cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humour and other misc. stuff - TAKE TWO

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire
Quote from the now closed Topic - Humour and other misc. stuff:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

At least here in Canada, anti Trump posts seem to be 100% okay, Right On and Good to Go! (Unlike in US based discussions)!

AE_Collector

312 REPLIES 312

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Don't THINK I posted this one before:

Cop Roxanne.JPG

CFPartDeux

@darlicious  Well, I wasn't comparing the phone to the luggage, but I was comparing the b.f. to the gorilla. Obviously, given its' shortened life span, the phone clearly isn't as good as the luggage.... after all, the luggage never required the ability to acquire spare parts to be repaired, and I bet the gorilla could easily turn that phone, or any other, into nothing more than a small pile of broken bits of electronics! 😁

@CFPartDeux 

Yes but the samsonite luggage survived to live another day......so could the phone if you were able to either buy the parts to repair it yourself or take it in to be repaired. At 8 months its had a record run already!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

That's why the Sonim XP-8 failed the bf test.The screen is starting to bleed out. It's on its last legs and impossible to repair if you are not the original owner. Resale value=$0 Stupid policy.

Uhm..... I was under the distinct impression, from the many previous mentions of the b.f.'s ability to kill and/or lose phones, that they ALL fail the b.f. test..... kinda like the human version of the Samsonite gorilla! 😉 🤣

@AE_Collector wrote:

I have some landline phones around here that are mainly for parts if you need one to throw.

The fine-coiled analog microphone transducer elements are always handy for making sensitive RF detectors and EMI detectors. I've even used a few to make extreme overkill precision digitizers.

They just don't make these things anymore so any of these coils you can salvage from old landline/cordless "handset" phones can be precious.

@CFPartDeux 

That's why the Sonim XP-8 failed the bf test.The screen is starting to bleed out. It's on its last legs and impossible to repair if you are not the original owner. Resale value=$0 Stupid policy.

I have some landline phones around here that are mainly for parts if you need one to throw.

AE_Collector

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes and throwing the phone also doesnt work, dont want to crack the screen lol

CFPartDeux

Aaaaand, being a cell phone forum, this one seems appropriate:

Slam Phone.jpg

CFPartDeux

Any new dads, here's some help:

Do It Dad.jpg

Transformer costumes are back for Halloween!

<Edit> Doesn’t anyone get this one? Look up at a power pole near you!

C8B6EF09-0ED5-4D67-9558-5052E2C0EC4E.jpeg

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

@CFPartDeux They are missing helmets lol come on

Well, I plead innocence - I didn't create that pic, I just passed it along! 😜

@Korth wrote:

Facebook had a few hours of downtime?

Good for them!

Alas, I missed my chance to watch any addicts go through withdrawal panic.

MySpace is now number 1 again!

stevenanto

@CFPartDeux They are missing helmets lol come on

stevenanto

Im also sad that i got miss some of my colleagues go through their facebook withdrawal throughout their day. For some it is like an addiction, like a drug for them, or may just be a habit to constantly check their news feed.  

Facebook had a few hours of downtime?

Good for them!

Alas, I missed my chance to watch any addicts go through withdrawal panic.

kids are well protected these day.. too well protected..

btw, the "package" in the picture should also include the label: FRAGILE!!!

@CFPartDeux 

I see the bubble wrapped kids don't have helmets on....what's wrong with these parents?

CFPartDeux

How true:

Things Change.jpg

CFPartDeux

Clothes Shrink.jpgCup.jpg

CFPartDeux

A little sumthin' to boggle your eyes:

Perspective.jpg

@CFPartDeux 

Yes well that was Friday before I could preorder my choices....blows the bonus question out though doesn't it.?!! C'mon were awaiting your guesses.....

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

It was all coffee in the hospital it's at least decent vs no name tea powder in a bag.

OH REALLY!? What's this then:

Tea1.jpgTea2.jpg

Guess we have to chalk up the lapse in memory on the extra GOOOOOD drugs they gave you? 😜 🤣

@softech 

Oh I'm sure it still works....thats the beauty of a well built but basic espresso machine. Minimal electronics, stainless steel boiler, steam wand, group head and handle. Granted I will have to replace the sotta coppa and o-rings due to their age and give it a good once over before priming it for service.

17 years.. you sure it still working?

Yes, we got only a Nesspresso in the beginning.. but since working from home.. we have to "upgrade" to a proper espresso machine...   🙂

@Anonymous 

I drink both but almost exclusively tea at home but I will have a long espresso to start my day at work whenever I can start again..... I do have a very good espresso machine that's been sitting in my cupboard for 17 years now.... 

@CFPartDeux 

It was all coffee in the hospital it's at least decent vs no name tea powder in a bag. I did FOMO on a David's Tea sale spending about $160 on a wide variety of specialty and herbal loose leaf teas so as to cut down on the diuretic effects of regular orange pekoe and a healthier alternative to the sugar in my favourite cranberry and crancherry cocktail. Despite the ridiculous price their blends are very tasty fruit and floral forward good for hot winter sippers and refreshing iced teas in summer. Plus I saved about $2400!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even like the taste of coffee but I'm there to extract the caffeine and have some water intake. Beats Coke or energy drinks as a "healthier" choice.

We have an espresso machine that grinds and heats and can pour about a cup.

Need Help? Let's chat.