cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old promos possible?

Draconus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My sister was interested in signing up with Public, but this was during the $5-$10 for 8 months promo. I guess I had told her about it at the tail end of the deal. Now that the promo has been stopped, she is less enthused about switching from her present provider.

Does Public sometimes add an old promo for someone if it means they will sign on? I feel like it'd be worth instating the promo to get a new member.

Follow-up question: how often do promos tend to release?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Draconus , unfortunately, the old saying ' you snooze, you lose!'

Saying that, like the suggestions say, sign up for the promo alerts, or keep on checking back one a week. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Draconus  Its been over two weeks since the last promo ended so maybe on Friday they will announce one. If it's a higher priced plan the it's worth waiting. If it's the $15 plan that you're looking at then it's often the one plan not eligible for a promo....if you live in the West then London drugs has a free sim with in store activation thru the 19th of february.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Draconus Scroll down this page to sign up for deal alterts: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Draconus 

Go to the plans page and sign up for the promo alerts.

It's totally worth it as some come for very short time and by the time you figure everything out it's already gone

We have almost every month short weekend flash sales a then every here and then something longer.

When it does come, call Walmart and see if they will give free sim with in-store activation. You can still use your referral code, this way you maximise savings. You can also check Amazon, they sometimes have $6-$7 sims with free shipping (combined with other purchases) it's a good idea to have a spare Sim in your drawer, as some sales may be online only for shorter than the sim delivery time and you may have hard time getting it in store. My uncle went to his local Walmart daily to see if they have it for almost a week

Many people are waiting for the right moment to jump in

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Once a promo ends it is not available unless it gets offered again.  There is no guarantee the same promo will be offered up again.  As for how often promos come up that is hard to say sometimes they do weekend flash sales or it could be weeks between promos.

As for the comment of it would be good to offer old promo's to gain a member, the pricing here should be enough savings for anyone to come over without a promo, they are just additional savings.

@Draconus wrote:

Hi,

My sister was interested in signing up with Public, but this was during the $5-$10 for 8 months promo. I guess I had told her about it at the tail end of the deal. Now that the promo has been stopped, she is less enthused about switching from her present provider.

Does Public sometimes add an old promo for someone if it means they will sign on? I feel like it'd be worth instating the promo to get a new member.

Thanks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Draconus sorry, but once the promotion ends it's gone. They tend to be almost monthly in my under 2 months here🤔

@Draconus wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.