no disrespect, JUST that THIS whole fiasco has cost PM some integrity and that can have negative reflection on the Carrier as a Whole.

PLUS, THIS Koodo offer thing, it seems like Telus is sending Mixed signals, and also what the Telus Head had stated in an article, Sounds like they're planning on placing Public on a Tombstone, and that has got me Concerned, as I have the Plan I want, and Have had great faith in Prepaid, and feel Telus wants to Axe Prepaid and make things harder for PPL who Might not be able to afford a Postpaid with all these outrageous policy changes

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korthwrote:

Were this (aborted) PM plan migration and Koodo were really so bad?

I think people (myself included) are mostly mad about the language used, "for now" means its just buying time.

As for the Koodo plan. There was no loyalty ($1/year/month) and some of us are at a couple bucks there. There are no referals (I'm at zero but some are really high) there was no $2 auto renew. No Community bonuses.... all these things add up each month.

Biggest for many, overages charges at kodoo where PM doesn't allow overages.

Plus $15 activation for the SIM card. 

And i'm assuming Kodoo doesn't have other service charges related to post paid.... 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@saje_wardwrote:

If you didn't get the text, how do you know that you were affected. It was only the fall 2016 promo folks who were included.

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@echasketchwrote:

Great, I literally just ported over to Koodo. Why wasn't this communicated via text if that was the contact method you chose to notify the price increase? 😞

Some of us never even got the initial text. I didn't officially found out until logging on to the self-serve, when someone mentioned the message there.

This whole thing is a complete sh1t show.

I AM one of the Fall 2016 people.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

this was your warning folks. no surprise when it finally happens.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Victory!

Public Mobile here. We will not be moving forward with the March 20th price increase on your plan. See https://koo.do/CommunityUpdate for more details. We are happy to let you know that the Koodo offer remains available to you! You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

MAYBE the CRTC/CCTS and Competition Bureau should consider launching the Impossible:

Forcing the BIG 3 to EITHER GIVE UP ALL of their Subsidiaries, OR, GIVE them FULL Autonomy WITHOUT ANY Interference

Need Help? Let's chat.