cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my voicemail number out-of-province?

My usage history shows out-of-province calls from my PM number to my voicemail. This seems odd. What to do?

Accepted Solutions
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Why is my voicemail number out-of-province?

@No wrote:

Yes I am on a Canada Wide plan, with unlimited minutes but will my current voicemail number limit any future change to province wide coverage. Would rather get my ducks in a row before then.

@No no problem.  Just go into your phone app, settings, call settings, Voicemail, advanced, and edit your Voicemail number.  You can find the full list here, just pick one in your province:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you're on a Canada Wide plan, with unlimited minutes, that isn't a problem, however, it does seem strange.

I believe, folks in Nova Scotia may be calling to New Brunswick or the opposite.  There have been issues like this previously.

Lieux
Oracle

@No wrote:

My usage history shows out-of-province calls from my PM number to my voicemail. This seems odd. What to do?

Do you have a limited plan for your calls with province only? If this a case it might be a problem otherwise not. But I can’t explain it is the case with your voicemail number.

No

@stonechucker wrote:

If you're on a Canada Wide plan, with unlimited minutes, that isn't a problem, however, it does seem strange.

I believe, folks in Nova Scotia may be calling to New Brunswick or the opposite.  There have been issues like this previously.

Yes I am on a Canada Wide plan, with unlimited minutes but will my current voicemail number limit any future change to province wide coverage. Would rather get my ducks in a row before then.

srlawren

@No wrote:

@No no problem.  Just go into your phone app, settings, call settings, Voicemail, advanced, and edit your Voicemail number.  You can find the full list here, just pick one in your province:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

View solution in original post

will13am
Oracle

Unless the call forwarding feature is manually supplied with a phone number, the voice mail number should be auto updated by the network based on the location to which the phone is connected.  For best results, using defaults will ensure that voice mail is a "local call".  That is my 5c worth. 

No

@will13am wrote:

Unless the call forwarding feature is manually supplied with a phone number, the voice mail number should be auto updated by the network based on the location to which the phone is connected.  For best results, using defaults will ensure that voice mail is a "local call".  That is my 5c worth. 

In my case, my auto updated voice mail number by PM network is definitely NOT based on the location of the PM phone connected. It is located on the other side of the country. Manually entering a "local call" voice mail number results in "Your call cannot be completed as dialled, call *611..." message when dialling 1.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@No wrote: 

In my case, my auto updated voice mail number by PM network is definitely NOT based on the location of the PM phone connected. It is located on the other side of the country. Manually entering a "local call" voice mail number results in "Your call cannot be completed as dialled, call *611..." message when dialling 1.

What is your area code and prefix (don't post the last 4 digits)?

So you're saying that if you use your dialer and type in a "local" voicemail access number that it can't connect? Are you able to get in to your call forwarding/voicemail options in your dialer or phone?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@No, there are no "local calls" at Public Mobile.  Only Province-Wide, or Canada-Wide.  The number specified for your area code *may* still be a real long-distance code depending on the location of the 'local exchange' (the second set of 3 digits).

Enter the phone as +1XXXYYYYZZZZ and you should be fine.  You can also try removing the phone number and letting it repopulate accordingly.

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

That is my 5c worth. 

@will13am is 2c adjusted for inflation? Robot LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.