cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not Receiving Text Messages

Ahhh this is so stressful!! I’m unable to receive messages too!! From anyone without iMessage .... THIS INCLUDES MY BOSS!!! I direct messaged mod yesterday and no word back. This is a pain... I’ve literally tried everything I have seen and thought of! Honestly, why can’t things just work?! I just need to know where to go for work and I can’t receive messages .... Let’s hope I don’t lose my job over this!! If Public Mobile knows this is a ongoing problem... why don’t they give some warning?! 

Mayor / Maire

While you are waiting for a moderator, you could try using an app like TextNow or Fongo to send/receive texts.

It’s frustrating because why should I have to? Why can’t a plan that I’ve been paying for work? Obviously it’s not uncommon to have this problem so why is there no warning and/or why haven’t they fixed this problem? 

Mayor / Maire

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

It’s frustrating because why should I have to? Why can’t a plan that I’ve been paying for work? Obviously it’s not uncommon to have this problem so why is there no warning and/or why haven’t they fixed this problem? 

The mysterious technology!!!Smiley Frustrated

Did you try the lost/stolen trick?

Is your account shows ACTIVE?

What is the list/stolen truck? 

Active yes, money available yes (even tho i’m signed up for auto pay), turning the phone off and back on yes, APN (or whatever it is) yes, sim card out for 10 or so minutes yes.... See my frustration lol

Mayor / Maire

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

What is the list/stolen truck? 

Active yes, money available yes (even tho i’m signed up for auto pay), turning the phone off and back on yes, APN (or whatever it is) yes, sim card out for 10 or so minutes yes.... See my frustration lol

I can easily understand your frustration!!!

In your account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Wait 5 minutes.  Login and report your phone found.  Re-boot phone.  This resets your SIM/account.

Guess that’s the only thing i have left to try isn’t it 😏 thanks i’ll let you know 

@Lieux  

You. Are. A. Miracle. Worker!!! 

Thank you so much! **Someone give this person a raise!** 

Not gonna lie, I was doubtful at first but now I am going to suggest this to anyone I see with this issue! Literally the ONLY thing that worked! 

Mayor / Maire

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

@Lieux  

You. Are. A. Miracle. Worker!!! 

Thank you so much! **Someone give this person a raise!** 

Not gonna lie, I was doubtful at first but now I am going to suggest this to anyone I see with this issue! Literally the ONLY thing that worked! 

Very happy to help you! Finally... have a nice day!Smiley Happy

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same problem as original poster. US Roaming addon expired, no longer in USA, and now my entire phone cannot perform messages and calling for Canada use. Waited 24hours and no fix...

Isn't this behavior or issue a year old now? This is a private company, right?