cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

P2814_PublicMobile-December2018_HeaderBanner-v5_Dec6_Dec06 (1).jpg

Hi Community,

This December, we are celebrating 5 years since we embarked on a journey to redefine how wireless service is delivered to Canadians. We started down this path with the goal of giving Canadians control over their wireless spend. 

Central to the journey was the belief that if we did things differently and we saved on costs, we could pass off those savings to our customers as a result. This is how our online support model, and our beloved Community, came to be. At the time, I was told over and over again that this was a crazy idea; it would never work. Yet here we are, 5 years later.

I want to sincerely thank you for supporting our crazy ideas and playing a part in making Public Mobile what it is today. We could not have done it without you. Of course, we still have lots of room to make things even better, and we’re excited about incorporating your ideas in 2019 and beyond. In particular, this is the wish list of things you’ve asked us to focus on next and that we are passionately working on:

1. Faster Moderator response times
  2. An improved ticket submission process
  3. Additional goodness from SIMon The Bot 

To thank you for being on this journey with us, we thought we’d have our own Public Mobile Advent Calendar and give away gifts everyday. But, in true #LessforLess spirit, we’re going to keep it to 5 days only because 25 would get very expensive. 🙂

With that said, we’re going to be holding a contest everyday from December 10 to 14 to get your holidays off to a great start! Each day, we’ll be announcing 5 winners. Make sure you come back on Dec 10th and check back every day next week!

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dave

Contest:

Day 5 of 5

‘Tis the season to be jolly! Carolling aside, we hope that our deals are also music to your ears. To help you enjoy all sorts of music, enter for a chance to win 1 of 5 BassPal SoundRo X3 Portable Bluetooth Speakers, please share with us your favourite holiday tunes. Entrants must be an existing Public Mobile customer; please read Contest Rules for more details.

Well, today wraps up our 5-day advent calendar. If you didn’t win anything,have no fear- we still have something for you!

Get $20 for Free When You Sign Up for KOHO with the Code PUBLICMOBILE (until February 14)

The holiday season is a lot of great things, but cheap isn’t one of them! That’s why Public Mobile has partnered with KOHO to help you accelerate your savings and earn a little free money too.

KOHO is a financial tech company whose mission it is to make finances simple and transparent. They offer a slick reloadable Visa card and an integrated app. Get real-time insights into your money, automate your savings goals, and earn instant cash-back on all your purchases. KOHO is also free, because paying bank fees is so 2018.

Download the app now to get $20 when you join KOHO with the promo code PUBLICMOBILE.

The Public Mobile promotional code is available to the first 1000 customers.
Offer only available for Public Mobile customers.

Let’s break it down, step-by-step:

1. Download the KOHO app and sign up with the promo code PUBLICMOBILE

2. Add funds to your KOHO account and make your first purchase

3. You don’t have to wait for your physical card to arrive. Shop online instantly by creating a virtual card in the app!

4. Once you make your first purchase, $20 will instantly be added to your KOHO account

KOHO is backed by some of Canada’s leading investors, and your funds are held securely by Peoples Trust.

Contest Rules: 

Spoiler

Public Mobile Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1.        HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share a response on the Public Mobile Community post sharing their favourite holiday tune(s).

Only one entry per entrant accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs December 14, 2018 only from 9:00AM to 11:59PM ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1.      THE PRIZE

There will be five (5) prizes awarded in total.  Winner will receive the following prize:

-1 of 5 BassPal SoundRo X3 Portable Bluetooth Speakers (approx retail value $44.99)

Prize must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile or cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1.      THE DRAW

A random draw for the Prize will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario the day following the close of the contest (on or about 9:00am ET). Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

1.      PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1.      OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

Winners:

Spoiler
12/10 ($50 Account Credit): Willaug56, bradman20012, @hultman, Vicky1313, Iorieux

12/11 (PM Swag Bag): lat34hat34, slash407, shartomjam, SD08, mcs11 

12/12 (Die Hard Blu-Ray Collection): @socialcocoon, Sphero, Adrian03, feedo, Sidewinder200

12/13 (Amazon Fire TV Stick): Canadaknows, ooakosiryan, 6500K, eizzor, francis26 

12/14 (BassPro Bluetooth Speaker): @Someone_here@itchyfeet01@ty_89@ntoulany@MacMe

886 REPLIES 886

sandra516
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Day 3 Contest entry

My favourite christmas movie is Bad Santa

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Day 3:

Elf

But for TV animation - Robbie the Reindeer - so funny

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Miracle on 34th Street

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

favourite christmas movie; A Miracle on 34th

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M, my Christmas Holiday Movie Marathon is totally the Die Hard movies, and I throw in Gremlins to start it all off!  If my marathon goes for the week (and it has a few years), GhostBusters, Star Wars and StarTrek get added.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Don't have a favorate one. Come to think of it I think anything non Christmasy since  as we get closer to the the 24-25  it's become Christmas overload.

Out of curiosity have winners. Been announced for the previous contests? 

jccloc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Planes, Trains, Automobiles; Elf; Hme Alone

raknahss

Kung fu panda series works best enjoying with family and friends !
CoCo recently added to the list !

It's a Wonderful Christmas

randolphbenoit

day 3: My holiday viewing is the Dr Who Xmas specials and Mrs brown Xmas specials!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am carbon dating myself a bit here, definitely the first National Lampoon's vacation movie is the best.  It doesn't have the Christmas theme as the Christmas vacation movie, but the first movie in a franchise is always the best.  The subsequent movies are to make money because the first one was a huge success. 

Ciph

My favorite childhood holiday movie was probably each and every single one of the Astérix et Obélix movies(cartoons) shown on TV during the long holiday break.

Moreover, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Home Alone rank high amongst the Holiday movies I never get tired of rewatching with friends and family and most enjoyably with children.

EDIT: Hmm, I think I already have all the Die Hard movies. I shall pass on this prize in case I get picked.

JCSCS

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! We even went out and bought the moose mugs one year 🙂

Aiden

my favourite holiday movie is how the grinch stole christmas!

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

We usually have a Lord of the Rings marathon during the holidays.  Our family favourite Christmas movie is, of course, The Muppets Christmas Carol!!

nelliott17

It isn't Christmas without A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life, followed up by Rudolph and Frosty, Christmas Vacation and the Die Hard movies....

@Alan_K wrote:

Here we go with Day 3...hope everyone enjoys a good Holiday flick!

For me it is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation but with the kids they love to watch Elf a couple of times at this time of year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Leibel52

Scrooged of course!

GR
Mayor / Maire

Smokie and the bandit

bseldonb

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!!!

Alan_K

Here we go with Day 3...hope everyone enjoys a good Holiday flick!

Alan_K

@JeffH wrote:

How do we find out who is won everyday? Is there a list or message board we can see?

Winners will be posted publicly as soon as a response is received from the winner Smiley Happy

Carld123

@JeffH

Havent seen a list of winners...pretty sure if you end up being a winner they send a private message..merry xmas..

bka21

One of my friend finally switched to Public Mobile referring me. And I was awarded $25. What a perfect gift.

JeffH

How do we find out who is won everyday? Is there a list or message board we can see?

tvtuner

Always like a nice ugly Christmas sweater

csk

Santa hat always works

Raahbecca

My favourite festive look is a big comfy knitted Christmas sweater and fuzzy Christmas socks! 😊

bzly

Join your local public library [FREE[ download the app [FREE[ browse the extensive collection and enjoy #LessforLess

adanac_20

My festive look is putting on my ugly sweater and baking some Christmas cookies. 

Need Help? Let's chat.