cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Old Rewards

Chris311
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any way to keep the old rewards program? I hear a lot of people filing CRTC complaints. Have these done anything. I would like to keep my current rewards program that I signed up with. 

14 REPLIES 14

Promisebroken

Yes.  They are peeing on our feet and telling us it's raining.  If we don't file complaints with CCTS then they get away with it.

Promisebroken

Public has proved that they will not change their mind.  That is why it is so important to file a complaint with CCTS about their false advertising.

Promisebroken

Your complaint needs to go to CCTS, not CRTC.  At the very least they will require a response and explanation from Public on your behalf (within 20 days).  We will lose money going from the rewards system to the points system.  This is false advertising as we were promised the rewards system when we signed up.  

Promisebroken

What they mean is everything will stay the same until two weeks from now, May 1.  After that they intend to break their promise and stop the rewards and switch you to a points system.  You will lose money on the points system.  This is called false advertising and not what we signed up for.

Captn001

Then what do they mean by this?

Please note: if you remain on the old Rewards program you will continue to earn credits up to May 1, 2024. Any credits earned up to May 1, 2024 will remain on your account and be applied to your future bills.

Promisebroken

Public has broken their promise to us.  I hope their lack of loyalty is rewarded by a mass exodus and bad publicity.

Kikiski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not heard anything so far as to whether or not PM is changing its stand on forcing their loyal rewards customers to go to their points system, but don't wait to lodge a complaint to the CCTS about this matter. The site to go on to lodge a complaint is :  ccts-cprst.ca, or call 1-888-221-1687. They will file the complaint for you if you can't do it on the website. 

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh yes there is. It's called holding Public Mobile accountable.

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here is a list of actions you can take:

-First contact Public Mobile about this then file your complaints with CCTS,
New customers say that you have felt cheated by the 2-tier system and demand to have the old rewards system returned.
Old customers say that Public Mobile has broken their customer support promise to keep the old rewards system.
-Contact CRTC and to any more regulators that are available.
-Question the new changes under the announcement.
-Make a new post calling out Public Mobile in the forums.
-Write to your MP/MPP/MLA that you were taken advantage of in the Public Mobile false advertising situation and say that you want more competitive phone plans to match the Quebec and Saskatchewan markets.
-If someone has the means or is a lawyer please start a class action lawsuit against Telus.
-Contact the Press.
-Tell your friends and family about how Public Mobile betrayed the old rewards customers.
-Threaten to switch carriers that are not Public Mobile, Koodo or Telus.
-Use every tool in the box to fight against this unacceptable situation.

Dirkly82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think once you accept the new rewards there isn’t nothing you can do. I haven’t accepted the new way yet. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chris311 

All of us wants to stay on the Legacy Rewards but no go. Everyone will be switched over.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chris311 

everyone who has Rewards want to keep it..but..PM has made the change to Points for everyone effective in May.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Chris311 

no

unless PM changes the mind last minute, the old rewards will end in May and everyone will be moved, no exception 

@Chris311 wrote:

Is there any way to keep the old rewards program? I hear a lot of people filing CRTC complaints. Have these done anything. I would like to keep my current rewards program that I signed up with. 

Sorry, but there is no option to stay on the old rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.