cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans

Wodahs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I change my plan and still keep my promos? And will it charge me extra for changing my plans?

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to always change plan at next renewal to avoid losing paid plan days as PM is a prepaid service. I've also noticed early plan changes can lead to errors and members becoming frustrated. Promos can be taken away if plans are changed and some plans have specific requirements, such as a minimum plan charge.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahs could you elaborate? Which promos are you referring to, The plan you are on and which plan you would like to switch to? Thanks.

@Wodahs wrote:

Can I change my plan and still keep my promos? And will it charge me extra for changing my plans?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It will depend on which promo.  If you switch plans it is recommended to change on next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahs wrote:

@Wodahs  When changing plans you have the option to change on your next renewal (you don't lose anything) or changing immediately (you lose what you have paid for the current period.)

As for the promos it depends on the promo. You need to check the details of the promo.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wodahs wrote:

There is no charge for changing plan.

Some promo requires that you stay with the plan until your received all credit.

Which promo are you referring to?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahs wrote:

@Wodahs Depends on what promo you reffer to. Lunar new year - no. Data and Calls gift addons will be saved with plan change.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahs If you are referring to the Lunar promotion then no. If you mean the 2 Christmas gifts, then yes. If you are talking about other promotions given out before, then it depends on the terms they were given under.

There is no charge for switching a plan. However, if you switch mid cycle, you lose whatever you paid, so it is recommended that when you are switching to use the option of starting your new plan for the next 30 day cycle.

@Wodahs wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.