Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

@Spuggety- Signing up is a little trickier.

Spuggety
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What changes for new customers?

@Spuggety- For existing customers I don't think so. We can still do what we need with the website. A little trickier for new customers.

Spuggety

Is there a reason to download the app instead of just going through the browser? I’ll download it if they give me more public points 

Yzeguy

Mi can confirm that it does NOT work. Lol

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy but trusted device finally works for you on this new version?

@softech , we will see. I will report back if it does!

Edit: Nope, it doesn’t!

IMG_0088.jpeg

@LitlLdy but trusted device finally works for you on this new version?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

In case anyone wants to know there an update to the app! It's still just as slow! 🤣 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@StillAngry 

Sorry to hear about your troubles....we're all having them one way or another. Just a heads up....TMS within Superstore no longer sells pm vouchers you have to purchase them at the customer service desk. You can also purchase them at 7/11, Shell, Esso, Mobil, London Drugs (out west), Circle K or try online at muskbird.com (they have a 7.5% surcharge and pst is charged based on your C/C billing address.) More info below...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

@xiao12   Yes, those bonus data , as well as thoe data addon you purchase beofre the change, are still non-expiring

xiao12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a some unused Christmas bonus data/minutes from the past few years. Are they still going to be "no expiry"?

HI @woffle 

you can check your phone , change the connection or network type or Automatic

then see if there is a 5G icon there

or you can change from Automatic to 5G, and see if the phones connects 

woffle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I tell if my phone is connected to 5G?

@StillAngry wrote:

Thank you for this. Gaby, CS Agent has been in contact.

@StillAngry , thank you for letting me know!

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for this. Gaby, CS Agent has been in contact.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 , can you (if it’s doable) make a post for @StillAngry for better/proper help so that we do not keep adding it all here? 

@StillAngry wrote:

Hi Again. I did use that link and I am wonder if the user id at the end of the link will mean that you will get the reply. I am sorry to clutter up your inbox if this happens.

@StillAngry , it wont go to me. Look at my previous reply please. It will show you pictures of how it looks. The link opens up to your private messages inbox & inputs CS_Agents name in to field. Then you tupe your detailed message in the message section of whats going on. In turn you will receive a reply back asking you to verifying your you! 

StillAngry

I have used the trusted device option. It did not work for me.

StillAngry

Hi Again. I did use that link and I am wonder if the user id at the end of the link will mean that you will get the reply. I am sorry to clutter up your inbox if this happens.

StillAngry

Thank you for the heads up regarding the vouchers. I will try to get them from Superstore where they have a mobile station that includes PM. But then, honestly, I am off to another carrier. This is crazy making.

StillAngry

Thanks Just sent a message to that link. I hope that you do not get the reply.

@StillAngry wrote:

I have tried many times to do this. I keep getting the oops message. All cache has been cleared all other browsers closed and still cannot get through. New fabulous computer. Annoying to say the least. This, while important for communication, is not my life. I just want a phone that works.

@StillAngry , using this link I gave you? It’s working for me. Not the chatbot. 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LitlLdy_0-1684328472330.png
LitlLdy_1-1684328484990.png

StillAngry

Thanks. I will try that link. I had tried a few others from other posters and they did not work either.

StillAngry

I have tried many times to do this. I keep getting the oops message. All cache has been cleared all other browsers closed and still cannot get through. New fabulous computer. Annoying to say the least. This, while important for communication, is not my life. I just want a phone that works.

@StillAngry wrote:

And still cannot submit a ticket. Still having to re login every time the chat bot kicks in. In the words of Charlie Brown Augh!!!!

@StillAngry , please use my suggestion earlier to send CS_Agent a private message instead. 

I no longer pay using my card. I had it removed & pay by vouchers from musk bird online. 

StillAngry

And still cannot submit a ticket. Still having to re login every time the chat bot kicks in. In the words of Charlie Brown Augh!!!!

StillAngry

I had to create a new one. I used to be Angry New Client.

StillAngry

Exactly my issue. There is no way to get back into the page to authorize a payment. Then if you subscribe, you are not allowed to remove your credit card info without another payment method entered. Why? They already cut you off on your payment date, before the end of that day.

StillAngry

I have lost my 'community' account as well. Now I am listed as new in town. This has really collapsed in my opinion. No notification of a different interface and they expect you to enter credit card info? Suddenly I have to subscribe again? Can't make a payment and now my phone is cut off even though the payment is only due today. This leaves me isolated in a semi rural area. I am really unhappy with this lot and will be getting into the nearest town to get something better.

@StillAngry , I wish I could disagree with you but many of us are frustrated with this! 😕 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.