Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since you're offering 5g now, why hasn't 4g come down in price? Cheapest plan now 39 and even at that it's a promo... 3rd tier is for broke people lol

Can people stay on legacy rewards still? Use physical sim if they want to (including ability to order a new one if something happens)?

Ps glad now I didn't switch away from my $30 3gig 3g plan now to see if it made any difference in data reception. Since it probably won't, and I wouldn't be able to get it back

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch 

If you have data add ons from before May 8th (or May 24th as the date needs clarification) they will continue to roll over. The 30 day expiry only applies to newly purchased data add ons.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Both my wife and I are seniors. The $15 plan that is similar to the CTRC $15 guideline and I assume only that this was Telus's compliance. 

Most of my referrals were due to the Data that did not expire and the $5 500 Add on minutes. And of course the Canada Wide calling. 

We have 3 accounts with PM all $15. One plan does not need data and the other 2 do. While we don't need a lot and most times we do not exceed the 250mb,  BUT the add-on data that did not expire was able to keep us in tune with our children and grand children while we are away from home. Communication at our age is very important in the event of an emergency. 

From my perspective the changes and improvements are devaluing the $15 to force us to not have a phone or to find another solution as a lot of seniors or low income folks can't afford to buy Data that expires. 

Is there not any deals for seniors and low income folks??

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_PM how the 30 days data work when a new cycle starts?

If I bought 1Gb on 25th days, used 100 Mb in 5 days and a new cycle starts. Does PM takes the regular monthly data first? 

If my regular data used up on the 25th days again, my 30 days addon just expired, isnt that unfair  amd a waste??

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

Hi, not happy about the 30 day expiry for data add ons.  Is anyone else concerned about this?  Speak up, maybe Public Mobile will listen and step back, they've done that before. 

@EdN , many of Us have been complaining/ speaking up about the 30 day expiration of the Canadian minute adds-on & data add-ons! 😕 I won’t be buying any again! We can keep saying something & hopefully they will care enough to change it back for Us!

@Grinch wrote:

Oh my gosh!!!  You know....PM used to be too good to be true......now it's not I guess.'

Any thing that was good is on the chopping block. 

So what about all the freebie data that I have.....gone in 30 days???

@Grinch , I certainly hope they don’t take the free gifts from Us! That would be a pretty mean thing to do! Give gifts & take them away!

I certainly will not be buying any add-ons, I can’t use them within 30 days! 😕

Grinch

Oh my gosh!!!  You know....PM used to be too good to be true......now it's not I guess.'

Any thing that was good is on the chopping block. 

So what about all the freebie data that I have.....gone in 30 days???

hi @Grinch data addon for Canada bought now has a 30 days expiry. 

US data is the same as before, 15 days 

Grinch

Are you talking about Data add-on for USA or Canada?

hi @EdN 

yes, that was what makes PM better than other tier 3.  Now PM is just as "good" as them

And PM reverse the provisional calling plans before as no other tier 3 follows.  But this time, since others are same.  I don't know 

EdN

Hi, not happy about the 30 day expiry for data add ons.  Is anyone else concerned about this?  Speak up, maybe Public Mobile will listen and step back, they've done that before. 

robm54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Totally agree with you pubmob. Same issues setting up a new community account. Have been with PM for 4 years. I switched from Telus because back then they did the same thing as PM is now; eliminating basic inexpensive accounts for people that don't want /need Gigs of data or ultra high speeds and have extremely low usage of their phone. I was with Telus for 15years on a talk/text plan when they eliminated and tried to entice and up-sell me to a new plan. Have already switched my wife's account over to $15 p/month account at Lucky no problem, and over the next few weeks will be pulling my PM account, cutting my losses and switching as well. Will probably stay there at least until Bell does the same thing to their Lucky customers (which sooner or later will inevitively happen). If / when you decide to switch make sure if you want to take your number with you that you don't cancel your PM account before!  With Lucky I kept my number and if you go to one of their kiosks they will switch and take of the details for you. My switch took less than 30 min. Take care and good luck! Hope this latest PM / Telus stunt really costs them customers!! Rob

Yzeguy

You should keep your old rewards even it changing plans. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mixxim10 

Only you can switch to the points program in your rewards page/account (Don't!!) Rewards are tied to your account not the plan. You safely schedule a change plan on next renewal and keep your $$ rewards.

@Yzeguy wrote:

I lost my community account as well 🙄

@Yzeguy , I didn’t lose my community account but may leave altogether!. Sorry you lost yours. A lot of Customers have!

Yzeguy

I lost my community account as well 🙄

mixxim10

QUESTION!

If you change the plan - do the old rewards change with the plan?  Can you keep your old monthly rewards?

@pubmobsux wrote:

Firstly, there was no way to sign in to my already-created community account.  It kept circling me back to my general account so I had to create a new user name.  Secondly, what the heck!  I was going to get my daughter her first phone plan but the basic 25$/month that I have is gone!  The cheapest is now $39??!!  Are you serious?  Time to shop for a new company for both of us.  I'm so disappointed in you.

@pubmobsux , the low priced (3G plans) plans are only available to get on the mobile app now! 😕

pubmobsux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Firstly, there was no way to sign in to my already-created community account.  It kept circling me back to my general account so I had to create a new user name.  Secondly, what the heck!  I was going to get my daughter her first phone plan but the basic 25$/month that I have is gone!  The cheapest is now $39??!!  Are you serious?  Time to shop for a new company for both of us.  I'm so disappointed in you.

Kristowhy

@Anonymous wrote:

@mabba18   @LitlLdy   Agreed!  Outside of the old rewards the best feature about PM was definitely the non-expiring add-on data and add-on minutes which for now seem to be safe (fingers crossed).  What makes it worse is that PM hasn't bothered to drop the price of the 1GB add-on data even though it now only has a very short shelf life.  To go from forever (until depleted) to 30 days is quite the let down IMO..

Good point!  But let's not forget that the data-on is the same cost if you are on "3G" or "4G" plans (bt 4G plan users are not likely to be buying more add-on data anyways).  So 3Mbps costs the same as 100Mbps.  Last I checked the slowest speeds of home Internet were the cheapest and costs went up as speeds increased.

Kristowhy

@mabba18 wrote:

Just joined PM a month ago, and the biggest attraction to me was the roll-over data add-ons. Shame if that is gone now, and I guess I will start shopping around again.

Agreed!  This is nothing more than to discourage people from the $15 plans and pressure them to move up to a more expensive priced option.  Somebody paying $15/month is going to think long and hard about spending another $15 for extra data that expires in 30 days.  I can smell churn in the air...

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Here's where I am on these Wonderful Changes

LUV It

But, Here's the Lamb of my Situation

I am currently on an OLD Grandfathered 90 Day, My Mom as well

Unlim Can-Wide-US-L-D, Unlim Global Text and 6 GB Data 4G LTE $150 90 Days

Wished PM could have an Add-On for Access to 5G Data Speeds, so, Like, an Add-On for 30 Days of Access to 5G Speeds while retaining the Old Grandfathered 4G Plans

Also, wonder how the E-Sim would work on PM, that being one of my Curious wonders, Plus if the PM App would Not use Any of the Data allocated to the Plans or If it would

Too Bad PM has No Siren Music App, But, as the Internet Neutrality act has to be fair, I am happy regardless of what we have so far

If Only the 90 Day 5G had US-L-D as well added too

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I must say, I am Very Pleased, as I was One of the FEW that has been Clamouring Hard for PM to have these, Now, it looks like PM is Finally Taking Off to Terrific Heights.

Just too Bad My Current 90 Day Plan is based on the OLD 90 Day Super-Max of Unlim-Can-Wide-US-L-D 6GB Data and Unlim Global Data on the 4G LTE

Adding the ESim, 90 Day being Brought Back Home, 5G, VoLTE, these will definitely give PM Clients something to Smile

Wonder, How would we Be able to use the 5G?  Do we need a New Sim, aside from the Phone having to be 5G of course

Community_QA_

I think the site looks good. The upgrade is a great one

yes, I have problem keeping my nickname.  But I see no problem with a new name. a fresh start.  I am posting my first post AGAIN  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope we don’t have to get used to your new username but it’s appropriate lately! 🤣
@LitlLdy    Lol...didn't see this earlier and yep who knows, maybe I'll decide to keep it... 😉

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy   All the gifted and purchased data add-ons prior to when this 30 day expiry policy went into place yesterday will remain in the account until depleted is what I understand from what has been mentioned by J_PM in another thread, so some small consolation but still really surprised about this change which came out of nowhere.  I would have purchased some extra data for one account that has almost depleted all the freebie data had I known about this change ahead of time.

+1

If the throttled data after limit was extended to all plans it would be a slightly different story. The feature is only available to the 25GB and 50GB plans, which IMHO doesn't make sense. It's likely that people who made the most use of that indefinite roll-over are on low to minimal (and zero) data plans. People that can't (or, in rarer cases? don't want to) afford buying the expensive data add-on with 30day expiry. So for the crowd that Public Mobile was the perfect choice it's adding insult to injury.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charley13   Not sure if you are wanting some assistance as right now you are posting on a community forum and if you need customer support regarding payment or service issues then you can contact support by submitting a ticket via chatbot (recommended) here:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I 

Questions not requiring account access can be answered by other community customers if you post what the problem is on this forum.  Of course, don't post any personal information here as it's an open public forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy   All the gifted and purchased data add-ons prior to when this 30 day expiry policy went into place yesterday will remain in the account until depleted is what I understand from what has been mentioned by J_PM in another thread, so some small consolation but still really surprised about this change which came out of nowhere.  I would have purchased some extra data for one account that has almost depleted all the freebie data had I known about this change ahead of time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mabba18   @LitlLdy   Agreed!  Outside of the old rewards the best feature about PM was definitely the non-expiring add-on data and add-on minutes which for now seem to be safe (fingers crossed).  What makes it worse is that PM hasn't bothered to drop the price of the 1GB add-on data even though it now only has a very short shelf life.  To go from forever (until depleted) to 30 days is quite the let down IMO..

@Anonymous , ohhh, don’t even get me started on the old rewards! Still really upset over that stupid mistake I made! I wanted to leave! 
I certainly hope that the gift data & gift minutes we already have added on our accounts doesn’t disappear! 

I hope we don’t have to get used to your new username but it’s appropriate lately! 🤣

@Anonymous , I guess I need to change my username for here! It no longer seems right!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.