cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat wave

Layla2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m glad the heat wave in BC has come to an end. I’d take 35 degrees over 48degrees any day

11 REPLIES 11

Layla2

Global warming! It’s all so unfortunate.

Layla2

30° Was a perfect temp. But, now the forest fire smoke is rolling in. Not fun

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2 

I think this will continue in the future as global warming continues.

Need to get a heat pump AC in the house!

Sea life will be cooked and glaciers will continue to melt.😢

When it cooled down to "only" 30C, everyone I know just continued on without even breaking a sweat. It feels comfortable, it's almost unnoticeable.

Amazing how quickly people can adapt to changing temperature extremes.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

35 is still hot, I cant believe how hot it got for you guys there!! i dont think we hit 42 and we were melting away. 

Layla2

Felt like I needed a sweater 😉

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2 wrote:

I’m glad the heat wave in BC has come to an end. I’d take 35 degrees over 48degrees any day

@Layla2   Isn't it amazing after getting temperatures of unheard of, for BC, in the high 40's that 35 degrees almost seems to be reasonable?  Fingers crossed those temperatures don't repeat!!

Fraser Valley was pretty brutal, ~40C averages, ~45C peaks. Lost hours at work every day for a week when the plant sites shut down ... basically big concrete boxes with metal roofs, full of hot machinery, 50C at 10am (and still climbing).

I miss the free Gatorade jugs at every work station. But apparently Worksafe regulations won't let people toil inside a pizza oven, lol.

Layla2

The kootenays!

@Layla2 

What part of bc are you in?

@Layla2 wrote:

That's over?  I do suppose that "hot" is relative, although 35c is still plenty warm.

Need Help? Let's chat.