Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Contributors - August 2021

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

.there's a paper jam in the Univac 5000!! Dang it why am I the only one who fills the paper tray?!! A little help please?!! Dang! Dang! Dang! Now I'm getting all flustered.......

give up on your Univac.. i just got a new galaxy watch.. i think even this tiny thingy is faster and more powerful than yours.. and it does not use any paper .. more environmental friend..   🙂

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that you have to stick your finger into that gold circle just to touch the number to dial. It would take longer to insert then remove then move all the way over to another number and repeat. How did they get anything done back in the day? 🙂

Oh how I remember waiting forever dialing a 9 or 0. Hated businesses or whoever that had one.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

I’m all round bad news around here being the modern day “inventor” of the UNIVAC 5000 here at PM. May as well throw in a phone or two now….. wall phone or desk phone, take your pick…

Am diggin' those two funky old phones, ESPECIALLY that top one, with the dial off to the side - never seen one like that before! 👍

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Looks like this thread has been officially abyssed now by you.

He only got it to start sinking.

The official abyss is when the bad memes come out.

Sentient-Machines

@AE_Collector 

Looks like this thread has been officially abyssed now by you.

I’m all round bad news around here being the modern day “inventor” of the UNIVAC 5000 here at PM. May as well throw in a phone or two now….. wall phone or desk phone, take your pick…

AE_Collector

E2D98438-890E-4FA5-965A-67F587067F0A.jpegFAFF3370-5439-4697-B1CF-9D1A4F204BC5.jpeg

@CFPartDeux wrote:

Gee, what a surprise...... I had a feeling that once too many comments on the Univac came out, there'd be some slicin' & dicin', in spite of all the other 20+ Bravo'd comments being nothing more than "Congrats". 

Is Univac the new topical fashion, then?

I'm used to the thread dagger being twisted by @AE_Collector's exciting photo albums.

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

No fun allowed in the top contributors thread it can be sliced and diced by our own Beni Ha na chef while a Shady Sherif runs rampant rescuing the Jenny_jojo's of the old west.

Gee, what a surprise...... I had a feeling that once too many comments on the Univac came out, there'd be some slicin' & dicin', in spite of all the other 20+ Bravo'd comments being nothing more than "Congrats". 🙄

Oh.. this is a different one ...?

@AE_Collector 

No fun allowed in the top contributors thread it can be sliced and diced by our own Beni Ha na chef while a Shady Sherif runs rampant rescuing the Jenny_jojo's of the old west.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

lol, I was an honour roll student, grades much higher than "C" - and that was back in the days when you had to actually earn your grades, before grade inflation and low standards became the norm.

But certain subjects - English Literature (poetry, yuck) and Media Communications (write essays about dull documentaries and amateur student films) and Civics & Law (an opinionated bad teacher who wanted us to constantly write letters of complaint to local politicians) - they were not at all what I expected when I chose my electives. For some reason, the school system insists that you are not educated in the things you need to know (which for me was all physics, chem, math, tech, and compsci) unless you're educated in a bunch of junk you don't need to know (liberal arts, bah).

I've grown some appreciation of those topics (but not poetry, yuck) over the years, but my grades (and attendance) in those courses were far below the expected standard. I leave excellence in useless studies to those who want to be valedictorian and salutorian types, the ones who don't understand that you shouldn't let your schooling get in the way of your learning.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

I wouldn't say it's a bad report card you're just consistently a "C" student. As Calvin said to Hobbes "Why put all the effort into getting an "A" when their happy enough that you're passing with a "C"."

Really an "A+" and even an "A" here is not worth all the effort to get.....a "C" is actually the smartest grade or a "B" if you study well enough! Lol😉!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

But would a phone call once in awhile be too much to ask!

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Edit: Sorry Korth you're out.....

Hey, at least I don't have to explain this bad report card to my parents.

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Ok next month we will see who spits out the list first....the Univac 5000 or your galaxy watch?

My money's on the Univac 5000...... providing you can keep the neighbourhood brownouts to a minimum, while it's busy crankin' out them numbers. 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Ok next month we will see who spits out the list first....the Univac 5000 or your galaxy watch?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Alright give me a couple minutes.....there's a paper jam in the Univac 5000!! Dang it why am I the only one who fills the paper tray?!! A little help please?!! Dang! Dang! Dang! Now I'm getting all flustered.......

YOU'VE GOT THE PRINTER ATTACHMENT FOR THE UNIVAC 5000!!!
Ohhh, now you’re making Sheldon jealous! I’m sure it’s preferred method of communications is to drop punch cards (do not fold, spindle or mutilate) unless maybe it was updated to a Tractor Feed in the 70’s?

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.