cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM's New $19 Plan: A Step in the Right Direction for Loyalty Customers

Shayne_Cai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM's had opened New $19 Plan to old customers recently. it includes 1GB Data and unlimited air time. As a long-time customer of PM, it's refreshing to see the company taking significant steps to address the concerns of its loyal customer base. The introduction of the new $19 plan is a commendable move that indicates PM is listening to its customers and valuing their continued support.

The new $19 plan offers a more tangible and immediate benefit to loyal customers, addressing one of the primary criticisms of the previous "Point Reward" policy. By providing a straightforward, cost-effective option, PM demonstrates a clear commitment to making loyalty count in a meaningful way. This plan not only offers financial savings but also reinforces the value PM places on customer satisfaction and retention.

33 REPLIES 33

2023Sarlye

I did that if you set it to change at your next cycle renewal. I change my $25 1 gig to $40 US/Canada, then a week later it went down to $34 so I change again and no issues at all.

2023Sarlye

I just switched over for my mother in law's line.. she is 82 years old, more for safety for when she goes out  shopping and if she needs to Whatsapp me for help.

She still has all her Holiday data Bonus intact and all her Holiday long distance minutes after the switch.

Thanks PM Mobile for having this for existing customers.

smannen1

That is for new customers. She needs to log in to her account, click on change subscription. Then she should see the $19/month with 1 GB. When you change at renewal the offer will be gone but will apply on your next billing cycle. This offer was available last week is all I know.

Jack16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Si ta femme a le forfait a15$ 

Oui elle peut avoir le forfait a 19$ avec 1g et non 3g car 3 g c'est seulement pour nouveaux clients 

musicman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thinking of changing my wife’s plan to $19 plan with unlimited calls and 3 gb data she has been on the $15 plan for around 4 years but when I look it says new activations only and 3 months not 1 month plan. Am I missing something?

Jack16

J'ai déjà été client de fizz, et j'avais pas besoin du service pour 3 mois , donc d'habitude tes pas supposé de rien payer, mais fizz a continué a me chargé 10$ par mois sans aucun service, alors j'ai quitté fizz 

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While I thank you for voicing your concerns as a fellow customer, it really shouldn't take complaints from us to point out what should have happened from the day they cancelled the old loyalty program.

Alicat27

So far, yes, though my plan hasn’t yet renewed to the new $19 plan. As I understand it, when it renews I may lose the limited-time gift data awarded as part of the changeover to the pints plan since it may be considered a plan downgrade from the old $25 plan to the new $19. However, I believe any unused holiday gift add-ons are mine to keep as long as I have an active account with PM. 

FoRegina

It doesn't work for me.
Yesterday I changed my subscription to a cheaper one ($19) and today my phone doesn't work. PM charged my credit card $21.47, but my phone doesn't work. The website show "not enough funds".

saturna

@YW_Question77 wrote:

Were your add-ons transferred from the $25 plan to the $19 plan?

Non-expiring add-ons, like the 2021 and 2022 holiday data and minute gifts or any add-ons you bought before the 30day expiration was introduced in early 2023, are tied to your account and will stay throughout plan changes. If you changed to a plan with unlimited throttled data those non-expiring data add-ons will not be compatible, but will stay and become available again if you are back on a plan with hard data cap.

Now the 30GB "loyalty gift", the one with the xx/150days label, might or might not get clawed back when switching from $25 to $19, depending on how they coded the whole thing. Sorry I don't have an according account for reference. 

YW_Question77

Were your add-ons transferred from the $25 plan to the $19 plan?

Alicat27

Yes that would be a nice change — if they offered something better to loyal customers. 

smannen1

$19/month with 3GB for long time legacy customers seems like a sweet spot to me.

Alicat27

Yes I got the same text. I agree -- I'm still waiting for something affordable that falls somewhere between 1 gb at $19 and 40gb at $29! What an odd thing that they won't offer loyal customers something reasonable!

smannen1

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions.

I got a text from offer PM... $29/month for 40GB. Good deal. But I don't use that much data.

Just give an offer that matches or beats the competition based on my current use.

For example... at Fizz you get more GB/month for the same price plus any unused data is rolled over to the next month.

Alicat27

Yes, I figured the same thing. 

LizzieDee

I just read this , at the moment my plan is now $25 before tax and it seems this new $19 plan is the exact same as what I have now.  Might as well switch over and save some money.

funpig1

@Rionn    My Dad's original PM plan was $10 for 50 minutes. A few years ago, PM canceled the $10 plan and forced him into a $13 for 50 minutes plan which he still has. 50 minutes was always enough for him. He still has about a thousand bonus minutes which he can use if he ever runs out of the 50 minutes during the month. 

Under the old loyalty program, his $13 would have been discounted to $6 per month.  With the points rewards, his average monthly net cost is now $11, $5 more.

Of course, we are aggravated by PMs change. But 6 years ago my dad was with Telus and paying about $30 a month.

funpig1

@smannen1  Yes. You can change as many times as I want before you renewal. Each new change overrides the previous change until you finally reach the renewal date. Good luck.

smannen1

If I now change on renewal and another better promotion comes up in 2 weeks and I change at renewal again, will the change at renewal override the previous change?

Rionn

That’s the issue. There is not a plan that fits my needs anymore.

I had 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming, 250mb data plan.

then they changed it to 100incoming and outgoing with no warning

now this

with old rewards program I was paying 8$/month. I have no need for anything more. It was perfect.

funpig1

@smannen1  I agree with you. I have also submitted that PM should make all plans and promos available and the same for both new and existing customers. It would reduce the amount of complaints in the community and the backlog with customer service agents. 

If the difference is only $1 or a couple of gigs per month, I would hold off on switching to another provider, especially if you are entitled to any referral points which will be lost if you close your PM account. Also remember that you get 5% back and 10 points if your anniversary date is coming up. 

With competition from Freedom, mobile and Fizz (e.g. low price Canada-US plans and rollover data), I expect that Public Mobile will be adjusting their plans in order to attract and keep customers. Just need to check PM offerings from time to time and grab one that fits your needs. Good luck.

Rionn

Me experience dictates any good deal will not last and they will shovel you into a new tier without telling you and one day you’ll notice that   Your bill payment is higher..

Very frustrated.

funpig1

@smannen1 

The $19 plan is only available as a 30-day plan, not 90 days. It is usually better to change on renewal. If you change right right away, you will lose the remainder of your current month's plan.

smannen1

I complained to PM about how they give preference to new customers over long time existing customers. Maybe that had something to do with this promo. but I see what you mean. 3 GB/month is better for the same price. Fizz is still $19/month with 2 GB. Plus better perks. Maybe I will order the sim and port over. PM should at least match for us long time customers.

smannen1

Thank you.

Alicat27

It's exactly like the old $25 plan -- 30 day plan, but with faster data.  I changed on renewal since I've already paid for this month. 

smannen1

I'm a legacy customer for more years than I can remember. I have the $25/month plan and had the max. discount which I liked. It was around $20/month with tax. I don't like the new loyalty change. I was about to switch to Fizz so it's nice to see this promotion.

A couple of questions...

Is this promotion a 90 day subscription or 30 days?

Is it better to change now or on renewal? My last payment was a few days ago.

MPR69

I did miss it.  Never mind.

MPR69

I signed up for this too.  I was just noticing my old $25 plan says "Unlimited International Text".  The $19 plan doesn't say anything about texting.  Did I miss it somewhere?

Need Help? Let's chat.