cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do cell phone providers not care if we leave?

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Of course they care and don’t want to lose us. They just try to out bluff us. Switched from Bell to PM and 2 fold happy that I did. First of all I’m happy with the lower priced plan that I now have with PM . And now secondary ( because I now have control) BELL WANTS ME BACK… ha ha offering me a 2 year plan for $35 for 120 gb data - unlimited voice etc . I was even telemarketed with promises of even a better bundled deal. Wow they really do want our business and do hate to lose us. 

9 REPLIES 9

mathlord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They make a lot more than what they charge - they can afford to offer lower deals than what they actually pay, so when they lose someone they can give these "special rates" to keep their business without losing money. Excellent scheme!

mathlord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They make a lot more than what they charge - they can afford to offer lower deals than what they actually pay, so when they lose someone they can give these "special rates" to keep their business without losing money. Excellent scheme!

AK32

Yup this happened to me too when i left Fido to come to PM. They sent me offers, even had someone from head office reach out to me and give me an "exclusive deal" (which was still more expensive than PM. 
The funny thing is, i was trying to get a better rate to stay with Fido at that time, and they declined, which led me to find PM and make the switch. If they would have given me the offer when i was their customer, i would have stayed. But they like to push for "new" or "returning" customers more than reward their loyal ones.

@EB0  Definitely an exciting offer eh? Likely looks better after a six pack. 🤪

heavy handed.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dunkman 

Public mobile win-back offers may requires a minimum of $29 plan. So it may not available for all plans YMMV

IMG_4332.jpeg

 

Most mobile companies have Winback offers, even Public mobile.

At the present time, Public mobile is offering some ex-customers 20% off for 6 months discount.  YMMV.  Email offers. 

Wayworn

WOW ! That’s even better than the best PM plans .

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Wayworn 

Big telecom companies like Bell and Rogers have a win-back program which provides great deals to leaving customers to win them back.

Public mobil has a similar program but, it’s not great, they offered only 15 points to return back to PM, PM didn’t offer any special plans to leaving customers!

Need Help? Let's chat.