cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom is going all out (34$ 50GB 5G)

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in SK but I could definitely see customers in Ontario picking this plan over Public's

Abheer_0-1700940475454.png

12 REPLIES 12

montem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fido is sure to increase the price by 5$ after 10 to 12 months. It gives you a fixed discount credit, but not a fixed price, just like Bell.

Pvkom26

That’s how it was over the last few days. Fido, Koodo and Virgin Mobile offer 4G LTE version and Freedom goes with 5G probably trying to compensate for poorer coverage.

Im not sure what to expect from Public Mobile. Yesterday they matched the Freedom Mobile $34 for 40gb 5G precisely, so there is a good chance we will see $34 for 50gb 5G on this website tonight. But maybe they will only give us only LTE with that - still would be a good deal.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Looks like the dominos have begun to fall... The offer with Fido ends Nov 27. 

Andy85_1-1700942979810.png

Abheer

Koodo doesn't offer 5G with it though I checked

Pvkom26

Technically, Koodo was the first to introduce this offer, as far as I’m aware. Fido and Freedom matched it about couple hours later. Virgin Mobile and Public Mobile are expected to follow.

Andy85

@Abheer wrote:

Yeah I have found out after all my posts lol but It's nice to know that competition is increasing and increasing so we can enjoy cheap plans : )

@Abheer Agreed! I'm still waiting for the plans on the complete low-end to get a little more competitive as well. The CRTC passed a regulation on July 14, 2021 for cellphone service providers to provide the following minimum criteria to their clients. Unfortunately, the offerings of the $15/month plan has not improved by cellphone service providers. They probably have no incentive to improve the offerings either because they want us to purchase the more expensive plans to get anything of real value. 

Andy85_0-1700941002035.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Now, this is just my opinion here. Sure, 30GB 40GB 50GB is all nice and good. But if they REALLY wanted to kick it up a notch and be a plan people will flock for, keep it 40GB and make it Canada US plan. Now THAT would get a lost more "wows". 

Edit: If this current offer that PM is offering of $34 40GB 5G plan was also a Can/US plan, I'd jump on it faster than a donut on my lap! 🙂 

@will13am wrote:

No chance of this customer going back to Freedom ever again.  No point in having all this data that cannot be used because of a poor network.  

agreed. I'm amazed that people still opt for Freedom over PM (or anyone else really)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No chance of this customer going back to Freedom ever again.  No point in having all this data that cannot be used because of a poor network.  

Abheer

Yeah I have found out after all my posts lol but It's nice to know that competition is increasing and increasing so we can enjoy cheap plans : )

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Abheer Freedom has to offer cheaper plan to offset the coverage issue 

Andy85

@Abheer The catch is that the price is only valid for the 1st 24 months. Still an awesome deal for someone who could use the extra 10 gigs compared to the $34/40gb plan that PM is offering. 

Need Help? Let's chat.