cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2.5 time limit per call

During Covid-19 2.5 hours time limit per phone connection can lead to someone death. 

Waiting time for vaccination booking is  longer than 2.5 hours which is making booking impossible. I think it could also lead to legal action in the future. 

Please remove this 2.5 hours limit for safety and health of Public Mobile users.

Accepted Solutions
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: 2.5 time limit per call

@ZR I suggest moving to either Koodo or virgin. this is one of the downsides to a cheap provider. remember cheaper is never better... compromises need to be made. don't take a chance, switch providers

Koodo and Virgin have revamped their prepaid to mimic public mobiles plans. they are basically $5-7 more dollars than public. Koodo prepaid is still 30 days while virgin is monthly. I think virgin has overages though not too sure ...

View solution in original post

All Replies
ZR

2.5 time limit per call

• During Covid-19 2.5 hours time limit per phone connection can lead to someone death. 

Waiting time for vaccination booking is  longer than 2.5 hours which makes booking impossible. I think it could also lead to legal action in the future. 

Please remove this 2.5 hours limit for safety and health of Public Mobile users.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ZR wrote:

During Covid-19 2.5 hours time limit per phone connection can lead to someone death. 

Waiting time for vaccination booking is  longer than 2.5 hours which is making booking impossible. I think it could also lead to legal action in the future. 

@ZR 

Good point!!!

I would probably recommend anytime you need to call a normally  S L O W   government department in answering, that you NOT RELY on calling from a Public Mobile number.

Some recommend a landline, some recommend a calling app like Fongo or Whatsapp.

Spudster
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ZR 

Bring this to the attention of Public Mobile moderators, expressing that you must have extended calling times for services such as Covid-19 vaccinations and government departments, such as CRA.

Here's how to contact them:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ZR  @Spudster 

Here's an interesting prior thread on this very topic.   It appears call-time is very much YMMV based on various users:

PM voice calls cut off time - Community (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ZR wrote:

@ZR While I can see this time limit not affecting a lot of customers, I can see how it could affect others.

Perhaps you can add this to this Wishlist thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

Not sure if Public Mobile representatives refer to it at all, but it is never a bad thing to express feedback.

We are all Public Mobile customers here on the Community Forum. If you ever need to contact Public Mobile employees/representatives, here is how:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

ZR

Thank you for your advice. 

I know some of my friends don't have landline. They use Public Mobile as a main and only one phone line. Those people are on tide budget. Some of them are in their golden ages and to use other applications is not easy for them. They use "seniors" type phones. 

So my concern is about safety of those people.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ZR wrote:

Thank you for your advice. 

I know some of my friends don't have landline. They use Public Mobile as a main and only one phone line. Those people are on tide budget. Some of them are in their golden ages and to use other applications is not easy for them. They use "seniors" type phones. 

So my concern is about safety of those people.

Funny you say that, @ZR 

We recently switched providers for other home services and debated removing landline services altogether.   In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't given the various results some seem to be getting from Public Mobile.

I FULLY AGREE with you re our elderly folks.   The good thing about it is dialing 911 doesn't require active service, or even a SIM in a mobile phone, so there's always that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well I had some advice but got that dang "message not found" which deletes your post so now I cant't be bothered. Forget it. It won't change....get fongo if you have a smartphone.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@ZR I suggest moving to either Koodo or virgin. this is one of the downsides to a cheap provider. remember cheaper is never better... compromises need to be made. don't take a chance, switch providers

Koodo and Virgin have revamped their prepaid to mimic public mobiles plans. they are basically $5-7 more dollars than public. Koodo prepaid is still 30 days while virgin is monthly. I think virgin has overages though not too sure ...

View solution in original post

Need Help? Let's chat.