cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New 4G LTE Data 30 day plan

@stonechucker wrote:

I have to disagree with you @LEGO.  There is no way to select 660MB from the plan selection page, note I haven’t looked at the one inside self serve yet,

You misunderstood my post! Read this part only: You can build it, but only with 500 mb of 4G LTE speed.

Highlighted
Oracle

This plan and the 250 meg 3G plan are intended as stand alone plans, not to be combined with calling/texting. 

I too do not understand the thinking behind these offers. Robot Indifferent

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted

You could just activate a sim on the $10/month plan, purchase 1Gb add ons for $30 and be paying less per mb??? 

PM you messed up?!? 

Highlighted
Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

You could just activate a sim on the $10/month plan, purchase 1Gb add ons for $30 and be paying less per mb??? 

PM you messed up?!? 

the nice thing about going this  route is if you dont use up the data in the 30 days then carries forward till used up.

Highlighted

@mimmo wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

PM you messed up?!? 

the nice thing about going this  route is if you dont use up the data in the 30 days then carries forward till used up.

Not to mention you get some calling, some texting, and it's cheaper per Gb 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LEGO, so you are misundersanding me... I can not make the exact plan with 600 MB... what if I do not want only 500 MB, but truly want 600?

You need to read everything.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unfortuantely, it looks like plans like this are what the big 3 have in mind for low-cost data-only approaches.  In fact, Telus highlight this very [and very awful] plan when mentioning their suggestions.  Here is all the deets:  https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/25/google-fi-rogers-bell-telus-crtc-low-cost-data-only-plans/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

These "low cost" plans are completely ridiculous...!

@jp2 wrote:

PM you messed up?!? 

Or pay $30 ($28 with autopay) for unlimited Canada-wide+text+500mo (3G)

Or pay $35 ($33 with autopay) for unlimited Canada-wide+text+1000mo (3G) 

Or pay $35 ($33 with autopay) for unlimited Province-wide+text+500mo (LTE) ...

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rogers is proposing to the CRTC a $25 for 400MB data-only plan and Bell and Telus are proposing a $30 for 500MB data-only plan.

Public Mobile's repsonse to all this appears to be this $35 for 600MB.

From a Mobilesyrup internview discussing the $25 and $30 plan mentioned above:  “These plans suck” — Laura Tribe, OpenMedia

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/25/rogers-bell-telus-consumer-advocacy-response/

Highlighted

So this PM plan isn't even a deal when when compared to the big 3. Clearly they don't want to sign many people up on this plan.