cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will PM be offering Rewards Points for a $15 bill credit??

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just looked at the much more similar rewards program at PM vs Telus. While Telus hasn't kept their customers up to date..they now have an annual loyalty reward and a whole bunch of merchandise that may or may not be appealing. BUT Telus rewards $15/$25/$50 credit to pay towards bill are no longer offered. 

9 REPLIES 9

maurelle

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

@EB0 wrote:

Public mobile can cancel the whole reward system or devalue the points at any time, so it’s better to redeem the points for bill credit or add-ons ASAP.

I agree. I did that a long time ago for add-ons.  But chances are at least 2 of my accounts will be ported out. One will have a ton of add-ons.  

Same here. While using up the data add-ons is relatively easy, there is no way around leaving behind several thousand minutes. They were all free, but even if we put the $$ value to the minutes, we'll be saving considerably within 2-4 months.

SeniorCitizen

@EB0 wrote:

Public mobile can cancel the whole reward system or devalue the points at any time, so it’s better to redeem the points for bill credit or add-ons ASAP.

I agree. I did that a long time ago for add-ons.  But chances are at least 2 of my accounts will be ported out. One will have a ton of add-ons.  

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SeniorCitizen

ha ha but 1000 sounds sooooo good!!!

SeniorCitizen

@maurelle 

Yes, I have been here for quite awhile and ....have had many names in the past...so longer than what you may think. 

And I agree devalue will be the next major change. I worked for a company that had a fantastic rewards program and what happened ...they looked at how many valid rewards were out there and what would happen if they were all cashed in "today"...and that theory caused a major restructure. 

I am not much here any more due to a huge lack of interest and while "change" will always happen so can my loyalty. 

@maurelle wrote:

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

Just looked at the much more similar rewards program at PM vs Telus. While Telus hasn't kept their customers up to date..they now have an annual loyalty reward and a whole bunch of merchandise that may or may not be appealing. BUT Telus rewards $15/$25/$50 credit to pay towards bill are no longer offered. 

You've been here for a while, so you have an idea about PM's track record.

When they discontinued the old rewards, I predicted that it's only a matter of time until they devalue the points. (ie right now 1 point = $1, since everybody is now on points nothing is stopping them from saying 100 points convert to $0.50... )

As in taking a page from Loblaws rewards program, 1000 points = $1?  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I sense it will depend on the pricing pressures from the competition which generally do not have a reward system.  This past year, the cost of the legacy rewards program has been shifted towards competing purely on plan pricing.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM Points are CURRENT perk for customers. How long it be in effect nobody knows!

Monetary reward was here for years and SUDDENLY was converted to points. So Points might be here 'forever' or be gone tomorrow.

maurelle

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

You've been here for a while, so you have an idea about PM's track record.

When they discontinued the old rewards, I predicted that it's only a matter of time until they devalue the points. (ie right now 1 point = $1, since everybody is now on points nothing is stopping them from saying 100 points convert to $0.50... )

Need Help? Let's chat.