cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the $34/month boxing week offer

PublicJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve tried to switch my subscription to the boxing week promotion $34/month for 50 GB 5G network but it won’t let me.   I suspect that’s because it says it’s for new customers only.   As a loyal existing Public customer it seems like this offer should be available to new and existing customers.  What do I need to do to get that promotion as my subscription?

11 REPLIES 11

BMakore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Handy.  Appreciate your time!

@BMakore  To start I just took a temp PM phone number . And called it a day . Don’t want to spend the extra money to keep the same phone number . Just update my contact that my number changed . But if the number is needed to keep then yes I would spend the extra $ to port out and back in . 

BMakore

Ah, I see.  Thanks Handy.  I presume that is what you did?

@BMakore  Unfortunately to keep same number you would need to port original PM account phone number out to new provider and port it back in on the newly created PM plan . Or just take a new number from PM with new plan 

BMakore

Hi Handy, would it be possible for you to explain how you went about upgrading your plan?  I think I am like you, I have an existing plan and I was thinking of creating another account and then going from there ... but after you create a new account ... what next?  Can I do this while keeping my existing SIM card and phone number? Cheers!

@PublicJ   If they offered the same super-duper deals to everyone it would affect the bottom line.  Grocery stores do the same thing, temporarily drop the price of milk, for example, to get people shopping there.  It's called a "loss leader".

PublicJ

Totally agreed!  I just think it’s a terrible business practice not to support existing customers.  One other member suggested that I could cancel my existing account and create a new one with same carrier.  If I’m going to do that, I might as well switch carriers.  

@PublicJ   It might be worth noting that some of the attractive competition is also for new activations only.  So eventually after switching one could be in the same boat with another provider.

PublicJ

Thanks for the response.  I think I’d rather cancel my plan with Public and switch to another carrier.  If the competition is that fierce Public should be reducing friction in its processes and offering these promotions to loyal existing customers not just new ones.  

Shame on Public Mobile.  It takes more time and money for a business to attract new customers than keep existing.  During a time of year when the cell phone companies are so competitive, does it not make more business sense to offer the promotion to keep your existing customers instead of having them leave to go to a competitor?   Hopefully Public will quickly reconsider its policy or risk losing more than one customer.  

I WAS happy with the service but this kind of tactic is unreasonable and worthy of exploring other carrriers again.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Suspected correctly,  only for new customers.

But no need to suspect,; it states right there. For new activations only.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PublicJ  Sorry the 50GB for $34 is only for new activations . Not for loyal existing customers . You would need to create a new account with new email to get that offer unfortunately 

it’s what I had to do to get it 

Handy1_0-1703690737828.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.