cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gimli
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

@matbasmwrote:

Regardless of the true reason why PM is rolling back the increase, I am totally shocked. I never thought that consumer outrage, mostly on an internal forum, could cause this kind of an about-face.  It truly is remarkable.

Way to go everybody!

Still don't trust them, though...

There was nothing "internal" about the outrage.

I was so pissed I filed complaints with CCTS / Comp. Bureau, and reached out to media outlets.  Also smacked a few "twerks" to Telus and PM's twitter accounts.

MK78
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CalvinWwrote:

@will13am PM already damaged their reputation with this shenanigans. What do they have to lose? There are loopholes they can use to justify their price increase. When they attempt this again, I’m pretty sure they will have something up their sleeves 

When they attempt it again, it will likely mean that Public Mobile will be shut down.

jpar

@MK78wrote:

@CalvinWwrote:

@will13am PM already damaged their reputation with this shenanigans. What do they have to lose? There are loopholes they can use to justify their price increase. When they attempt this again, I’m pretty sure they will have something up their sleeves 

When they attempt it again, it will likely mean that Public Mobile will be shut down.

Sadly, I think this will eventually be the case. 

abTest
Mayor / Maire

This is great news. 

A win for the masses.  Might not last forever, but at least a temporary win.  Gives people time to rethink and plan for what might still be inevitable.

Shutdown

"While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today." I think this implies they are going to change the promo from LTE plan to 3g in the future since they can't increase price.

MVP

Heheh. I enjoyed this drama. Or should one say,  musical?  🙂

Thank you PM for growing up  a bit !

🙂

Tallguy11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CalvinWwrote:

ya they are going to sit on sending out a txt till the last day of this "promo" in hopes a good majority of ppl with switch to koodo, leaving a small percentage left on this plan...

I really hope a new outlet runs a story on this tonight so the word will spread about the increase being cancelled!

chrism604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @Dave_M for hearing the words of your customers. I want to support a company that can keep their word and provide a valuable service. This does tarnish the reputation that I held of PM, but I hope that you will be maintain the service and value that we've come to expect and gain that back.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13amwrote:

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@Wi11iamwrote:

Thank you for listening PM. 

They're not. Re-read the letter, basically it's: "you win this time, we'll be back with vengeance."

And you think we can't mount the same response next time?  If we are going to score round 1, I would say the customer came out way on top.  The damage control of having to clean up the CCTS mess will take months.  The publicity nightmare will have an effect.

The problem is Round 1 hasn't even started yet!

We didn't even know there was a fight until yesterday!

Round 1 is next week once the CCTS begins to actually send out the 2500 complaint, piece by piece.  Good luck Telus!

jpar

Is pm really big enough to even attract mainstream news attention ?

Need Help? Let's chat.