cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humour and other misc. stuff - TAKE TWO

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire
Quote from the now closed Topic - Humour and other misc. stuff:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

 

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

 

At least here in Canada, anti Trump posts seem to be 100% okay, Right On and Good to Go! (Unlike in US based discussions)!

 

AE_Collector

 

311 REPLIES 311

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

no one knows.jpg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:
Quote from the now closed Topic - Humour and other misc. stuff:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

 

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

@Catherine_T can you please see this question from @AE_Collector ?  I think it's a valid question.  @Dany_P locked the previous thread, which you can see here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Humour-and-other-misc-stuff/m-p/572880/hig....  In that posting (which has other issues but I'll focus on the rewards part here), Dany mentions what AE quoted above, and it goes against what the community understand in terms of the Lounge being excluded from all and any rewards calculations.  Can you please confirm which is the correct understanding here?  Thank you in advance.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:
Quote from the now closed Topic - Humour and other misc. stuff:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

 

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

 

You got THAT right!!!

 

How 'bout it @Catherine_T  & @Alan_K , please clarify the situation - do bravos in the Lounge count, OR NOT??? 🤔


 

Likely a new moderator not trained properly. One recently replied to an Oracles thread (where they moved a topic to the proper category) asking if they need assistance 🤣

All kinds of wrong in that post.

1. So he is imposing his own religious sensibilities on the place from an indirect angle. A marriage joke? Really? Not a religious joke...just marriage. There were no gods invoked in my marriage. Does that make it worthless? Does it make it offensive to those of a religious bent?

2. He thinks bravos are worth something in The Lounge. They aren't.

 

I guess we'll see what may happen to me and/or this post. I think he deserves a reprimand for imposing his religiosity here.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

  In that posting (which has other issues

Well, if THAT pic tweaks someone's sensibilities, there is absolutely NO WAY to determine what anyone around here will complain about..... unbelievable.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 wrote:

 

2. He thinks bravos are worth something in The Lounge. They aren't.


But do we REALLY know that? I've seen it mentioned many times by Oracles, but don't recall whether or not I've seen it mentioned by any PM staff..... I THINK Tiana MAY have said as much, at some point, but don't recall for sure. 🤔

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 

2. He thinks bravos are worth something in The Lounge. They aren't.


But do we REALLY know that? I've seen it mentioned many times by Oracles, but don't recall whether or not I've seen it mentioned by any PM staff..... I THINK Tiana MAY have said as much, at some point, but don't recall for sure. 🤔


@CFPartDeux the lounge came about after my run as an oracle, but there was a definitely understanding that this area was not supposed to count in any rewards calculations, since it's not in any way related to customer support.  I agree with the sentiment that jokes and talking about <insert your favourite off-topic topic here> is fun but should not be rewarded...which is precisely what this area was supposed to be for.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

As some of you probably already did...this is the announcement from Alan_K.

 

Edit: update: the moderators post is gone. the thread is still locked though

Need Help? Let's chat.