cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation - need a physical sim card

StayConnected
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I've scrolled through the related posts but gotten quite confused. Needing your help please.

I'm helping my family member set up her account but her phone is not eSim compatible. The current promotions wave the cost to an eSim, but what about a physical sim card? It's been mentioned multiple times that it's best to just go purchase a Telus sim card from a provider location. Do I need to sign up for the plan and contact CS first before getting the physical sim card?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

StayConnected
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Noted; thank you @BKNS27  & @slusagm.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@StayConnected 

The regular we’re not free since July 25/24.

You can also order one from Canadian Cell Supplies for $5 and if you are in the Mississauga/Oakville area. You can arrange for pickup if you are in a rush. Otherwise, it will be mailed out.

When you subscribe to a plan. It will ask you if you have a SIM already or purchase a new one. Be warned that it may take up to 3 weeks if you order it from PM.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

physical sim is not free.  You can buy the physical sim card first, then sign up using the app

best to buy from Amazon for only $5 and fast delivery.  If you buy from Telus or Koodo store, it works too, but it is $10.  And make sure they give you a PM sim card, not Telus' or Koodo's

Need Help? Let's chat.