Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

Canadaknows
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone confirm that switching to the new plans still includes international text messaging?

I know on the site it has it listed, but when you log in and go to change plans it's not mentioned anywhere for any of them. 

@maximum_gato wrote:

@XionBunny 

Looks like I will move onto account #3 and so on til I get an answer?

@maximum_gato, reminder, cant disable autopay but can still select lost/stolen

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maximum_gato Lucky for me I only have one account 🤣

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

Yes....I don't even want to think about that issue for the accounts that are currently suspended. 611 and vouchers will be necessary for many customers not just me.

@maximum_gato 

incognito does not work?

I guess a different browser would be ok, but how many accounts you have ? how many browsers you need?  LOL

XionBunny

Regardless of Telus, the issue here at public with the plan listings is clearly a rushed page launch, it was probably intentional to promote the new stuff, those plans will probably be relisted soon, as long as we all keep letting them know about it, since it's regulated they have to.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@XionBunny 

Looks like I will move onto account #3 and so on til I get an answer?

@maximum_gato wrote:

@J_PM 

OK I have hit my first snag....logged into my first account, changed the password for eversafe, (there was no option to keep the original password) after 4 2FA codes I noticed the "trusted device" option to skip 2FA and finally noticed the arrow for the page options....Grrrrreat!

Onto account #2 and I get "password does not match"? OK....I try the password reset option and get the 2FA code and reset the password. I get "password does not match". I try again with the same result. I go thru the password reset option again with another new password and get the same result again. How do I login?

This is going to be a very long day....week....gaining access to all of the accounts I manage?

@maximum_gato, I forgot to tell you that part! Sorry,Im irritated. I used my same password. Didnt change it! I selected trusted device option but it didnt matter! Still sent me a code! Also, when Customers dont have active service & need to login to pay for their plan they cant due to they cant get the text! This took forever to type with these stupid characters in way of typing!😡

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Finally PM has 5G plan and app! Nice job, PM! 

XionBunny

@maximum_gato Another rough launch, seems par for the course here 😉

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@XionBunny Yes and there is no $35/mo plan with voice&3GB+ data. There is no $15/mo plan with voice&data.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

OK I have hit my first snag....logged into my first account, changed the password for eversafe, (there was no option to keep the original password) after 4 2FA codes I noticed the "trusted device" option to skip 2FA and finally noticed the arrow for the page options....Grrrrreat!

Onto account #2 and I get "password does not match"? OK....I try the password reset option and get the 2FA code and reset the password. I get "password does not match". I try again with the same result. I go thru the password reset option again with another new password and get the same result again. How do I login?

This is going to be a very long day....week....gaining access to all of the accounts I manage?

umnikke8

XionBunny

I asked @J_PM  about that as well, the wording is confusing and I have no idea if it really only applies to the new plans.

Kristowhy

@softech wrote:

@XionBunny $15 and $25 seems to be the only 3G plans still offering.  You can see them in My Account Change plan page

On PM's plan page, they only only focusing on 5Gnanf 4G plans.

@J_PM shouldn't the main PM plan shows all plans PM has? Some people still looking for the low end plans. If they don't see it, they might think PM is no longer offering them and they will go to the competitors instead 

Bingo!  This is exactly the perception of what's happened.  RFD has many people commenting how PM no longer has these $15 and $25 plans available. 

To be honest I'm a little shocked that we have so many big changes happening here today, meanwhile VoLTE and US roaming are still far far from being 100%.

The drive for $40-$50 ARPU is here in full swing!  And the "5G" marketing is the catalyst to make it happen...

EdN

I see on the main page of the wbsite it refers to unlimited data, is that for all plans or a select few?

@jor123 wrote:

Can we keep our traditional rewards (not public points) if we switch to these new plans?

Yes, you can continue with traditional rewards if you switch to new plans.

XionBunny

@umnikke8 Telus does on their main brand on the prepaid section of their site.

umnikke8

@XionBunny wrote:

@LitlLdy They have to offer those plans though, CRTC regulations state they do, so if anything this is just an oversight.

Except they were supposed to offer them on all brands and never offered them on Telus, relied on Public and Koodo to offer them, so if Koodo keeps offering them, they can lean on that same reasoning.

@Dami1   for 3G plans, only $25 and $15 left.

you can see them when you login to your My Account and then click Change plan, they are there

@Dami1 

The $15 and $25 3G plans are still available.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can we keep our traditional rewards (not public points) if we switch to these new plans?

Dami1

I love the new colours & design! I see 5G plans added with the 4G plans & 90 plans but the 3G plans are gone? 1 sign-in for everything now!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   hope you are aware, the data usage is not currently showing

softech_0-1684932259988.png

EdN

According to LtlLady

wrote:

$15 and $25 seems to be the only 3G plans still offering.  You can see them in My Account Change plan page

On PM's plan page, they only only focusing on 5Gnanf 4G plans.

shouldn't the main PM plan shows all plans PM has? Some people still looking for the low end plans. If they don't see it, they might think PM is no longer offering them and they will go to the competitors instead 

, I believe it was a big mistake removing them , especially by not replacing them with something affordable under 4G Plans! What do I know though, maybe people with higher incomes matter more & sending lower income Customers else where since they can no longer sign up for them!

@jetlee wrote:

Is it intentional or is it a bug ? I'm trying to convince some friends that the $15 dollar plan at PM is better than LM and to my surprise I don't see it under "All Plans". If it's a bug, I think you better correct it fast as you might lose a few customers for that!

@jetlee wrote:

Is it intentional or is it a bug ? I'm trying to convince some friends that the $15 dollar plan at PM is better than LM and to my surprise I don't see it under "All Plans". If it's a bug, I think you better correct it fast as you might lose a few customers for that!

jetlee

XionBunny

@esjliv I can't update any of my info with that new system I get all kinds of errors.

Edit: it all shows up fine on mobile and works fine on mobile but is very broken on desktop.

@softech wrote:

@esjliv look like Eversafe is the single Sign-on mechanism here, no way to skip it.  Good in the sense that it is true one login for both My Account and Community.  I wonder how people without a subscription yet will do?  I guess still have the create the Eversafe/My Account but no Subscription there? 

And people can no longer to change Community email to match another My Account to give the Community rewards to their secondary account?  

@softech @J_PM  the issue with the EverSafe profile, I have is, I don't have a 'true' name here. And the characters I use in My Account, are not allowed in EverSafe. So now I have 2 different profile names? ...and that is just one account, so far.

Softech, I can see where you can change the community email here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:email

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It looks great for the design.

Need Help? Let's chat.