Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled and no phone service

ChrisJo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community,

I have a serious issue with my account.

I can`t login into my account and it says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

My phone has network but it also does not connect. No data/sms/calls working.

I contacted the support and they came back with this awkward message:

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile. I’ll be glad to assist you about your phone service and account access concern.

Your account has been locked for security reason and the department is requesting you to submit a form of $35 CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (No other payment method will be accepted), Payable to Public Mobile, they must mail it to 320 Bayfield St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C1.

For all other inquiries, we invite you to also visit our community, a place to share ideas, find answers to your questions and earn rewards.

Could you please check what happened to my account??

It´s all paid until mid april and I totally don´t understand what happens here.

Thanks,

Chris

47 REPLIES 47

@daiski wrote:

I am not talking about minor glitches where you can get help from Mod or forum users, I am referring to total taking all of your service away for no specific reason AND THERE IS NO ONE can help.  I was not able to use my phone for weeks despite everything paid for in advance

@daiski  I can certainly understand your frustration and you did absolutely what was right for you and probably the only option left for you. I will have to file a complaint with the CCTS soon myself. Not pm though ....fido. Everyone gets to their breaking point whether it's financially or service oriented or both is up to the individual. The threshold is financially motivated for me...the higher the cost the lower the threshold. In your situation I probably would have done the same. But in the analogy I was referring to @ericaf  and I think many others will say pm is not for everyone. Some like shiny and new and others like some character and patina. I hope your new provider is all that they promised you.

daiski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not talking about minor glitches where you can get help from Mod or forum users, I am referring to total taking all of your service away for no specific reason AND THERE IS NO ONE can help.  I was not able to use my phone for weeks despite everything paid for in advance

@ericaf wrote:

I am having this exact same issue!  Talk/text/data all just stopped working and my online account has been disabled.  I just switched to a plan with more data the other day, so it is not a payment issue at my end - must be a problem at the Public Mobile end.

Also my partners service was randomly set to "lost/stolen" and he had to login to reinstate service.

I guess we'll have to switch carriers, because these problems are not acceptable.

@ericaf   I'm just coming up to almost 7 weeks with public mobile. Troglodyte here I mean flip phoning, paper billing, data blocking ,technologically-challenged generation Xer. I came to save money...and a lot of it. Enough for an all inclusive 5 star week vacation in Mexico for 2. I also quickly figured out I would have to learn a lot. Public mobile is like a classic car. It's a little ugly at first but the more work you put into her the more you love her. There's maintenance to be put in, you have to pull hard to open the passenger door,  the seats are well worn and there's only a radio and an 8 track with a Johnny cash tape. But when you start her up she purrs like a kitten and gets you from A to B. If you're Lamborghini or Bentley guy and happy to have it serviced once year rather than do the work yourself than enjoy your new purchase.  If you can't put up with quirks, squeaks, bumps and replacement parts then pm is not for you. But if you dont  mind oiling the gaskets, pumping the brakes and jiggling the key to get it started to save some money then you bought the right car. Pm she's a bumpy ride sometimes but she gets you to where your going....

daiski

My issue was never resolved and I sadly had to file a complaint with CRTC to resolve this.  My account was suspended for no apparent reason even though service payment was made in advance.  Needless to say I am no longer a PM user.

ericaf

I am having this exact same issue!  Talk/text/data all just stopped working and my online account has been disabled.  I just switched to a plan with more data the other day, so it is not a payment issue at my end - must be a problem at the Public Mobile end.

Also my partners service was randomly set to "lost/stolen" and he had to login to reinstate service.

I guess we'll have to switch carriers, because these problems are not acceptable.

@deepakvparmar

Glad to hear that your line is fixed now.  Indeed an unusual situation.  

Have a great weekend

@deepakvparmar wrote:

@krazykiwiand @Dunkman,

Thank you very much for trying your best to solve my issue.

Finally, Its resolved by Moderator Team. Moderator is saying that my account and mobile service were disabled because of unknown reason. They are not sharing what was the real cause.

Moreover; My self-service account was disabled, now I will have to create new self-service account. Surprisingly, I cannot use my primary email address to create new self-service account. It means, I will have to create new email address to create new self-service account, which i personally find unexpectable, but I have no other option. Moderator is saying that once account is disabled, then It cannot be enabled again.

Anyway, Kindly share my experience to upper management if you could. I dont want any other customer to experience same issue.

Thank you and Have a nice day.

Glad to hear it is finally sorted!

Once you have the new PM account set up with the new email you should be able to go to self serve and change it back to your previous email from your previous PM account. 

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

deepakvparmar

@krazykiwiand @Dunkman,

Thank you very much for trying your best to solve my issue.

Finally, Its resolved by Moderator Team. Moderator is saying that my account and mobile service were disabled because of unknown reason. They are not sharing what was the real cause.

Moreover; My self-service account was disabled, now I will have to create new self-service account. Surprisingly, I cannot use my primary email address to create new self-service account. It means, I will have to create new email address to create new self-service account, which i personally find unexpectable, but I have no other option. Moderator is saying that once account is disabled, then It cannot be enabled again.

Anyway, Kindly share my experience to upper management if you could. I dont want any other customer to experience same issue.

Thank you and Have a nice day.

@CS_Agent Besides the 90 day expiry situation, what would cause an account to be disable as happened to @deepakvparmar?

deepakvparmar

@krazykiwi

I am getting account disabled message, which is not the message you will get when your credentials are incorrect.

It means, My account is disabled including mobile services because some issue in public mobile backend. Somone or automated process have mistakenly diactivated my mobile service and online account.

@deepakvparmar wrote:

@Dunkman

Thank You for replying.

I am not having problem with reset password. Online account itself is disabled. I cannot access online account even after resetting password.

Is this normal practice in Public Mobile to keep customer frustrated for 2 days even if mobile service itself is dactivated?

How come public mobile is not addressing emergency issue on priority basis?

You are saying that your account is disabled but you are NOT having a problem with the password reset function....What is exactly happening that makes you think your account is disabled? What pop-ups, warnings or messages are you getting?

@deepakvparmar

With all the different promotions recently and issues related to them, the moderators have been busier than normal.   I have seen a few people waiting 3-4 days before a response and it was even worse earlier in the summer with some waits up to 5-7 days.  Public mobile should have hired more moderators when they started all these promotions.....   

Unfortunatley, there is no priority type of system, just first-come, first-serve type of system.  The moderators have finished working today, but do work on weekends, so hopefully, you will get a response tomorrow sometime....  

deepakvparmar

@Dunkman

Thank You for replying.

I am not having problem with reset password. Online account itself is disabled. I cannot access online account even after resetting password.

Is this normal practice in Public Mobile to keep customer frustrated for 2 days even if mobile service itself is dactivated?

How come public mobile is not addressing emergency issue on priority basis?

@deepakvparmar

Sorry for delay.  Busy at work today....  It can definitely frustrating waiting for moderator help.  Hopefully, you will get somebody to contact you either today or tomorrow.  

As community members, we can offer advice, but we have not access to account issues like what moderators have access to.....  

You need to access your self service online account because otherwise, we really do not know why your service suddenly stopped.  The reset password link is now working, so hopefully, you can reset your password and access your account and provide more information.  

deepakvparmar

@Dunkman@SD08 and @Mary_M :

It has been two days now. My online account and mobile service are deactivated.

I have sent private messges two times with mobile number and PIN details, still no response from Public Mobile.

What kind of  service is being provided by Public Mobile? I am really frustrated.

Kindly provide direction how I can resolve this issue.

@deepakvparmar

With your self service account, on the website, you can try to reset your password to see whether you can access your account self service page.  The reset passowrd function did not work for awhile, but one of the Oracles mentioned that it was working yesterday.  Once you reset your password, you can access your account online.  If the password reset feature is not working, you will need to contact moderator to reset your password.  

Do you have an extra phone lying around?  You could put your Public mobile sim card into another phone to see whether the other phone works.  That will help determine if the problem is with your phone or the actual public mobile service.  

deepakvparmar

@Dunkman

Its stopped working today afternoon, suddenly my network connection was gone. I tried to restart phone multiple time, but couldn't able to connect mobile network.

So I tried to login online to check what is the problem, then I have realized that my online account is also disabled.

Basically....No mobile service and I cannot even login to online account. I am getting message that my account is disable and I need to raise concern on PM community.

@deepakvparmar

In your self service account, is your account "active" or "suspended"?  Is your phone completely not working?  talk? text? data?  When did it stop working?  today or yesterday?

What does your payment history show?  Did it take the $40 out?   Did you use credit card?  voucher?  Autopay?  Is there anything in your balance?  Sorry need more details to try to isolate issue....

deepakvparmar

@Dunkman

My payment due date was on 17th Sep 2018. I have enrolled for 40$ monthly rental plan.

deepakvparmar

@Dunkman

I have already paid monthly rental two day before. Moreover. I should at least get warning or notification before taking any suspention action in case of any missing action from myside. I have not received any message / sms / email today or yesterday that they are going to deactive my account and mobile service, which is most weird part.

I am relocated to Canada last month only. Public mobile is my first mobile provider, Now I am seriously thinking to change provider.

@deepakvparmar

As you wait for the moderator response (approximately 48 hours), maybe you can explain your situation in more detail.  It may be possilbe for the community members to help you out to get your phone started earlier.  Did you miss your payment today?  When is your payment date? Which plan were you on?  Were you on autopay?  Did you recently change plans? Etc.  The more detail, the better.....  

deepakvparmar

Thank You. I hope, They will resolve issue as soon as possible. Its really helpless feeling when you can not reach to anyone in case of emergency.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deepakvparmar

No, PM has no call centre support, only online.  Since you've sent a private message already, best to wait for their response.  Unfortunately, due to higher than usual volume of support requests, current wait times can be up to 48 hours.

deepakvparmar

I am also facing similar issue.

Today, My mobile number is deactivated and account is also disabled.

I am not able to find way how to raise issue and solve it. However; I have sent private message to moderator.

Is there any customer care number where I can call and raise issue.?

Regards,

Deepak Parmar

daiski

looks like I'm not the only person with similar issue.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SameProblem

Here's how you view and create private messages:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Please also read my previous link on how to contact moderators.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I have just sent you a private message, can you please view it and check if you can answer? 🙂 @SameProblem

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SameProblem
For some reason it won't do it.. Can I give you my email address this way to communicate

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

We do not have email addresses - you can send us a message through the community 🙂 simply hover over the username in question and choose the option to send a private message! @SameProblem

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SameProblem
How do.I get a moderators email address?
Need Help? Let's chat.