cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower redemption amount

Dolphin12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would it benefit you to have a variety of redemption amounts?

I would like to see lower amounts for those who would like to cash in more frequently. For example cash in at $5 & $10.

On the flipside, perhaps some would like to cash in with higher amounts. For example cash in at $25 & $30.

Could the system be set to cash out in 5 or 10 dollar increments? Or better yet offer the incremental amounts plus an option for the customer to fill in an amount based on what's in "their rewards bank".

12 REPLIES 12

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish! But it's a marketing gimmick to force you stay a little longer to accumulate to 15 points and visit the web page

Anton_jk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think this is a great idea. Being able to redeem sooner than later would be great.

Dolphin12

@EB0 maybe not but it doesn't hurt to put the thought out there.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dolphin12 

I don’t think it’s going to be implemented anytime soon.

Dolphin12

@Phil_Adelphus I get that it can work by redeeming points as you pointed out I was simply suggesting having this done in one transaction towards a reduction in price.

Dolphin12

@golfball I'm hoping that the Oracles see this post and perhaps bring it up during a conversation. Change is inevitable I'm hoping this suggestion will one day become reality. If you don't put it out there it will never happen.

Dolphin12

@ottawa never say never. A company can introduce new things at anytime. We have seen this in the past with the reintroduction of plans ($34 US/CAD plan). 

I'm trying to be optimistic by throwing it out there.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not going to happen. The goal (for the vendor) is to leave Points (money) on the table. Taking a year (on a hypothetical $25 plan) to earn enough to redeem for bill credit means if you bail for a great deal, you're leaving on average $7.50 on the table (anywhere from $0 to $15).

Or put another way, how would that be better for PM?

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Restricting bill credits to only increments of 15 is most likely a purposeful decision to slow down the rate of redemption and increase friction. There's no incentive to make it easier.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin12   For example cash in at $25 & $30.

You can already do $30 although it means redeeming 15 points twice.  Lower amounts than 15 points can be redeemed but only for add ons.  If you don't need add ons that's not much help.

Dolphin12

@SpeakingTruth what do you mean? Initial it would take some programming but once implemented it would change.

They could even leave it at $15 but add a radio button of sorts for us to fill in the amount we want to cash in.

SpeakingTruth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately, that's too much work for our team.

Need Help? Let's chat.