cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If, one was on the PM Points rewards, what would be the One reward one would want?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Aside from $$$$, what would be a great prize?

Not sure on Jerry Springer, or Suz Osman who always say's" Show me the $$$$"

If the rewards Points offered, lets say, a Gaming Laptop, ipad or Android Tablet, or Gaming Console or a Fantastic Handset, perhaps that may generate debate

But, it starts with PM Clients having the Great debate

Even a Dinner or a Movie thing would be a start to giving PM some credibility for wanting to show that The Public is ready for the Big stuff, and that PM is here to stay

31 REPLIES 31

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dna2016 

Well you got that right....which why pm reformed the rewards system because they realized they were giving away far too much to customers for doing absolutely nothing. Now new customers can still earn rewards that can whittle the bill down to $0 or rather redeem their bill down to $0 they just have to work for it. By giving back to the community and referring new customers anyone can achieve a $0 bill and pm benefits with new customers and lower labour costs helping those same customers in the community manage their accounts and service requiring less actual support from the CSA team.

Ask anyone with a $0 bill when they achieved it.....it won't be year 6 when they maxed out their loyalty reward. A motivated customer will still achieve their goal they just have to adapt their sales technique. I'm casually working on the bf's account now having over referred my two accounts to the point that I can't spend the credit......this is the difference between the rewards and the points system.

The points system gives the opportunity for a low points earner to redeem on a discounted add on. 10 point/1gb data add ons for a customer with the $15 plan is a great deal. Easily earned in 4 months ( welcome points=5 pts+ 0.75 pts×2 pts(4 months autopay)=7 pts+2pts (2×top 50%)+ 2pts (top 25%)=11pts enough for the 1gb data add on and an entry into the Apple iPhone13 draw. Your odds of winning are actually pretty good starting off with the new program. Heck I'm an Android user and I would enter to win if I could.....thats a pretty good prize.

You already know how to work the pc optimum program. Just apply that same strategy when selling pm to potential referrals. Sure it was easier to tell possible referrals they can earn up to $7 per month off their bill by year 6 but really you have to get your referral to stay that long and they don't stay in hopes of that maximum $5 loyalty reward. They stay because they don't get a surprise overage bill at the end of the month or their add ons don't expire and then automatically renew whether they need them or not. Their plan or bill doesn't go up by $5 every year or they don't have to spend a couple of hours every month on the phone getting charges reversed on their bill with a dim witted customer service agent.

@makkahn28 

Free service for life is not a likely contest prize but public mobile's #PDA contest with a grand prize of a free year of service ( value=$600) was a pretty good prize. I certainly miss their nearly monthly contests. But I have already achieved free service for life so that's not a prize I need to win it just took some work on my part. It took 2 months for my first account and 12 months for my second account and I am 5 referrals away from getting my bf's account (#3!) free as well. The $5×6 months =$30 bonus makes it free for now while I adjust my sales strategy....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 is it Jerry Springer or Jerry Maguire that says "show me the $$$$$". Unless Springer said it too, I'm not sure.

So this points thing I think people really need to realize, it's not like a credit card or air miles type where it's so quick and easy to accumulate a lot of points. Imagine PM offering a $600 phone and you can put your PM points towards it. How long is it going to take you to accumulate enough PM points to where it'll even put a dent into that $600 phone.  I'm just saying, this isn't PC Optimum where I get points off of practically every single thing I buy and literally every week I'm able to save around $40 off my grocery bill.  Just saying, trying to look at this realistically, better off with low priced items like movie tickets, SIM Cards, maybe $20 gift cards, things like that. Once you get into high priced items like consoles and cell phones, by the time you accumulate even $100 of PM points that new console will probably now be 2 generations behind.  Unless you have a whole lot of referrals, or you're consistently a top contributor on this forum, these points aren't going to accumulate that fast. Which is why I prefer the prior rewards system. Where even if you're not consistently a top community contributor, you're still able to save at least $7 a month after 5 years by literally doing nothing ($2 autopay credit + $5 loyalty). By doing literally nothing in this new points system, without doing the math, I don't see anything near as much a benefit.

You made that clear,  @Zyl  😉

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS   no worries.  I just wanted to show where my needles lie.

Just to be clear,  no one was suggesting you did do that,  @Zyl 

Good luck on your venture. 

Zyl

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Zyl the 100's of users who frequently use the community have a great impact on your potential community rewards do than the 9 Oracles.  There are users who only will give bravo's to a certain group of people and not others even if the other posts contain better content.  Do you want PM to decide that as well as in what bravo's count and don't count from users?  They have already decided that Bravo's in The lounge for nonsupport issues do not count.  

@ShawnC13    Again that is no justification for reducing honest community rewards earned by members as a result of administrative actions done by not the company that I have signed up with, but by another group of customers.  Volume of impact is again irrelevant.  If something is wrong, something is wrong.  When something is not right; it's not right no matter how trivial.   And btw, if bravo's received in The Lounge no longer counts toward community rewards which I don't mind, then in that case, only Public Mobile personnel should be allowed to move posts/replies/threads there.  I do not think again my community rewards should be dependent on the subjective interpretation of another group of customers of what is support-related and what is not.  

Again, this is an issue that is to be decided and rectified by Public Mobile.  

Zyl

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Zyl 

I admire your passion, seriously.

However, not "everybody including (me) knows that (you) are right"

Let's get right down to it, shall we?   Should one also be able to create dozens of Community users, post fake threads about made-up problems, respond to them under the user attached to one's service account, bravo oneself endlessly, then grant oneself all the solutions?

Just trying to determine where (exactly) on the gauge your needle lies...

@HALIMACS   That's not what I do first of all.  I have only ONE community account under ONE username and I do NOT engage in any of these activities that you mentioned.  Every single of my bravo's and solutions (including the ones that were taken away from me) were given by others including yourself and never myself or even any of my friends or people that I have referred.  Every single thread that I created is of a genuine topic of interest that I really want to explore.  The administrator of this forum is able to verify and confirm that if they want to but I understand that I cannot speak for others.  But nevertheless where my needles lie on what you are mentioning is completely irrelevant to the issue that I am stating here and nor do I see it justifying how our community rewards are being reduced unjustifiably by another group of customers' actions.  Just because some customers shoplift from the store doesn't mean that the store should deny giving rebates to other customers who have shopped honestly and presented legitimate coupons that they have accumulated.  Two wrongs do not make one right.  You fix one wrong and then you fix another but you do not punish the people who are following the rules and doing the right thing just because you want to compensate for the wrongs that you have suffered in the hands of the dishonest that you are not able to rein in and control and I am just speaking in general sense here.        

@Zyl 

I admire your passion, seriously.

However, not "everybody including (me) knows that (you) are right"

Let's get right down to it, shall we?   Should one also be able to create dozens of Community users, post fake threads about made-up problems, respond to them under the user attached to one's service account, bravo oneself endlessly, then grant oneself all the solutions?

Just trying to determine where (exactly) on the gauge your needle lies...

Zyl

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Zyl 

You write that forum management, "shouldn't affect (your) community reward earning power"

The Community works as a unit to help others;  the community rewards that go along with that are just a little bonus Public Mobile throws our way.

The Oracles try to balance the goals of Public Mobile's Community against what the Community is built upon - helping OTHERS.

Trust me - we've all had our fair share of threads that we've been involved in either wiped away, made redundant, or moved to the far, far away Lounge.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

@HALIMACS   Shouldn't affect how much I get paid through community reward.  That's the bottome line.  No matter how you say it, nothing ever justifies anybody's community reward getting reduced by what Oracles does.  And everybody including you knows that I am right.  Right now, it's just up to Public Mobile to do the necessary reform.  Like I said, this is between me and actually all of us and Public Mobile because we are all customers of Public Mobile; we are not customers of the Oracles LOL  no matter how much we appreciate the Oracles' efforts.  

And this is not just about winning and losing.  This is about what is right.  

Zyl

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Zyl I do get your point and I am explaining that PM is good with how it is working. If they felt someone was being unfairly treated with they would like into it.  You don't like that it isn't PM making decisions on what potentially effects your community rewards but they have made that decision and find that it is working for them. If you were referred to PM did your referrer explain how the community and rewards work?

I am aware of how community and rewards work.  What is happening here with how administrative duties impacting negatively members' community rewards is an anomaly.  It's not supposed to happen and therefore it needs to be reformed, I believe.  I have read all of the Community Guidelines and all of the documents on how Community Works and nowhere does it mention that the amount of community rewards that I earn could be determined by the actions of another group of customers, the Oracles.  All it is mentioned is that Oracles are picked by Public Mobile to help manage the Community forum and that is it.  And I earn Community Reward by helping others.  If I am mistaken, then I would like to be shown by Public Mobile the passage where it says that the Community Reward that I earn by helping others could potentially be reduced as a result of actions performed by another group of customers, the Oracles.  Then I will adjust my action and potentially my decision to stay or leave Public Mobile accordingly.  I am not having my payment cost to a product/service determined by another group of customers, no matter how trivial.  I signed up to be customers of Public Mobile, not with another group of customers of Public Mobile.   

And again, this is between myself and Public Mobile although I appreciate your advice and guidance.  

@Zyl the 100's of users who frequently use the community have a great impact on your potential community rewards do than the 9 Oracles.  There are users who only will give bravo's to a certain group of people and not others even if the other posts contain better content.  Do you want PM to decide that as well as in what bravo's count and don't count from users?  They have already decided that Bravo's in The lounge for nonsupport issues do not count.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Zyl 

You write that forum management, "shouldn't affect (your) community reward earning power"

The Community works as a unit to help others;  the community rewards that go along with that are just a little bonus Public Mobile throws our way.

The Oracles try to balance the goals of Public Mobile's Community against what the Community is built upon - helping OTHERS.

Trust me - we've all had our fair share of threads that we've been involved in either wiped away, made redundant, or moved to the far, far away Lounge.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

@Zyl I do get your point and I am explaining that PM is good with how it is working. If they felt someone was being unfairly treated with they would like into it.  You don't like that it isn't PM making decisions on what potentially effects your community rewards but they have made that decision and find that it is working for them. If you were referred to PM did your referrer explain how the community and rewards work?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Zyl

@ShawnC13  Ok you still don't get my point.  LOL  I have no problem with Public Mobile deciding that a small group that they picked are given some community management privileges to, can move threads and merge threads.  But this small group's community management privilege to move and merge threads shouldn't affect my community reward earning power.  This is what I am saying.  You can move and merge threads all you want but you don't touch my community rewards.  administrative duties do not equal to reducing potentially members' community rewards.    

The problem right now is my community reward is getting impacted negatively potentially because of the execution of your community management privilege and I don't agree with that.  

I hope I have explained it more clear now.  

@Zyl the Bravo's are back in the lounge but they don't count towards the rewards. That is correct public mobile is the one paying the rewards and you say it their decision on how things run.  They have decided that a small group that they pick and give some community management privileges to, can move threads and merge threads. I know you want PM employees do that but they don't have the personnel to do that so this is the method they have chosen.  It is pretty easy to understand on most posts if it is support related or not. 

Zyl

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Zyl  it is going to happen.  Threads that start in the Get Support section but aren't support-related will get moved to the Lounge and any bravo's earned in that discussion will not be counted towards rewards.  

I thought the bravo's are reinstated in The Lounge.  It's taken away again?  LOL    And besides, whether they are support or non-support related are subjective and again should be decided by Public Mobile personnel and no one else.  After all, it's Public Mobile who would be paying these community rewards so it should be Public Mobile who decides whether some posts and replies are support-related or not.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I'm not a huge fan of how the face-lift has unfolded, but if this is what it is then it needs to be adhered to. I just kept seeing all these new threads from the same user all day. Just "keep the conversation going" in the announcement thread. That was all ridiculously unnecessary. But here we are now. Oh well.

@Zyl  it is going to happen.  Threads that start in the Get Support section but aren't support-related will get moved to the Lounge and any bravo's earned in that discussion will not be counted towards rewards.  

Completely agree, @Anonymous 

There's a whole lot of nuthin in a fair percentage of these newly started threads (except some easy bravo's and solutions for some 🤔 )

Most of them should be combined under the original Announcement -or- moved to a common Lounge thread.   

Yes, some are people throwing around discussion and ideas (& that's great and should occur); all the power to the folks, however almost none are truly related to needing support for service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zyl : It's all one giant long endless discussion back and forth of the whole topic. There's no solution to be had for suggestions and ideas that we all have zero control over. As I also said, that if past practice is any predicter, then this all ain't Get Support. Merge the whole crapper into the ONE Announcement thread then. I will grant that one or two start out as support. Then they devolve into discussion. Which naturally happens. So either throw them over to the announcement thread or dump it all down to the lounge.

I will offer that these discussions are not the same as everybody and their dog coming in asking about the stupid erroneous emails all day. On the two recent occasions. Those are questions from customers. I'm somewhat in agreement with you on your fight about those. But not this. And multiple thread starts from one very long time user of here.

Zyl

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jiminy Christmas...all these rewards/points discussions are already being thrown about in all the different threads. From past practice, I'm surprised they're still up here in GET SUPPORT or not merged together.

@Anonymous 

ALL the threads and posts should be merged under a SINGLE thread.   How many different ways can the same question be asked and answered that it deserves a separate thread, a whole series of posts and bravos, and solution.

C'mon oracles, combine them.

🙄

As long as the merging of threads do not touch the bravo's and the solutions earned, I am all for it if one really doesn't mind losing the individuality and uniqueness of each thread.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl I do agree, Free Life time service is too much, But, if 6 Months to a yr of free service, that would be a start to something

@Zyl Thanks

Just that if this is to be the New Undiscovered Country, we Need to, as Spock would say, take the leap of Faith

Just without the Vulcan Mind-meld

I just hope PM will take all these into a form of consideration, as a means to improve upon a starting concept

Zyl

@

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@makkahn28 

Free PM service for life. Preferably on the topmost plan.

@0PX9O4   They also have to be sustainable.  Public Mobile's got bills to pay too.  

Zyl

@Anonymous wrote:

Jiminy Christmas...all these rewards/points discussions are already being thrown about in all the different threads. From past practice, I'm surprised they're still up here in GET SUPPORT or not merged together.

@Anonymous  Embrace the individuality of each thread!!  LOL  Every thread is unique and offers something different.    

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

ALL the threads and posts should be merged under a SINGLE thread.   How many different ways can the same question be asked and answered that it deserves a separate thread, a whole series of posts and bravos, and solution.

C'mon oracles, combine them.

🙄

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous , it's Christmas already?

Should be Christmas everyday

Anonymous
Not applicable

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Well, Phone service for Life, that would be not as exciting

I of course would not be opposed to a yr of free service or something

But, The Rewards needs to have some real meaning, substance, zest, spice, kick and dance

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I do offer this debate, for that ideas can lead to greater things

Need Help? Let's chat.